• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Realistic FA options

The Bears just did something galactically stupid. The Bears released Eddie Jackson, perhaps the most talented safety in the NFL. Got injured in his foot in the last 2 seasons and the Bears Pickett'd him.

If the Steelers had even one brain amongst them in the front office, they'd plunk down some money (if even that much needed) and sign this guy ASAP.

Talk about landing the white-whale! Minka SS and Eddie FS?! wholly F*ck.

The Bears just did something galactically stupid. The Bears released Eddie Jackson, perhaps the most talented safety in the NFL. Got injured in his foot in the last 2 seasons and the Bears Pickett'd him.

If the Steelers had even one brain amongst them in the front office, they'd plunk down some money (if even that much needed) and sign this guy ASAP.

Talk about landing the white-whale! Minka SS and Eddie FS?! wholly F*ck.
The team would be much better allowing Minka to move back to the FS spot and leave playing LB to the LB’s. Minka excells in a ball hawk position, as shown in his early year with the team.

The team would be much better allowing Minka to move back to the FS spot and leave playing LB to the LB’s. Minka excells in a ball hawk position, as shown in his early year with the team.

Yes SIR, by using him as they have been has taken away a lot of his play making. USE the player as they were meant to play. Too much of this “cross-play” on this team. Play the player where they have worked their career to play. B.Jones is another example. I think I’ll draft a gaurd to play center as well…….. why the **** not?

Kind of like scheming against their ability.

Salute the nation

Then put Minkah at FS and Eddie at SS.

either way, the D could cover all the downside at nickel & CB by just this one guy.

I think one of the 3 quality centers will make to pick #51, Jackson-Powers, Frazier or Van Pran. I'm hoping they take a right tackle in round 1 and move Jones to left tackle
The way it is looking is Frazier or Van Prann are the most likely to fall to to 51, Right now some have PJackson-POwers as late rnd 1.
If So I go Mims or Latham rnd 1. 51 ILB Cooper or Trottier and Van Prann or Nugent 84
Fixes our OL to give you a line that will wear you out and an MLB that can cover and play 75% or more snaps
20 Mims UGA
52 ILB Cooper A&M
84 C Van Prann UGA
not intend to go all bulldogs adding that Jones is one too but for certain positions you want to go to a school known for producing the best OL Georgia Wisconson Michigan
TE Iowa CB Penn ST

I think Kahn is a more pro-FA guy as shown since he took over I am hoping he goes hard in FA to fill MLB and sign Devin White the guy plays the same way as the other Devin one we had before injury and is an excellent sideline to sideline solid vs the run, can blitz and easily be asked to cover in our system. The other fa I would add is WR Tyler Boyd some mutual interest has been reported since Jan, he always was hyped when the Bengals came to Pitt maybe he loved playing for Pitt and the stadium that he would want to come and finish his career where it started. It would give us an excellent 5 wide set then if you guys with 4 WR and Muth or Washington to block as standard first down set, then you can mix in Austin.
Boyd is superb in the middle with all those slot shakes
CB Sneed will cost 10-12 mill a year so u must have Peterson and Hwyward as well as if u plan to keep Ribsonson restructured which u dont if u get Boyd but if not then Allan is a great locker room and mentor for Pickens.
20 Kool Aid or his teammate, the Toledo CB is a real wildcard since there is very little film on him playing zone or man.
52 DT/NG Kris Jenkins
84 C Van Prann

not much there for OT in FA unless you can convince Jonah Williams to come here would cost probably 7-11 mill, would req you to cut Cole.

Rookie MLB I am Drooling over is Cooper Aggies looks like the ream deal, seen Trottier could drop to 3rd maybe, I still would re sign Kwon just for coverage and if you get Cooper or Trottier cut Holecomb

I think Kahn is a more pro-FA guy as shown since he took over. I am hoping he goes hard in FA to fill MLB and sign Devin White. The guy plays the same way as the other Devin one we had before injury and is an excellent sideline to sideline solid vs the run, can blitz and easily be asked to cover in our system. The other FA I would add is WR Tyler Boyd some mutual interest has been reported since Jan. He always was hyped when the Bengals came to Pitt, maybe he loved playing for Pitt and the stadium and he would want to come and finish his career where it started. It would give us an excellent 5 wide set then if you guys with 4 WR and Muth or Washington to block as standard first down set, then you can mix in Austin. Boyd is superb in the middle with all those slot shakes.
CB Sneed will cost 10-12 mill a year so you must tweak Peterson and Heyward, and if you plan to keep Robinson restructure which you don't if you get Boyd. But if not then Allen is a great locker room and mentor for Pickens.
@ 20 Kool Aid or his teammate, the Toledo CB is a real wildcard since there is very little film on him playing zone or man.
52 DT/NG Kris Jenkins
84 C Van Prann

not much there for OT in FA unless you can convince Jonah Williams to come here would cost probably 7-11 mill, would require you to cut Cole.

Rookie MLB I am drooling over is Cooper Aggies looks like the real deal, seen Trotter could drop to 3rd maybe, I still would re sign Kwon just for coverage and if you get Cooper or Trottier cut Holcomb.
I don't think they already cut bait on Holecomb. But I could see them fortifying the room.

I think Kahn is a more pro-FA guy as shown since he took over I am hoping he goes hard in FA to fill MLB and sign Devin White the guy plays the same way as the other Devin one we had before injury and is an excellent sideline to sideline solid vs the run, can blitz and easily be asked to cover in our system. The other fa I would add is WR Tyler Boyd some mutual interest has been reported since Jan, he always was hyped when the Bengals came to Pitt maybe he loved playing for Pitt and the stadium that he would want to come and finish his career where it started. It would give us an excellent 5 wide set then if you guys with 4 WR and Muth or Washington to block as standard first down set, then you can mix in Austin.
CB Sneed will cost 10-12 mill a year so u must have Peterson and Hwyward as well as if u plan to keep Ribsonson restructured which u dont if u get Boyd but if not then Allan is a great locker room and mentor for Pickens.
20 Kool Aid or his teammate, the Toledo CB is a real wildcard since there is very little film on him playing zone or man.
52 DT/NG Kris Jenkins
84 C Van Prann

not much there for OT in FA unless you can convince Jonah Williams to come here would cost probably 7-11 mill, would req you to cut Cole.

Rookie MLB I am Drooling over is Cooper Aggies looks like the ream deal, seen Trottier could drop to 3rd maybe, I still would re sign Kwon just for coverage and if you get Cooper or Trottier cut Holecomb
I like Cooper also .. would have to be our number one if we take him..
Personality concern though

The way it is looking is Frazier or Van Prann are the most likely to fall to to 51, Right now some have PJackson-POwers as late rnd 1.
If So I go Mims or Latham rnd 1. 51 ILB Cooper or Trottier and Van Prann or Nugent 84
Fixes our OL to give you a line that will wear you out and an MLB that can cover and play 75% or more snaps
20 Mims UGA
52 ILB Cooper A&M
84 C Van Prann UGA
not intend to go all bulldogs adding that Jones is one too but for certain positions you want to go to a school known for producing the best OL Georgia Wisconson Michigan
TE Iowa CB Penn ST
Would race to the podium in classic Steeler fashion if Van Pran is there at 84
Think it’s questionable he is there at 51

Imo with the way we deploy ILB ya may as well just grab one or two in free agency, we seemed to have plenty of competent guys there until the injury bug bit us hard. I’d have to wager the bug doesn’t decimate ILB and S again like it did last year…was a rare situation to have so much injury to 2 positions

No way I can get out of the first two days without a CB

Would race to the podium in classic Steeler fashion if Van Pran is there at 84
Think it’s questionable he is there at 51

Imo with the way we deploy ILB ya may as well just grab one or two in free agency, we seemed to have plenty of competent guys there until the injury bug bit us hard. I’d have to wager the bug doesn’t decimate ILB and S again like it did last year…was a rare situation to have so much injury to 2 positions

No way I can get out of the first two days without a CB
I think they should address CB in free agency. They have two out the door could be three if they address Peterson's contract. If they double up and draft a CB fine. But I would put CB on my free agency to do list. Along with a veteran QB and then possibly addressing RT or C.

I do not follow as much as I used to, but sign the best Center and CB that they can afford in Free agency. and then use the draft to get the best players

I think they should address CB in free agency. They have two out the door could be three if they address Peterson's contract. If they double up and draft a CB fine. But I would put CB on my free agency to do list. Along with a veteran QB and then possibly addressing RT or C.
I would grab one early in the draft and a free agent. Wallace and PP were well below the line. After Porter Jr. really not much to like in that room, I have hopes for Trice but I’m wouldn’t be pinning the success of the perimeter on hopes if it were me.

We definitely need a vet QB, RT and C too as you stated (or possibly get that C through the draft-there are a few good options imo)

A beast for the middle of the D would be a dream acquisition as well if only we would drop the 2DL sets Mikey loves so much-pipe dream I’m guessing…puff, puff

I'd take a high quality High character big wr in first round so whatever they can do to facilitate that around the rest of roster in FA.

I'd take a high quality High character big wr in first round so whatever they can do to facilitate that around the rest of roster in FA.
Devontez Walker out of NC is 6'3" and fast. He may last to 84, but will certainly be there at 51. C and OT first, maybe NT as well.

Need more picks!!!

Really high on Brian Thomas Jr. He is slated to go around where the Steelers pick and this is a decent WR group at the top IMO. Some would argue their needs are bigger elsewhere and rightfully so. But Thomas has the look of being a formidable force in the NFL.

Thing is the kid is still developing as a WR at 6'4 and slated to run a 4.4 40.

No WR in college football scored more TDs this past season.

Last edited:
Really high on Brian Thomas Jr. He is slated to go around where the Steelers pick and this is a decent WR group at the top IMO. Some would argue their needs are bigger elsewhere and rightfully so. But Thomas has the look of being a formidable force in the NFL.

That works for me. You gotta let DJ walk if you don't trade him. Is this kid character?

That works for me. You gotta let DJ walk if you don't trade him. Is this kid character?
He has a good character no concerns there. You pair him next to Pickens and you have a formidable 1-2 punch. About 60 percent of BTJs TDs came off of go routes. So we are talking stretch the field capable. Whomever you are playing behind C would love that scenario...

Yeah you could let DJ walk or put him in the slot. Always thought with his separation abilities that he would be suited well there...

How is he running screens?
Asking for a friend

Crap, just saw your other post about go routes and heard he is off our board

20 Mims UGA
52 ILB Cooper A&M
84 C Van Prann UGA
TE Iowa CB Penn ST
I wouldn't be against this strategy but I'd really like Frazier or Jackson-Powers but if it fell the way you have it, I think that would be a good haul for the Steelers with their first three picks.

I wouldn't be against this strategy but I'd really like Frazier or Jackson-Powers but if it fell the way you have it, I think that would be a good haul for the Steelers with their first three picks.
Leaning against Mims in 1, with his concerns I would knock him down to 2 before I consider touching him.

Leaning against Mims in 1, with his concerns I would knock him down to 2 before I consider touching him.
Mims is not going to make it to the 2nd round, let alone pick 52. Hell, he might not even make it to 20, as he is a top 4 OT.

If Mims is there @ 20 AND nobody has taken a C, then I take Mims with 20 and a C with 52 IF any of the top three are left. Otherwise I take JPJ, if he is still on the board @ 20, and the best DL, ILB or CB with #52.

Mims is not going to make it to the 2nd round, let alone pick 52. Hell, he might not even make it to 20, as he is a top 4 OT.

If Mims is there @ 20 AND nobody has taken a C, then I take Mims with 20 and a C with 52 IF any of the top three are left. Otherwise I take JPJ, if he is still on the board @ 20, and the best DL, ILB or CB with #52.
I get that fans would want him the talent is there. Just my personal wants in the draft has always gone back to if they have a strike I knock them down a round ,two two rounds. In the process someone else picks them sobeit.

Now this approach probably should be altered as you don't have to pay these enormous rookie contracts like days of old. Still being right over wrong can swim or sink a season in certain situations.

You really hope to knock those first round picks out of the park.

52 DT/NG Kris Jenkins
84 C Van Prann

Devon White is a huge pass for me. He seriously regressed after his early success... he basically is a slightly better version of Bush the past couple years... i think he was a healthy scratch a game last season...