• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Redskins lose their trademark

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
All these people that are offended, by anything, must have never gotten a participation ribbon for anything they lost at.

**** the pc bullshit.

Im a stupid, sheep *******, cracker, honky, Supe ******* ******.

I'm alright with that.
OUR country is a giant seeping VAGINA!

**** everyone!

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
If Native Americans really found it offensive, i would be in favor of a name change, but all polls show the overwhelming majority of them either don't find it offensive or actually like it.

What bothers me about PC is we skip over the step of determining truth. You even see this now in food. You have people now trained to not eat fat, or as little as possible. The problem is the body needs fat.

What happens is now with social media and the mainstream media being so incompetent all it takes is a small group to make a big noise and force through an agenda.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Don't really care... on one hand the Redskins former owner was one of the greatest advocates of real racism in recent history, so anything to damage his legacy is fine in my book, on the other hand it is kind of irrelevant... I don't hear people ready to force the fighting Irish to change, despite invoking a far more stereotypical image of a group... I mean naming a team the Steelers is supposedly a tribute to steelworkers. Rational people just don't give a **** about this stuff...

Rod Farva

Reaction score
If Native Americans really found it offensive, i would be in favor of a name change, but all polls show the overwhelming majority of them either don't find it offensive or actually like it.

What bothers me about PC is we skip over the step of determining truth. You even see this now in food. You have people now trained to not eat fat, or as little as possible. The problem is the body needs fat.

What happens is now with social media and the mainstream media being so incompetent all it takes is a small group to make a big noise and force through an agenda.

So then....reason and moderation are good things? Hmmmm....interesting concept.

Rational people just don't give a **** about this stuff...

I'd be happy just to have the time to care about this **** and the other minutiae some seem to obsess over.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
My HS's mascot is the Chiefs. We were named such because there was a Chief McIntosh who helped the Americans fight against the Indians in one of the early wars. It's to honor him. Is that racist?

My husband's HS in Cali used to be the Indians....to honor the local tribe that lives nearby. PC police stepped in, said change the name AND the school colors (to eradicate any trace of the former mascot)...and are now the Knights.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
It's a slippery slope. Then they'll go after The Vikings, Blackhawks, Canadians, Canucks, Celtics, Aztecs, Spartans, Quakers, Seminoles, Dutchmen, and the Fighting Irish. Teams will only be allowed to be named after animals, not anything remotely ethnic.

Let's say they rename the KC Chiefs as the KC Chickadees. How do we know, deep in our hearts, that this won't be offensive to the chickadees in a generation? It is easily predictable that we'll be able to communicate with the little birdies soon (like the good folks who now speak to trees), so we really should be more mindful as we evolve.

What about the KC Craters? Empty holes will never complain.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
It's a slippery slope. Then they'll go after The Vikings, Blackhawks, Canadians, Canucks, Celtics, Aztecs, Spartans, Quakers, Seminoles, Dutchmen, and the Fighting Irish. Teams will only be allowed to be named after animals, not anything remotely ethnic.

We should all gather around in a circle and sit "criss-cross applesauce" and talk it over.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let's say they rename the KC Chiefs as the KC Chickadees. How do we know, deep in our hearts, that this won't be offensive to the chickadees in a generation? It is easily predictable that we'll be able to communicate with the little birdies soon (like the good folks who now speak to trees), so we really should be more mindful as we evolve.

PETA will let us know which animals are offended.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score

Better run it by Polohontas and make sure it's ok.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...lanning-9-billion-lawsuit-against-the-indians

“We're going to be asking for $9 billion and we're basing it on a hundred years of disparity, racism, exploitation and profiteering,” Roche told WEWS-TV. “It's been offensive since day one. We are not mascots. My children are not mascots. We are people.”

Haha. Open the floodgates. I demand reparations for the fighting Irish mascot! I need $100M for my pain and suffering!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...lanning-9-billion-lawsuit-against-the-indians

“We're going to be asking for $9 billion and we're basing it on a hundred years of disparity, racism, exploitation and profiteering,” Roche told WEWS-TV. “It's been offensive since day one. We are not mascots. My children are not mascots. We are people.”

Haha. Open the floodgates. I demand reparations for the fighting Irish mascot! I need $100M for my pain and suffering!

My people have been way more repressed. We haven't even been mentioned, it is so bad. Damn, even the Roma gypsies get more coverage. Who can I sue?