• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report: NFL covered up facts regarding Deflategate that might have exonerated Tom Brady, Patriots

Just as many fans don’t buy into the game being rigged hypothesis. When it comes to stuff like sports, music, movies. It’s all perspective and speculation . My perspective is anything that’s a billion dollar corporation is going to have bad ethics and outside influence. Sad reality is these big dollar corporations will exploit the hell out of communities and individuals and often disguise their bad ethics with some positive promotion.

And I’m fine with that. We have way too many luxuries and it puts in perspective just how much we should be thankful for - Whatever promotes entertainment and keeps people sane. Let the masses be entertained. If the strings behind the play are sketchy ethics. Well let me be sheep and be oblivious and continue to think the game is pure. I don’t want to know anything beyond that. If it all comes out as rigged. So be it. I can drop football easily if I wanted.

Looking at in a black and white approach and putting the bias aside. They got caught, they got punished. Those are facts. End of story. Label them a cheater.

But if they continued to win after getting punished. This is what I mean by post spygate; I don’t care about deflated footballs. The possibility of turnovers and freak injuries which can derail a season is still there. They continued to win after getting punished. They did their time. And again take that as whatever that means to you.
They did their time... Did they ? They were just caught recently taping again. Before Ernie retired. I don't think getting slapped on the wrist and then the NFL burying **** because of worrying about their image equates to doing their time. Doing their time would have been kicking bill-acheat out of the league. I don't buy into the league being rigged either. Only thing I buy into is one twatwaffling team going to extreme to gain an unfair advantage. He may have stopped he might still be cheating who knows. We don't. Not when an incident just happened yet again. Which goes into my happiness for when he is out of the league.

Not all of it is speculation by the way. What isn't speculation is all the documented infractions. And I am not even including deflategate.

No other indepth documentation exists in the NFL for any other team. Remotely even close.

They did their time... Did they ? They were just caught recently taping again. Before Ernie retired. I don't think getting slapped on the wrist and then the NFL burying **** because of worrying about their image equates to doing their time. Doing their time would have been kicking bill-acheat out of the league. I don't buy into the league being rigged either. Only thing I buy into is one twatwaffling team going to extreme to gain an unfair advantage. He may have stopped he might still be cheating who knows. We don't. Not when an incident just happened yet again. Which goes into my happiness for when he is out of the league.

Not all of it is speculation by the way. What isn't speculation is all the documented infractions. And I am not even including deflategate.

No other indepth documentation exists in the NFL for any other team. Remotely even close.
And blame the owners for the slap on the wrist. I’m just a fan lol.

And I’d wager the pats still are cheating. Sometimes the on field players just make better decisions when under pressure. Brady vs Mac Jones for example.

I’m talking about it being speculation now. What happened in the past. They got caught. The nfl punished them accordingly. It’s all water under the bridge now

And blame the owners for the slap on the wrist. I’m just a fan lol.

And I’d wager the pats still are cheating. Sometimes the on-field players just make better decisions when under pressure. Brady vs Mac Jones for example.

I’m talking about it being speculation now. What happened in the past. They got caught. The nfl punished them accordingly. It’s all water under the bridge now

but it not water under the bridge. they got caught paid a slap on the wrist fine, was warned that if anything else happened BB would be termed. they got caught again and again and nothing. this is the whole reason I dont watch football other than Steeler games. I recall taping random games and watching all of them during the week now? **** no.

It is complete and total BS that they continuously cheat, continuously get caught and nothing. what have they done over the years that they haven't been caught at? but it is just business as usual.

but it not water under the bridge. they got caught paid a slap on the wrist fine, was warned that if anything else happened BB would be termed. they got caught again and again and nothing. this is the whole reason I dont watch football other than Steeler games. I recall taping random games and watching all of them during the week now? **** no.

It is complete and total BS that they continuously cheat, continuously get caught and nothing. what have they done over the years that they haven't been caught at? but it is just business as usual.
And again. I’m just a fan. I have no control over what punishment was served etc. I only watch the Steelers here too, but it’s not necessarily a priority.

Money changes stuff. I watch for entertainment and that’s it. If the Steelers win, cool. If they lose. No biggie.

As long as this board can go as long as possible. That’s all I care about.

And again. I’m just a fan. I have no control over what punishment was served etc. I only watch the Steelers here too, but it’s not necessarily a priority.

Money changes stuff. I watch for entertainment and that’s it. If the Steelers win, cool. If they lose. No biggie.

As long as this board can go as long as possible. That’s all I care about.

like an old super bowl ad. I love you man.......

Not doubting your insights here, Ike, but if they really took the "Let it go for the good of the league" stance, they would probably say something like "We will over look the past offenses, but any future stuff ain't happening." They didn't. They continued to look away as it continued. And, continued. It's beyond the pale. No way this should have been allowed.

I still can't get away from two things about the cheatriots. Firstly, someone, some day will speak up, and the dam will break. I really want this to happen. I can't wait.

Secondly, the league will someday have to seriously look into stripping the trophies from those cheats. At least some of them. This is going to be the only way to rescue the league in the eye of a huge chunk of the fan base, IMO.

While I think that some will rat out the cheating someday, and some news outlet will run with it to the point that the rest of them have to join in the feeding frenzy, I do not think the league will have the integrity to strip the cheats of the trophies.
Thanks DJ. I’m not doubting some owners could have cared less, ie, the new money folks. However, “old guard owners“ who were instrumental in merging both the NFL and AFL to have a superior product (without notifying either commissioner Rozzell and Al Davis) couldn’t believe after just appointing Goodell as commissioner he would do something as ignorant as destroying evidence, which is what caused the eyebrows to be raise outside of the League circles. Goodell was already in hot water with the NFLPA and fans after issuing suspensions and fines from his new Player Conduct Policy without oversight. I recall Mortenson, King and others commenting on the radio, that a majority of owners wanted Belichick suspended and the franchise docked high draft picks for at least three years because of the “acknowledged” evidence regardless. All of this speculation from the owners was just that, because discussions were behind doors and off the record. They were definitely concerned about the image of the League…..1919 Black Sox concerned. But losing their AT exempt status would have turned pro football like MLB‘s the haves and have nots and collapsed the league.

Agreed....The Rooney's chose MONEY in the end for the betterment of the league. The HELL with the fan.
Stillwright, football is a business, not a non-profit. You know that and definitely are not naïve to even not acknowledge it. What would the teams do refund the fans? I believe there is enough historical evidence that the Chief, Dan and now Art2 run a model franchise for the league. There will always be the Jones, Snyder’s, Davis and Ross’s.

You nailed it. I just want to add that it's not water under the bridge for the teams who got screwed - Us, Rams, probably more.

Not doubting your insights here, Ike, but if they really took the "Let it go for the good of the league" stance, they would probably say something like "We will over look the past offenses, but any future stuff ain't happening." They didn't. They continued to look away as it continued. And, continued. It's beyond the pale. No way this should have been allowed.

I still can't get away from two things about the cheatriots. Firstly, someone, some day will speak up, and the dam will break. I really want this to happen. I can't wait.

Secondly, the league will someday have to seriously look into stripping the trophies from those cheats. At least some of them. This is going to be the only way to rescue the league in the eye of a huge chunk of the fan base, IMO.

While I think that some will rat out the cheating someday, and some news outlet will run with it to the point that the rest of them have to join in the feeding frenzy, I do not think the league will have the integrity to strip the cheats of the trophies.
Thank you! That’s what I’ve been saying. They continued to look away and allowed it to happen. So they are at fault.

I think the hardcore fan base is being phased out. But it’s also just a change of generational times. It’s whatever

Thank you! That’s what I’ve been saying. They continued to look away and allowed it to happen. So they are at fault.

I think the hardcore fan base is being phased out. But it’s also just a change of generational times. It’s whatever
Right. I'm that hardcore fan who is phased out. I will always love my Steelers. Just won't watch much, and really nothing else.

Thanks DJ. I’m not doubting some owners could have cared less, ie, the new money folks. However, “old guard owners“ who were instrumental in merging both the NFL and AFL to have a superior product (without notifying either commissioner Rozzell and Al Davis) couldn’t believe after just appointing Goodell as commissioner he would do something as ignorant as destroying evidence, which is what caused the eyebrows to be raise outside of the League circles. Goodell was already in hot water with the NFLPA and fans after issuing suspensions and fines from his new Player Conduct Policy without oversight. I recall Mortenson, King and others commenting on the radio, that a majority of owners wanted Belichick suspended and the franchise docked high draft picks for at least three years because of the “acknowledged” evidence regardless. All of this speculation from the owners was just that, because discussions were behind doors and off the record. They were definitely concerned about the image of the League…..1919 Black Sox concerned. But losing their AT exempt status would have turned pro football like MLB‘s the haves and have nots and collapsed the league.

Stillwright, football is a business, not a non-profit. You know that and definitely are not naïve to even not acknowledge it. What would the teams do refund the fans? I believe there is enough historical evidence that the Chief, Dan and now Art2 run a model franchise for the league. There will always be the Jones, Snyder’s, Davis and Ross’s.
All I am saying is that in the end the Rooney's were more worried about their Money Train than getting to the bottom of the entire cheating by the Pats for the betterment of the league. I already stated numerous times I don't blame them. I personally at that point though simply see the Rooney's like every other ownership in the NFL though. Nothing special. Just looking where their next dollar will be coming from. And again....I can't fault them for that, but damn I surely can be disappointed by it.

You nailed it. I just want to add that it's not water under the bridge for the teams who got screwed - Us, Rams, probably more.
It’s water under the bridge cause it was continued to go on and they looked away. I do think the owners no doubt could’ve thrown the patriots to the curb and expose the franchise to not just the players of the 31 other teams, expose them to the fans. The public would’ve applauded if the owners did that. Instead it’s created a bunch of suspicions and theories

All I am saying is that in the end the Rooney's were more worried about their Money Train than getting to the bottom of the entire cheating by the Pats for the betterment of the league. I already stated numerous times I don't blame them. I personally at that point though simply see the Rooney's like every other ownership in the NFL though. Nothing special. Just looking where their next dollar will be coming from. And again....I can't fault them for that, but damn I surely can be disappointed by it.
It is disappointing.

But agreed. You cannot blame them. The nfl built a product that is ingrained in culture. Gotta give them credit. The nfl knows how to market and build corporate partnerships. It sucks for us who have followed the team for a long time. You guys have decades of fandom. I’m a younger fan and have really only followed since the 90’s.

I think Steeler4evr said it best that the team represented you guys and the culture back then. And it’s and identity so to speak. Just sucks cause once the $$$$ the heart sells out for the pay