• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Potential OC Candidates for the Steelers in 2024

They interviewed Thomas Brown formally of the Panthers and Rams. Love this. He did wonders with Bryce! Once he took over he won 1 game! 9-7.
I don't understand why they brought in Tom Brown from Carolina....His offense in Carolina averaged less than 13 PPG this season. He might actually be statistically worse than Matt Canada! They can't be serious about hiring this guy can they? Please talk me off the friggin ledge!

Hard pass on Bienemy and Leftwich who made their reputations working with a great offensive coach/QB and have then sucked without them

Harder pass on Kingsbury who went .500 every year in the Big 12 with fricking Patrick Mahomes

I’ll vote for Kubiak or someone from the McVay coaching tree and Tomlin is hands off

I never ever have said Tomlin was a perfect coach with no flaws. I have also said I would have been fine with him retiring. Yes I am a Tomlin supporter but I am not blind either. It is the one real complaint I have had was his loyalty to some of these coaches. That and being bad at challenges. If we truly go outside the staff and hire someone with real potential I am willing to forgive and forget.
Puke

Yes it’s ok that you haven’t won a playoff game in 7 years, and have gotten blown out during that time when you do make the playoffs Mike, you finally went outside the organization after 3 straight in house hires failed, we forgive you!

You realize it is HIGHLY likely Tomlin wouldn’t have fired Canada without the massive public outcry and is only doing an outside hire because Rooney is forcing it right?

Last edited:
That team had a top 5 defense and won two games. Thanks for stopping by Thomas Brown. Good luck in your search.

Sad thing is, in my mind it’s still a 50 / 50 Coach Tomlin could get him.

Salute the nation

Reactions: xjx
That team had a top 5 defense and won two games. Thanks for stopping by Thomas Brown. Good luck in your search.
Courtesy interview maybe?....I hope..

Sometimes you interview "candidates" that you know are not the best choice in order to learn what caused their shortcomings. That also helps to easily recognize what makes other candidates successful in their field of work, as a comparison.....and the core competency "watch outs" to look for that made the not so successful candidate ....not so successful.

Other words....it helps the interviewer choose the best candidate in the long run.

Last edited:
Oh they want to be competitive.
I miss the days when the team attempted to win championships

I hear yaz but also want to add----------------

I miss the days when the Head Coach had no "friends" when it came to team business..............

Salute the nation

Puke

Yes it’s ok that you haven’t won a playoff game in 7 years, and have gotten blown out during that time when you do make the playoffs Mike, you finally went outside the organization after 3 straight in house hires failed, we forgive you!

You realize it is HIGHLY likely Tomlin wouldn’t have fired Canada without the massive public outcry and is only doing an outside hire because Rooney is forcing it right?
No I don’t “realize” that. I understand it is simply what you and others think is true but is simply pure conjecture without any shred of evidence to the contrary.

I had a bacon/Spinach omelet for breakfast.

I had a diced-up apple fried (5 min.), then cracked eggs over it. Really good and a little different.

Salute the nation

Read where SBWHCMT stated that he hopes to announce the new OC sometime around the combines this year, you know, when every other OC with an ounce of talent has already signed elsewhere.
Maybe he’s waiting for someone from a Super Bowl team?
I keed, I keed….

While I want the Steelers to interview a bunch of candidates, there is also some urgency because there are so many OC openings and new HC hires that will quickly drain the pool of candidates.

No I don’t “realize” that. I understand it is simply what you and others think is true but is simply pure conjecture without any shred of evidence to the contrary.
Tomlin announced the Monday after the playoff loss that they were going out other organization for the OC hire, that has never happened before under Tomlin

Take off your rose colored Tomlin fanboy glasses and think what’s more likely:

one of the most regimented, slow to change, guarded coach with the media in the league did a 180 in his hiring process after going in house 3 straight times in with slowball seaerches hidden from the media

OR

someone besides Tomlin is dictating how the OC hire will go to him and told him to get the outside hire decision out to the public to quell criticism

Last edited:
I wouldn't want Kingsbury. He was barely over .500 at Texas Tech with Pat Mahomes at QB. He was right place right time for the Arizona job. They decided to draft Murray and hired a coach they thought could get the most out of him. His air raid style offense may have been ahead of the curve 10 years ago but not anymore.

I do like that he's on the list though because it does show they are looking out of the box.

Tomlin announced the Monday after the playoff loss that they were going out other organization for the OC hire, that has never happened before under Tomlin

Take off your rose colored Tomlin fanboy glasses and think what’s more likely:

one of the most regimented, slow to change, guarded coach with the media in the league did a 180 in his hiring process after going in house 3 straight times in with slowball seaerches hidden from the media

OR

someone besides Tomlin is dictating how the OC hire will go to him and told him to get the outside hire decision out to the public to quell criticism
Take off the hater glasses he learned a lesson or two. You can't prove anything anymore than I can. I choose to look at things glass half full you choose half empty. Life is a little easier and less stressful having a positive outlook.

Take off the hater glasses he learned a lesson or two. You can't prove anything anymore than I can. I choose to look at things glass half full you choose half empty. Life is a little easier and less stressful having a positive outlook

He hasn’t learned jack if he had he’d figure out how to win a playoff game in the last 7 years or at least be competitive in one

The only changes he makes are the ones he’s drug to, see Mason Rudolph

You clearly place some irrational love of Tomlin, milk toast mediocrity, or some organizational mantra of “the Steelers don’t fire coaches” over watching a team compete for a championship, but you be you homer

Last edited: