• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: NFL covered up facts regarding Deflategate that might have exonerated Tom Brady, Patriots

And magically the tapes were burned and tge audio equipment disappeared… plus the nfl pushed hard to get congress to back off their investigation…
And that said I really don’t care. None of this impacts me or my life in anyway. The only lesson learned in all this you play dirty to get to the top. That’s any business

And that said I really don’t care. None of this impacts me or my life in anyway. The only lesson learned in all this you play dirty to get to the top. That’s any business
Nice guys finish in second place… not last like everyone says, but definitely behind the cheating dicks…

Reactions: MTC
Agreed. At one time I would get worked up over it all...but then realizing the Rooney's were on board with the burning of the tapes and the moving on changed my outlook on it all. As a fan, I thought they(Rooney's) owed us to get to the bottom of it all. In the end, the Rooney's went along with it all for the good of the game and their wallets. I can't blame them. That doesn't mean I like it though.

Bottom line is the ONLY things covered up where the things that explained and proved their ******* cheating asshat ways.

Salute the nation
That’s all that it proves. I say all 31 teams follow suit with same tactics. Then it evens the strategy field and it stems to my 11 vs your 11 men.

But of course other factors like refs dictating penalties, reviews.

Also who is to say if an owner doesn’t like another owner and rats one out. It’s all a “hmmm” type of ordeal

That’s all that it proves. I say all 31 teams follow suit with same tactics. Then it evens the strategy field and it stems to my 11 vs your 11 men.

But of course other factors like refs dictating penalties, reviews.

Also who is to say if an owner doesn’t like another owner and rats one out. It’s all a “hmmm” type of ordeal
I never want the Steelers to take that approach. Even if I knew it would bring a trophy. No once bill-acheat retires things get back to managing without the extreme. Hell it might be that now with Ernie out of the picture. For me it is enough when the parties involved are gone. So far two out of three ain't bad.

🤓

What's the total value of the NFL? Probably at least near a TRILLION.

That's your answer. Ain't nobody going to kill the golden goose.

All of your comments are probably right.

Still, I hate it, and it took me from being a huge fan, to a guy who sometimes watches Steelers games.

In a way I feel robbed.

I never want the Steelers to take that approach. Even if I knew it would bring a trophy. No once bill-acheat retires things get back to managing without the extreme. Hell it might be that now with Ernie out of the picture. For me it is enough when the parties involved are gone. So far two out of three ain't bad.

🤓
Belicheat was a good defensive coordinator. Part of the confounding thing is he probably could have had some success had he not gone the route he did. He started some of it trying to salvage the Cleveland job, but he just went way to far in 2001 then expanded it from there

Do not believe one word of it. Those two ball boys would have never given up a job they had to mess with the footballs on their own

🤓
I admire your thinking Slash, but anything at that level is not pure. I don’t hold that sentimental outlook of doing things the “honorable” way in pro sports or just at the major corporate level in general. There is far too much money, egos and marketing to push for these companies.

It’s naive to think the Steelers don’t employ some sketchy tactics of their own. All 32 teams do it, just some are better at it than others. Some get caught as well - ex. Patsies

All of your comments are probably right.

Still, I hate it, and it took me from being a huge fan, to a guy who sometimes watches Steelers games.

In a way I feel robbed.
It’s meh to me.

I’m a fan but not a fan that’s going to scream and stress at the tv, knowing full well in the back of my mind it’s my frustrations in life being channeled through a sports team.

I’ve come to terms a long time ago realistically the “impact” I have. Sure I have my annoyances with some teams and individual coaches, players. But like we say it’s alll entertainment

I admire your thinking Slash, but anything at that level is not pure. I don’t hold that sentimental outlook of doing things the “honorable” way in pro sports or just at the major corporate level in general. There is far too much money, egos and marketing to push for these companies.

It’s naive to think the Steelers don’t employ some sketchy tactics of their own. All 32 teams do it, just some are better at it than others. Some get caught as well - ex. Patsies
If it is sketchy within the rules so be it. If it is sketchy outside of the rules that is a different matter. I don't know the ratio to that nobody does. But I seriously doubt every team is breaking the rules. I don't think there is one that has taken it to the cheatriot level. Nothing I have ever heard of or saw has made me think that. The statistics in their cheating hay day doesn't support that anyone else was that extreme. Nothing minimizes their extreme inappropriate actions.

Agreed. At one time I would get worked up over it all...but then realizing the Rooney's were on board with the burning of the tapes and the moving on changed my outlook on it all. As a fan, I thought they(Rooney's) owed us to get to the bottom of it all. In the end, the Rooney's went along with it all for the good of the game and their wallets. I can't blame them. That doesn't mean I like it though.
Dan Rooney was extremely upset with Goodell’s handling of the “probe/conclusion“ and was one of the four principal owners who privately told him so. Mara, Hunt, Wilson all expressed astonishment to Goodell actions and that because of them he alone could jeopardize the league‘s AT exemption. (new owner of NYJ Woody Johnson also was pissed, since Belichick never allowed Johnson’s management team to meet him regarding Leon Hess’s promise). After all the internal discussions revealed how those actions were on the behest of Kraft, various other principal owners, like Richardson, Davis and Jerry Jones were livid as well citing Roger was giving preferential treatment to his longtime buddy. It all hit the fan once Congress couldn’t ignore the media circus the New York Times and Boston Herald was putting on it. At that time, the League AND NFLPA all downplayed the incident for the benefit of the league itself as Senator Spector had asked Goodell to appear before a senate hearing since he stated to reporters taping had occurred retroactive to 2000. Spector wanted an explanation as to why this was ignored, and the tapes destroyed. Congress ended their purview but indirectly noted, they would keep watch.

The owners didn’t want a repeat as to what happened to MLB with the steroid scandal. They saw how the public reacted in boycotting for several years. At the time Mangini accused NE of cheating, the league was in a barfight lawsuit with Comcast/Cable distributors regarding having NFL Network not having access like ESPN on their general base packages. They knew any further negatives to the NFL could impact fans and drive them away.

Now several years later after the IND game where balls were deflated, and Marcia’s refusal to cooperate and Kraft employees going absent, the owners pushed the commissioner to appropriately punish Kraft and Brady, since Belichick was being protected by Kraft. It wasn’t a suggestion, but rather a directive.

Anti-Trust exemption is what makes the League work better than any other Sports League (with true parity) because the stupidity of one franchise can impact all the others. That’s why Al Davis had such a contentious relationship with Pete Rozzelle. He had no favorites, the League was the end product.

Not doubting your insights here, Ike, but if they really took the "Let it go for the good of the league" stance, they would probably say something like "We will over look the past offenses, but any future stuff ain't happening." They didn't. They continued to look away as it continued. And, continued. It's beyond the pale. No way this should have been allowed.

I still can't get away from two things about the cheatriots. Firstly, someone, some day will speak up, and the dam will break. I really want this to happen. I can't wait.

Secondly, the league will someday have to seriously look into stripping the trophies from those cheats. At least some of them. This is going to be the only way to rescue the league in the eye of a huge chunk of the fan base, IMO.

While I think that some will rat out the cheating someday, and some news outlet will run with it to the point that the rest of them have to join in the feeding frenzy, I do not think the league will have the integrity to strip the cheats of the trophies.

Dan Rooney was extremely upset with Goodell’s handling of the “probe/conclusion“ and was one of the four principal owners who privately told him so. Mara, Hunt, Wilson all expressed astonishment to Goodell actions and that because of them he alone could jeopardize the league‘s AT exemption. (new owner of NYJ Woody Johnson also was pissed, since Belichick never allowed Johnson’s management team to meet him regarding Leon Hess’s promise). After all the internal discussions revealed how those actions were on the behest of Kraft, various other principal owners, like Richardson, Davis and Jerry Jones were livid as well citing Roger was giving preferential treatment to his longtime buddy. It all hit the fan once Congress couldn’t ignore the media circus the New York Times and Boston Herald was putting on it. At that time, the League AND NFLPA all downplayed the incident for the benefit of the league itself as Senator Spector had asked Goodell to appear before a senate hearing since he stated to reporters taping had occurred retroactive to 2000. Spector wanted an explanation as to why this was ignored, and the tapes destroyed. Congress ended their purview but indirectly noted, they would keep watch.

The owners didn’t want a repeat as to what happened to MLB with the steroid scandal. They saw how the public reacted in boycotting for several years. At the time Mangini accused NE of cheating, the league was in a barfight lawsuit with Comcast/Cable distributors regarding having NFL Network not having access like ESPN on their general base packages. They knew any further negatives to the NFL could impact fans and drive them away.

Now several years later after the IND game where balls were deflated, and Marcia’s refusal to cooperate and Kraft employees going absent, the owners pushed the commissioner to appropriately punish Kraft and Brady, since Belichick was being protected by Kraft. It wasn’t a suggestion, but rather a directive.

Anti-Trust exemption is what makes the League work better than any other Sports League (with true parity) because the stupidity of one franchise can impact all the others. That’s why Al Davis had such a contentious relationship with Pete Rozzelle. He had no favorites, the League was the end product.
Agreed....The Rooney's chose MONEY in the end for the betterment of the league. The HELL with the fan.

If it is sketchy within the rules so be it. If it is sketchy outside of the rules that is a different matter. I don't know the ratio to that nobody does. But I seriously doubt every team is breaking the rules. I don't think there is one that has taken it to the cheatriot level. Nothing I have ever heard of or saw has made me think that. The statistics in their cheating hay day doesn't support that anyone else was that extreme. Nothing minimizes their extreme inappropriate actions.
If it’s sketchy outside the rules and all teams do it. It’s not really cheating since it levels the field.

It’s a win at all cost league. The pats got caught but they went with the win at all cost. In a league that’s cut throat and unforgiving you have to give the pats a taste of their own medicine.

The nfl deems it their goldne goose though. I’m just a fan. Nothing much I can do

*Golden goose lol. Hit the peyote there

If it’s sketchy outside the rules and all teams do it. It’s not really cheating since it levels the field.

It’s a win at all cost league. The pats got caught but they went with the win at all cost. In a league that’s cut throat and unforgiving you have to give the pats a taste of their own medicine.

The nfl deems it their goldne goose though. I’m just a fan. Nothing much I can do
I just don't buy into sketchy outside of the rules hypothesis. Not sure your thought approach with that what makes you think that. Everything I talked about is backed up by one team being caught and punished repetitively. That really is all we can lay our hat on. 😉

I just don't buy into sketchy outside of the rules hypothesis. Not sure your thought approach with that what makes you think that. Everything I talked about is backed up by one team being caught and punished repetitively. That really is all we can lay our hat on. 😉
Just as many fans don’t buy into the game being rigged hypothesis. When it comes to stuff like sports, music, movies. It’s all perspective and speculation . My perspective is anything that’s a billion dollar corporation is going to have bad ethics and outside influence. Sad reality is these big dollar corporations will exploit the hell out of communities and individuals and often disguise their bad ethics with some positive promotion.

And I’m fine with that. We have way too many luxuries and it puts in perspective just how much we should be thankful for - Whatever promotes entertainment and keeps people sane. Let the masses be entertained. If the strings behind the play are sketchy ethics. Well let me be sheep and be oblivious and continue to think the game is pure. I don’t want to know anything beyond that. If it all comes out as rigged. So be it. I can drop football easily if I wanted.

Looking at in a black and white approach and putting the bias aside. They got caught, they got punished. Those are facts. End of story. Label them a cheater.

But if they continued to win after getting punished. This is what I mean by post spygate; I don’t care about deflated footballs. The possibility of turnovers and freak injuries which can derail a season is still there. They continued to win after getting punished. They did their time. And again take that as whatever that means to you.

The bullshit I hate the most is BB crying ignorance or misunderstanding all the time.

This guy is known for absolutely knowing everything that’s going on with his team.. he knows tge rules inside and out perfectly at all times.. well i mean somehow with the exception of these giant issues…
BB gets all the credit for being so in control but utterly skates on the majority of things that go bad or are illegal with the Pats….

He should have been banned from the league after spygate…

The bullshit I hate the most is BB crying ignorance or misunderstanding all the time.

True, but it wouldn't have been enough, IMO. They lost the respect of a lot of fans. They did nothing to recoup that. So, they stay at the low end of respect and passion. It's their choice.

This guy is known for absolutely knowing everything that’s going on with his team.. he knows tge rules inside and out perfectly at all times.. well i mean somehow with the exception of these giant issues…
BB gets all the credit for being so in control but utterly skates on the majority of things that go bad or are illegal with the Pats….

It’s BB. The guy is egotistical.

Better yet, that ****** has no personality what so ever. Watching paint is more entertaining than that ****.

It’s BB. The guy is egotistical.

Better yet, that ****** has no personality what so ever. Watching paint is more entertaining than that ****.
Neither of which require zero integrity. But, that's who he is.

Neither of which require zero integrity. But, that's who he is.
He’s boring as hell. I bet you could pump a gallon of russian made vodka in his arse and he’d still be sober