• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Preseason Steelers Vs Texans game thread

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
7 PM NFL Network unless it's on one of your locals then it will be blacked out on NFLN. Replay on NFLN Sat at 9;30 AM

Wilson not playing. Fields to start but I've heard he'll only get a series or two.

The OL is the focus. Hopefully they give the rookies significant time.

Alright, alright, alriiiight!!! Just poured a double of Dobel Maestro and have a couple of Truly's on chill.

No injuries and a whole lot of change on offense. That's what I will be watching for...

Reactions: JMM
Patterson was a surprise activation glad he is back…

Texans say they will play their starters but sure it’s only first series, maybe two.
Anxious to see Justin perform. Most likely the first couple series.
Remember though, mostly vanilla but I’ll be watching Justin nevertheless. Having a good camp so let’s see how that transcends to an exhibition game.

Remember how excited we all were after Pickett's performance in preseason games last year and keep everything in context. Personally, I would be happy if they cut it to 2 preseason games. Geeze, I am old enough to remember when they played 6 preseason and 14 regular season.

I am just hoping that the NFL channel doesnt jump to different games. stay on the Steelers please.

oh and no injuries please

I’m really trying hard not to sound or appear negative this year but I just don’t want to allow myself to get all jacked up just to be let down once again.
I’m getting so ******* tired of the same schtick every year but I’m trying to stay positive.
Been loving this organization for a very long time and been through the bad and great times just seems like I buy in every summer and get the rug pulled from under me every fall.
I have my doubts about this team and the QBs but I’m pulling hard for Justin Fields to live up to his potential here. I gladly love to be wrong about Fields and this team. If he succeeds, great, we have our QB for a long time. If not, I’ll be pulling and hoping for Ole Russ.
Let the games begin!

I’m really trying hard not to sound or appear negative this year but I just don’t want to allow myself to get all jacked up just to be let down once again.
I’m getting so ******* tired of the same schtick every year but I’m trying to stay positive.
Been loving this organization for a very long time and been through the bad and great times just seems like I buy in every summer and get the rug pulled from under me every fall.
I have my doubts about this team and the QBs but I’m pulling hard for Justin Fields to live up to his potential here. I gladly love to be wrong about Fields and this team. If he succeeds, great, we have our QB for a long time. If not, I’ll be pulling and hoping for Ole Russ.
Let the games begin!
I really liked reading this. Thanks for making an effort - that will help on your health and heart - trust me...

I watched a lot of Texans last year obviously living here in Houston.
They have really turned this thing around quickly and they hired a really good HC in DeMeco Ryan’s and Bobby Slowik is a great OC. Both came from Shanahan’s staff in SF.
Texans should be really good this year. CJ Stroud very exciting to watch and is a mature young man.
Good test for the Steelers.

Alright, alright, alriiiight!!! Just poured a double of Dobel Maestro and have a couple of Truly's on chill.

No injuries and a whole lot of change on offense. That's what I will be watching for...
You poured a double for a preseason game? Good thing you're looking after your heart. ;)

The girl with Max Starks in pregame is just smoking hot…

I really liked reading this. Thanks for making an effort - that will help on your health and heart - trust me...
Thanks man! I just take this team waaay too seriously and I need to relax.
Consider…. I’ve been watching since I was a kid in the early 60’s. I’m fricking old!

This is our year I can feel it! The Pre-Season Championship will be ours!

Welcome back ladies and gentlemen. Looks like we get to work on our pregame postings before the new season starts. Hopefully we can work out the bugs before the opener vs the Falcons

******* NFL Network! Blacked it out here in Houston. I switched to KTRK in Houston carrying it locally. Whew!

Not just the trenches improving JMM....I'm looking at the secondary and even punting.

Let’s all watch John Metchie,if he gets reps. I still think the Steelers could go out and get him.