• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: Melvin Ingram Doesn’t Travel With Team

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It was reported just hours before the Pittsburgh Steelers divisional matchup with the Cleveland Browns that OLB Melvin Ingram didn’t travel with the team. It was first reported by Kimberley Martin of ESPN.

For those wondering… I’m told #Steelers LB Melvin Ingram (who is OUT) did not travel to Cleveland with the team

— KimberLEY A. Martin (@ByKimberleyA) October 31, 2021

It was already known that Ingram was out for this matchup with a groin injury, but he was still expected to travel.

During the team’s bye week, Ingram reportedly requested a trade due to being unhappy with his current role and limited playing time.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

If Taco gets some reps and looks OK, I think Ingram is gone. I still wouldn't trade him unless we get better than a 5th which would be crazy for another team to give up for him.

Best of luck on your next team.

🤙

Last edited:
Taco didn't play so I doubt they get rid of Ingram but Gentry and Muuuth played well. Ebron may be gone.
Taco did play. In fact he was in on the Landry fumble. Either he or Shoebert. He also cleaned up on a TFL play. He’s wearing Bince’s 98.

Yup, he played, and I thought he played well considering the limited snaps and time he's been on the team. Applied pressure on one play, held the edge against the run.

Taco didn't play so I doubt they get rid of Ingram but Gentry and Muuuth played well. Ebron may be gone.
Is Rader (sp) still on the practice squad? They like to have 3 TEs; even if one doesn't play.

Taco did play. In fact he was in on the Landry fumble. Either he or Shoebert. He also cleaned up on a TFL play. He’s wearing Bince’s 98.
Good. I completely missed him in there. I kept looking and only saw Tuszka who actually looks better than you would think for a guy coming out of nowhere this year. Is'm hoping Taco can blossom late like Bud did and we can end up with a great DE/OLB out of the pickup.

Is Rader (sp) still on the practice squad? They like to have 3 TEs; even if one doesn't play.
I'm not sure but they will definitely want at least a 3rd TE. They usually dress 3 since they play 2 TE's a good bit.

Hard to understand but seeing how Tomlin has been he will let him fall away.. Surprised he doe not do the same to Washington. Our defense needs players with Tuitt no where to be seen, pat him on the back give him a bone let him play hell take Bush out and play Melvin

I would try to move them both. Don't like the not traveling with the team ****. And Ebron is already being phased out. I would try to get a WR or a run stuffing DE or a 3rd or 4th. Happy with either..

Hard to understand but seeing how Tomlin has been he will let him fall away.. Surprised he doe not do the same to Washington. Our defense needs players with Tuitt no where to be seen, pat him on the back give him a bone let him play hell take Bush out and play Melvin
**** Ingram. He is a *****.

Taco Did play

What i would like to know is what Olsavsky and Butler are saying to Tomlin after todays game.. 1. Meh, charlton and the other guy can do the job just as well. 2. Dont you dare ket Ingram walk, we need him.

Last edited:
That's a ***** move.

Yes, I'm surprised he wasn't called up. But we rarely use 3 TE sets. Though good to have the 3rd if something happened to Muth or Gentry. Wow is Gentry developing nicely as a TE3 and will be a very serviceable TE2 next year. Limiting our need to draft another one!