• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Projected Inactive List Week 6

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Kind of sad that the Steelers have 6 players ruled out already for this Sunday's matchup vs Miami. Even with 6 out, the Steelers are oddly getting healthy. There may be a Zack Mettenberger sighting on the Inactive list this week (since he's been active the past 2 weeks).

Here's who sits this week:

Cameron Heyward Hamstring Already ruled out for the game
Shamarko Thomas Groin Already ruled out for the game
Cody Wallace Hyperextended Knee Already ruled out for the game
Marcus Gilbert Mid-foot Injury Already ruled out for the game
Marcus Wheaton right Shoulder Sprain Already ruled out for the game
Ryan Shazier MCL strain Right knee Already ruled out for the game
Zack Mettenberger 3rd QB Inactive

The only monkeywrench seems to be Sammie Coates and his hand. Getting some limited action today is a good sign. His hand will be fully healed on Sunday, and team doctors can remove his stitches on site, so he should be able to play Sunday. If Sammy Can't go, Zack will be active, and Eli, DHB, and Bell will have to help out AB in the receiving sets.

This is a good week with so many receiver injuries, to be playing a team that is last in stopping the run!

Most frustrating part about Shazier is that when he is hurt it is always a six week healing process. He has a strain or even a sprain. He practices limited. OOOOOCH back to no participation. From that perspective I see where the term china doll comes in. I don't blame him for getting injured. Its the healing process always being dragged out forever that pisses me off. Rogers has a turf toe. That is a SOB injury. Terrible. He is back ready to go. He wants to play. Shazier seems to only want to play when he is great.

It is kind of hard to compare the playmaker Shazier to the playmaker Polomalu.

Polomalu, you see... played.

Cope, thanks for the insight of thos post. I appreciate them. Shazier is a little disappointing as to NOT being on the field but one must Remeber it is football, regardless of how sissy it has become. Coates on the other hand (pun intended) is amazing to be a possible play on Sunday. 7 stitches and 7 days all towards our 7 lombardies...... Catching #7's throws........... You see where I'm going.
Back to Coates and his amazing recovery. This day and age medicine is unreal as to it's process. I'm sure he will have skin tight something over the area of stitches and a glove over that but it is still pretty incredible to be able to go out there. Hats off to him.

Salute the nation

One thing I will say about Shazier. It KILLED him when he got hurt in the Eagles game. You could see it on is face. He tried to return TWICE, and just couldn't. He wants to be on the field. And I hope he is at full strength, when we hit the playoffs!

It is kind of hard to compare the playmaker Shazier to the playmaker Polomalu.

Polomalu, you see... played.

Lol, Troy was very breakable.

As much as I love and miss him he spent more than his fair share on the injury report and on the sidelines.

You might be miss-remembering his career.

Lol, Troy was very breakable.

As much as I love and miss him he spent more than his fair share on the injury report and on the sidelines.

You might be miss-remembering his career.

Polamalu missed a lot of time, but it all came after he had been in the league for a few years and established himself as a star player.

In his third season, Shazier has yet to see the field enough to establish much of anything.

Sammie Coates has broken index finger

Sammie Coates (hand, questionable) is dealing with a broken index finger in addition to the laceration on his left hand.

Coates was able to catch passes in Friday's practice, and Mark Kaboly of DK Pittsburgh Sports believes he will "definitely" play. He had trouble catching the ball last week despite a massive game, however, and the Steelers could give him a week off against a Dolphins squad they should dispatch without much trouble. Coates is truly questionable, and it would not be surprising if he sat out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10285/sammie-coates

Kinda sad is that I was once again reminded Shamarko Thomas is still on the team.