• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Robinson vs. Harris

He only checks the ability to run outside well ( Harris does not ) , catch the ball and do something significant with it, offers instant acceleration ( I say its elite and key for a OL that does not hold it blocks like ours ) offers good balance and vision and can out RUN everybody in the first 7, and oh about half the DB's too. He is not a bad power back either.

BIG time upgrade over N Harris. NO WAY does Harris get a big 2nd contract from us. Get the tackle in round two.
Bijan is going to be a good RB. Period.

Najee is ALREADY a good RB.

Care to wager on who has the better production this year???

I don't know who will do better. All I know is it wouod be hard to be a better prospect than Harris coming out. But the Steelers were apparently dumb to take a back.

Sure if you want a back that did not hit many big plays in college or run a 40 yards dash, 10 yard time, 20 yard shuttle , or cone drill at the combine or pro day. Slowpoke Harris is your guy. No way did the two have similar stats. IMO Robison is a top 15 pick. If he is there the Steelers should take him.
Najee
FR 61 attempts 370yds 3 TD 6.1.avg
SO 117 attempts 783 yds 4 TDs 6.7 avg
JR 209 attemps 1224 yds 13 TDs 5.9 avg
sr 251 attemppts 1466 yds 26 TDs 5.8 avg

robinson
FR 86 attempts 703 yds 4 TDs 8.2 avg
SO 195 attempts 1127 yds 11 TDs 5.8 avg
JR 258 attempts 1580 yds 18 TDs 6.1 avg

look pretty similar

except Najee wasa TD machine his senior year

Neither did a hell of a lot as a receiver but were decent enough.....

and most would agree that SEC defenses tend to be better than Big XII defenses overall

Last edited:
Sure if you want a back that did not hit many big plays in college or run a 40 yards dash, 10 yard time, 20 yard shuttle , or cone drill at the combine or pro day. Slowpoke Harris is your guy. No way did the two have similar stats. IMO Robison is a top 15 pick. If he is there the Steelers should take him.
you are the ******** I was referring to

Robinson has the ideal blend of size and speed for a running back. It's also thought he has untapped potential as a receiver out of the backfield. I fully expect Robinson to be better than Harrison because of the speed factor. Harris hasn't proven to be a consistent creator in the NFL and his lack of speed was a concern heading into the NFL. I think that factor has shown up in his two years in the league and one of the reasons I preferred Etienne in the first if I had to take a running back. You want a guy who can take it to the house on any given play in today's NFL. Harris is a grinder and you can find those guys later.

You are a damn fool
Oh
Mmm

Feel the tinfoil with your handssss
(steal the shiny while you can)
Coneman

Speak the blather on your ownnnn
(speak the blather all alone)
Coneman

Coneman, come together with your hands
Save me, from your idiotic stand
Save meeeeee, yeah

Save,

oh

Oh
Mmm

Feel the tinfoil with your handssss
(steal the shiny while you can)
Coneman

Speak the blather on your ownnnn
(speak the blather all alone)
Coneman

Coneman, come together with your hands
Save me, from your idiotic stand
Save meeeeee, yeah

Save,

oh

You could have been a writer for Coach’s “trade for 2 first rounders” rap master.!!!

Salute the nation

The only reason Najee was taken in the first round was the hope he could single handedly fix a stagnant running game to have one last hurrah for Ben. No other reason. Hopefully he has a big year in 2023 and it works out.

I don't dislike Najee. But as others have said we had so many other needs at the time.

The only reason Najee was taken in the first round was the hope he could single handedly fix a stagnant running game to have one last hurrah for Ben. No other reason. Hopefully he has a big year in 2023 and it works out.

I don't dislike Najee. But as others have said we had so many other needs at the time.
And RB was one of those needs.

You are ******* crazy. Go use www.Google.com and look at Najee's highlights.

******* stupid ***...

I know that dim wit. I'm not expecting you to do the work an offer a side by comparisons, but would be interesting. : )

Depending on where Bijan goes, yes.

I know that dim wit. I'm not expecting you to do the work an offer a side by comparisons, but would be interesting. : )
I gave you their stats side by side....no comment on how similar they are?

And RB was one of those needs.
We had Connor and let him walk. We had bigger needs to address with a first round pick than RB. Picking a RB in the first round is a luxury when you have no other holes to fill.

Harris showed some flashes the past 2 years but for a 1st rounder its fair to say he has underwhelmed overall. 4 100 yard games in 2 seasons and 3.9 ypc isn't a stud RB. He is a solid back that can have great performances but also totally disappear for multiple games. Robinson could be a stud or he could be a worldbeater in college and be an average NFL back. Harris is all the proof I need not to want Robinson in the first round. I wouldn't be shocked if Jaylen Warren outperformed Robinson too. We need more Jaylen Warren not another 1st rd gamble at RB.

Will Harris have moreyards from scrimmage than Robinson this year?

I would Bet Robinson has less games with under 50 yds rushing than Harris had (7) his rookie year. Assuming he plays 17 games.
Any takers? loser leaves steelernation