• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pre-Obama ammo prices

ark steel

Reaction score
Anyone remember what ammo prices were pre-Obama?

I have an old box of .22LR. It was a box of 500, but the receipt is too faded to read. The prices I am seeing now on similar boxes online (cant find any .22LR locally) seem a lot higher than I remember paying.

What about other ammo prices in 2007 vs. now?

In other gun news

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives Purchasing Mini Caliber Robot

10--Mini-Caliber Robot

Solicitation Number: DJA-15-ANCE-PR-1110

Agency: Department of Justice

Office: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)

LI 001: Mini-Caliber SWAT man-portable robot, 1, EA;

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...&id=5e69639886d5a9db90f93406b00f3f98&_cview=0

---------------------

I blame video games

turrets.jpg

They sell like hot cakes round here. Can barely keep them in stock.

I asked about 22L's when I was in Walmart last week and the clerk told me to be there at 8AM on Thurs and wait for the shipment to arrive from the warehouse. Otherwise, look elsewhere cause they would be gone by 10;30. Luckily I found a couple boxes at the local feed and grain store on the way home.

It's weird what ammo is readily available and what is not. It is tough to find .22 around here, too, but 5.56 they are having sales for.

I shoot M1 Garands. Prvi Partisan makes a great load for the M1, but you can't find it anywhere. I lucked into it at a gun show over the summer and that was the last I saw of it.

It's weird what ammo is readily available and what is not. It is tough to find .22 around here, too, but 5.56 they are having sales for.

I shoot M1 Garands. Prvi Partisan makes a great load for the M1, but you can't find it anywhere. I lucked into it at a gun show over the summer and that was the last I saw of it.

5.56x45 is a NATO round like my 7.62x51, they have boatloads lying around.

We can get .45 ACP, .223, 5.56, 40 S&W and 9mm just about anywhere these days. 9mm and .223 was tough to find for a while. 5.56 became more readily available than .223 for a while. Probably, because it is cheaper to shoot .223 at a range. Seems like .45ACP was never hard to find.

I still cant find .22LR. Don't even own a gun for it, but that is the main reason I haven't bought a gun for it.

I still cant find .22LR. Don't even own a gun for it, but that is the main reason I haven't bought a gun for it.

Ark, next time you're near an Ace Hardware, check to see if they have 22L...somebody told me that they found them to be good source. I buy all I can find now just to make sure I don't run out, likely why they are hard to find...everybody probably thinks the same thing.

Ark, next time you're near an Ace Hardware, check to see if they have 22L...somebody told me that they found them to be good source. I buy all I can find now just to make sure I don't run out, likely why they are hard to find...everybody probably thinks the same thing.

I know a while back (about a year and a half ago), that there were groups of people going to all of the Walmart stores at 8am and buying up all of the 9mm and .223 ammo, then reselling them at local gun shows for inflated prices. Walmarts in the area started limiting sales to a maximum of 3 boxes per person and cut it down a bit.

I will check Ace.

So the ammo industry must love him then I assume. How ironic....

Kalashnikov USA to produce AK-47 in Florida

Kalashnikov-USA-to-produce-AK-47-in-Florida.jpg

POMPANO BEACH, Fla., Jan. 28 (UPI) -- Kalashnikov USA said it plans to build a factory in Pompano Beach, Fla., where it will manufacture the AK-47 assault rifle.

Kalashnikov USA previously imported weapons from Kalashnikov Concern, the original AK-47 manufacturer in Moscow, but began producing them last year in Tullytown, Pa., soon after sanctions were imposed against Russia by the United States over President Vladimir Putin's annexation of Crimea in 2014.

The guns created in Pompano Beach are expected be sold to retailers nationwide, as the licenses given to Kalashnikov USA do not allow the company to sell guns in the South Florida city, nor make ammunition, CNN reported.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/20...SA-to-produce-AK-47-in-Florida/7391453991425/

So the ammo industry must love him then I assume. How ironic....

He definitely increased gun and ammo sales. I've joked all along that this was his whole "jobs plan".

Kalashnikov USA to produce AK-47 in Florida

POMPANO BEACH, Fla., Jan. 28 (UPI) -- Kalashnikov USA said it plans to build a factory in Pompano Beach, Fla., where it will manufacture the AK-47 assault rifle.

Kalashnikov USA previously imported weapons from Kalashnikov Concern, the original AK-47 manufacturer in Moscow, but began producing them last year in Tullytown, Pa., soon after sanctions were imposed against Russia by the United States over President Vladimir Putin's annexation of Crimea in 2014.

The guns created in Pompano Beach are expected be sold to retailers nationwide, as the licenses given to Kalashnikov USA do not allow the company to sell guns in the South Florida city, nor make ammunition, CNN reported.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/20...SA-to-produce-AK-47-in-Florida/7391453991425/

Seems odd.

They are a manufacturing plant, not a retail outlet.

He definitely increased gun and ammo sales. I've joked all along that this was his whole "jobs plan".

Correctamundo sir......as a matter of fact.

During Obama's time in office, there have been four times as many guns purchased as babies born.

Americans had 16,107,665 babies between June 2009 and June 2012 -- the bulk of Obama’s presidency -- according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It may seem like a high figure, but the number pales in comparison to how many guns Americans have purchased. Since February 2009, there have been 65,376,373 background checks for Americans looking to buy guns, according to FBI data cited by conservative website CNSNews.com.

While the FBI doesn't track actual gun sales, the totals could be even higher because the same buyer can purchase more than one firearm, USA Today reported. Reliable statistics on total sales don’t exist, but U.S. makers of firearms do report figures on new weapons produced each year. U.S. production of new handguns — revolvers and pistols — topped 4 million in 2012, the most recent year for which the government has released figures. That’s more than double the figure for 2008 — an increase of 128 percent during the president’s first term alone.

smith-wesson-revenues-chart.png

I know I've done my part. These damn boating accidents are starting to impact my bottom line.

Some ******** just get free guns handed to them. ******* White Privelege

guy i know owns a gun/firearm retail store. he told me that while he certainly appreciates the overall volume of sales since obama was voted in, the roller coaster of sales is difficult at times.

Where's he keep the Still?

you talkin' ta me?

That's turrets you build for Sanctuary in Fallout - gotta keep the mutants out, they will wreck your tomato patch

Federal court deals blow to gun reformers saying people have 'fundamental right' to own assault weapons in rejection of Maryland law

A federal court said that assault weapons are in such "common use" that owning them is a "fundamental right" in a decision that could force the Supreme Court to rule on whether the firearms are legal.

On Thursday, a three-judge federal panel dealt a blow to anti-gun violence advocates when they rejected portions of a Maryland gun reform law.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fed-court-rejects-maryland-gun-reform-law-article-1.2522544