• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Redrafting the 2022 NFL draft

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Lets say you had a Time Machine and could go back with 100% control of the draft for the Steelers. How do you re-draft it? And lets say for the fun of it you have the option to trade down from 20 to 29 and pick up 94 and 121 with the Chiefs if you want.

#29- Jaquan Brisker S Penn State
In my mock along mock I was back and forth between Brisker and Hill. I took Hill who in very limited play has done “ok” but Brisker up to this point should have been the pick. Has a 70 pff overall rating with a pick and 3 sacks.

#52- George Pickens WR Georgia
We hit at least a triple with this pick. I think with better QB play he would have walked away with OROY. Just circus catch after circus catch coming from him. He does have that deva wr ego otherwise this would be a homerun.

#84- Marcus Jones CB Houston
Coolie can tell us all he told us so. Jones has been decent at CB but his lightning returns really pushes him over the top with this pick.

#94- Dameon Pierce RB Florida
Pierce is grading out at 84.8 for rushing in pff. I know people like to dog on our line but every week they play better and are currently ranked 18th in the NFL. Houston is ranked 29th and Pierce has been balling out behind them.

#121- Tariq Woolen CB Texas San Antonio
With this pick we fixed our inside and outside CB’s spot. 6-4 and runs like the wind. He’s also first in the NFL in interceptions.

#138- Braxton Jones OT Southern Utah
Full disclosure Justin Fields feet help make Jones look a little better than advertised. But in 809 snaps at LT has only given up 5 sacks. Not too shabby.

#208- James Houston Edge Jackson State
Guy only has 34 NFL snaps. 34. He also has 4 sacks and 7 pressures. I like Connor but we definitely aren’t using him much so getting a guy who is probably better suited for a 3-4 OLB and knowing Watt’s health this last season I get a guy who probably helps fill that void.

#225- Thayer Munford T Ohio State
Played 300+ snaps and has a 69 pass blocking rating. Only 56 for run blocking which is the flip of what I would expect. But a good depth piece at RT and I believe I had him going to us in my mock along mock.

#238- Brock Purdy QB Iowa State
As I stated before this was a very weak QB class. Purdy in his short time has shown to be the best of the bunch but as of now only Pickett and Willis has had any significant amount of playing time. I see Ridder will start the rest of the way and I’ll be curious to see how he does. My guy was Sam Howell in the 4th but he hasn’t played at all. I will be curious to see what the commanders do with Heinicke. They have to re-sign him but how much does he want vs how much do they want to spend.

What would you do?

Too soon and pointless to do this thought process right now… lets save this for four or five years down the line

Too soon and pointless to do this thought process right now… lets save this for four or five years down the line
It’s the off-season for us. If you don’t want to participate I totally understand but why comment then? Something is going on with this board that I really don’t understand. Maybe because we are having our first crap season in the last two decades but just the disdain is getting overwhelming. I have already put Slashsteel, Topseed and Blitz on ignore because I just can’t stand their abhorrent comments. It is like they were going out of their way to start arguments. So please if you don’t agree with something I post, please give me an intelligent response and I’ll be happy to respond. If you don’t like my post and don’t want to participate then just move on.

Sorry for the long rant and you didn’t attack so I thank you for that. It’s just getting harder to try to keep this board active while trying to keep people engaged without arguing.

Lets say you had a Time Machine and could go back with 100% control of the draft for the Steelers. How do you re-draft it? And lets say for the fun of it you have the option to trade down from 20 to 29 and pick up 94 and 121 with the Chiefs if you want.

In my mock along mock I was back and forth between Brisker and Hill. I took Hill who in very limited play has done “ok” but Brisker up to this point should have been the pick. Has a 70 pff overall rating with a pick and 3 sacks.

We hit at least a triple with this pick. I think with better QB play he would have walked away with OROY. Just circus catch after circus catch coming from him. He does have that deva wr ego otherwise this would be a homerun.

Coolie can tell us all he told us so. Jones has been decent at CB but his lightning returns really pushes him over the top with this pick.

Pierce is grading out at 84.8 for rushing in pff. I know people like to dog on our line but every week they play better and are currently ranked 18th in the NFL. Houston is ranked 29th and Pierce has been balling out behind them.

With this pick we fixed our inside and outside CB’s spot. 6-4 and runs like the wind. He’s also first in the NFL in interceptions.

Full disclosure Justin Fields feet help make Jones look a little better than advertised. But in 809 snaps at LT has only given up 5 sacks. Not too shabby.

Guy only has 34 NFL snaps. 34. He also has 4 sacks and 7 pressures. I like Connor but we definitely aren’t using him much so getting a guy who is probably better suited for a 3-4 OLB and knowing Watt’s health this last season I get a guy who probably helps fill that void.

Played 300+ snaps and has a 69 pass blocking rating. Only 56 for run blocking which is the flip of what I would expect. But a good depth piece at RT and I believe I had him going to us in my mock along mock.

As I stated before this was a very weak QB class. Purdy in his short time has shown to be the best of the bunch but as of now only Pickett and Willis has had any significant amount of playing time. I see Ridder will start the rest of the way and I’ll be curious to see how he does. My guy was Sam Howell in the 4th but he hasn’t played at all. I will be curious to see what the commanders do with Heinicke. They have to re-sign him but how much does he want vs how much do they want to spend.

What would you do?

I'd try to go heavier on "TRENCH" workers, but that is my motto. Win the trench, more likely to win the game.

Salute the nation

It’s the off-season for us. If you don’t want to participate I totally understand but why comment then? Something is going on with this board that I really don’t understand. Maybe because we are having our first crap season in the last two decades but just the disdain is getting overwhelming. I have already put Slashsteel, Topseed and Blitz on ignore because I just can’t stand their abhorrent comments. It is like they were going out of their way to start arguments. So please if you don’t agree with something I post, please give me an intelligent response and I’ll be happy to respond. If you don’t like my post and don’t want to participate then just move on.

Sorry for the long rant and you didn’t attack so I thank you for that. It’s just getting harder to try to keep this board active while trying to keep people engaged without arguing.
Totally fair .. lol

Go **** yourself.

I only attack trolls. You are not a troll. I certainly apologize if me saying "coach" to a redrafting thread before the season is over is considered an attack

I'd try to go heavier on "TRENCH" workers, but that is my motto. Win the trench, more likely to win the game.

Salute the nation
💯 I honestly wasn’t expecting Braxton Jones to do much after watching him at the senior bowl get his lunch stolen on every snap. But so far this year I would start him over Moore. And Munford was a road grading RT or possibly guard I thought would go early on day 3. But he has actually been impressive in pass pro and not so great in run blocking. Hindsight is 20/20.

Patch Adams has turned into cooch 2 yes. Chest out , he is always right, and agenda. Posting a redraft so he could exclude Pickett. No need to apologize to the tool.

agree redrafts should be seen 3 years after. Now, could we check out 2020?
1st round: traded for Minkah. That's a win in my book
2nd round: Claypool, WR, we could have gotten Hurts or Dobbins. Raw talent that lacks effort in my opinion.
3rd Round: given to the broncos in the infamous bush catastrophe.
3rd Round Comp: Highsmith, OLB, great value
4th round.1: McFarland, RB, what a waste that was, never saw it coming either. Center Biadasz was available,
4th round.2: Dotson, who has turned from underdog to the doghouse back to the starting spot but underperfoming. Somehow he regressed after securing the starting spot.
5th round: no one
6th round: Brooks, S. Who?
7th round: Carlos Davis DT, decent value.

agree redrafts should be seen 3 years after. Now, could we check out 2020?
1st round: traded for Minkah. That's a win in my book
2nd round: Claypool, WR, we could have gotten Hurts or Dobbins. Raw talent that lacks effort in my opinion.
3rd Round: given to the broncos in the infamous bush catastrophe.
3rd Round Comp: Highsmith, OLB, great value
4th round.1: McFarland, RB, what a waste that was, never saw it coming either. Center Biadasz was available,
4th round.2: Dotson, who has turned from underdog to the doghouse back to the starting spot but underperforming. Somehow he regressed after securing the starting spot.
5th round: no one
6th round: Brooks, S. Who?
7th round: Carlos Davis DT, decent value.
I think BigDot has had moments but definitely inconsistent. Claypool looked very impressive in his rookie year, his regression still puzzles me. Highsmith looks good one second then disappears rye next. Still he has had a solid season no complaints overall there

I think BigDot has had moments but definitely inconsistent. Claypool looked very impressive in his rookie year, his regression still puzzles me. Highsmith looks good one second then disappears rye next. Still he has had a solid season no complaints overall there
But Claypool can turn into a great dlineman or olineman next year

Yeah it is three people not you tool. Something is going on, people are starting to see how much of a tool you are. Plenty of people give you an intelligent response Patch. It just doesn't fit your agenda so they are stupid.

No worries as time goes on more will see your twatwaffing ways. Then you can snowflake them on ignore too.😅

What would you do?
Would Pickens really be there in round 2? Especially that late?

If Pickett pans out he is worth the rest of that draft all together. Its a qb league. Give it sone time..

Hey Coolie,You probably noticed the Bills cut Marquez Stevenson.....I just noticed the Browns claimed him.
When the Bills cut him I was hoping we would pick him up for a look see,especially for the return game. Was surprised he got cut in the first place.
for the record

I would never make an "I told you so post"

even when I was obviously right....

only douchebags do that...

Hey Coolie,You probably noticed the Bills cut Marquez Stevenson.....I just noticed the Browns claimed him.
When the Bills cut him I was hoping we would pick him up for a look see,especially for the return game. Was surprised he got cut in the first place.
I had not noticed that

he spent so much time on the injured list I am not surprised he was cut, especially since they are pretty solid at the WR spots.

He would have been a nice pickup

great speed and hands