• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Robinson vs. Harris

You know for a fact? How? Bawhahaha. WRONG. No Alabama's OL has been good during Harris tenure. Are you really blaming his blocking in college? You amuse me, sort of like you a clown with yankees hat and dark shades all the time. You only need to invest $5.00 for a rubber clown nose. I use my winnings from our bet and complete the costume if I choose to make it.
You seem really hell bent on Berm's attire. Not normal for one man to fixate on another man unless they are a fruity pie. So if in your spare time you are a sword swallower that is your business. Just like what Berm wears or doesn't wear is his business. Now what we do hold against you is calling anyone a clown when you are a top jester.

For example he watches every Bama game and you watch none of them. I would think he would have a feel on how his teams Oline performs.

Best you sit in the corner STFU and stroke your tin cap, coneman. Because football discussions isn't your strong suit. Perhaps try basket weaving or whatever you fruitcakes like to do.

RB3 may be generous. Najee is the definition of inconsistent, 14 games in 2 seasons with sub 50 yds rushing.

well the game changing route runner had fewer receiving yards and TDs than the plodding workhorse at the college level

hell their total scrimmage yards were damn near identical their last college seasons 1894 for robinson and 1891 for Najee

The big difference is Najee played on a loaded team where he was probably the 4th guy defenses worried about. Bijan was the Texas offense.

2020 Mac Jones completed 77% and had Devonte Smith, Waddle, and Metchie at WR. All averaged over 15 per reception

2022 Texas QB Quinn Ewers missed games and only completed 58%. No Texas WR averaged 15 per reception. But Bijan did average 16.5 per reception. Not his fault Texas didn't use him enough as a receiver.

So Najee is trash because of his pro stats, but that has nothing to do with our pathetic offense right? Nothing to do with teams being able to stack the line because of a passing game that didn't go beyond 7 yards? And then you want to throw out Warren's ypa as if he would maintain that given the number of touches Najee got. Ya'll crack me up.

Najee ran possessed after the bye last year, you know, when he was healthy and the line started to actually move people, and we started to take more shots down field...funny how that happens.

Sleep on Najee, dude is a stud. Don't judge him because Canada is garbage

So Najee is trash because of his pro stats, but that has nothing to do with our pathetic offense right? Nothing to do with teams being able to stack the line because of a passing game that didn't go beyond 7 yards? And then you want to throw out Warren's ypa as if he would maintain that given the number of touches Najee got. Ya'll crack me up.

Najee ran possessed after the bye last year, you know, when he was healthy and the line started to actually move people, and we started to take more shots down field...funny how that happens.

The Steelers didn't draft a running back to run for under 4.0 YPC regardless of the situation. Let's not forget Najee was leaving yards on the table based on the eye tests and advanced stats that support this as well.

My eye test watched him stiff arm players with violence, run through DB's for TD's, catch game winning TD'S the last half of the year. I don't give a rats *** if his ypa was 3.9 and not 4.0.

Dude works hard, stays out of trouble, is a leader in the locker room, and didn't get a whole lot of help the last two years.

Pickett with a full offseason as QB1, the beefed up OL, a better WR room, it's all going to pay dividends that we'll see from Najee.

My eye test watched him stiff arm players with violence, run through DB's for TD's, catch game winning TD'S the last half of the year. I don't give a rats *** if his ypa was 3.9 and not 4.0.

Dude works hard, stays out of trouble, is a leader in the locker room, and didn't get a whole lot of help the last two years.

Pickett with a full offseason as QB1, the beefed up OL, a better WR room, it's all going to pay dividends that we'll see from Najee.
this

You're describing a third-liner in hockey. Yeah, we root for the gritty guys who play hard. The Steelers drafted a running back in the first round. The guy better be a duel threat like CMC, an absolutely monster like Henry, or a stud like Chubb. Harris is a middle-of-the-pack starter after two years. They need better.

You're describing a third-liner in hockey. Yeah, we root for the gritty guys who play hard. The Steelers drafted a running back in the first round. The guy better be a duel threat like CMC, an absolutely monster like Henry, or a stud like Chubb. Harris is a middle-of-the-pack starter after two years. They need better.
He's only middle of the pack due to the offense. Henry was a second round pick that didn't put up numbers until his 4th season. The titans nearly gave up on him. We're talking not cracking 1000 yards until year 3, and that was barely.

Nick Chubb has never caught more than 36 passes in a season.

And CMC has struggled staying healthy his entire career. He hasn't played a full season in 4 years, with the most games at 11 in that time, last year. He was also a top 10 pick, not number 24.

Najee only has two years, over 1000 yards both years. The only steelers RB to ever do that his first two years. He was obviously not 100% the first half of the year, anyone with their eyes open could see that.

He's only middle of the pack due to the offense. Henry was a second round pick that didn't put up numbers until his 4th season. The titans nearly gave up on him. We're talking not cracking 1000 yards until year 3, and that was barely.

Nick Chubb has never caught more than 36 passes in a season.

And CMC has struggled staying healthy his entire career. He hasn't played a full season in 4 years, with the most games at 11 in that time, last year. He was also a top 10 pick, not number 24.

Najee only has two years, over 1000 yards both years. The only steelers RB to ever do that his first two years. He was obviously not 100% the first half of the year, anyone with their eyes open could see that.
17 games and a lot of volume. 1000 yards isn't an impressive accomplishment anymore.

17 games and a lot of volume. 1000 yards isn't an impressive accomplishment anymore.
Even after the bye week, weeks 12-17 Warren averaged 4.7 ypc vs 3.8 for Harris. Warren looked electric, the numbers don't lie, he outplayed Harris all year.
Najee was drafted as 1st round 1st RB off the board. They hyped him up as a Stud, his rookie year he was inconsistent with 7 games under 50 yds rushing and lower ypc than James Conner the guy he was drafted to replace.

Willie Parkers first 2 seasons as a Steeler
Parker
2699 yards 4.55 ypc in 32 games
Harris
2234 yards 3.8 ypc in 34 games

2 undrafted, undersized underdogs vs 1st round 1st RB off the board

In 2021 he had 381 total touches, 2022 he was down to 313 touches.

He had over 20 touches in just five games last year, with 4 of them coming in the last 4 games, all wins. You say a ton of volume, but we lost a lot of games when he didn't touch the ball enough.

Again, continue to **** on him like he's Trent Richardson... He's gonna prove a lot of people wrong this year.

Even after the bye week, weeks 12-17 Warren averaged 4.7 ypc vs 3.8 for Harris. Warren looked electric, the numbers don't lie, he outplayed Harris all year.
Najee was drafted as 1st round 1st RB off the board. They hyped him up as a Stud, his rookie year he was inconsistent with 7 games under 50 yds rushing and lower ypc than James Conner the guy he was drafted to replace.

Willie Parkers first 2 seasons as a Steeler
Parker
2699 yards 4.55 ypc in 32 games
Harris
2234 yards 3.8 ypc in 34 games

2 undrafted, undersized underdogs vs 1st round 1st RB off the board
Apples and oranges, different offensive coordinators, different offensive lines, different offensive Era's, you just can't make those comparisons.

And again with Warren, who I absolutely love, and think he's the perfect compliment to Najee, but he barely had 100 touches. He's not going to keep up that production given the volume Najee gets as the RB1.

In 2021 he had 381 total touches, 2022 he was down to 313 touches.

He had over 20 touches in just five games last year, with 4 of them coming in the last 4 games, all wins. You say a ton of volume, but we lost a lot of games when he didn't touch the ball enough.

Again, continue to **** on him like he's Trent Richardson... He's gonna prove a lot of people wrong this year.
I never said he was bad or a bust. I made it very clear he's underperformed his first-round status. No one should be happy he's averaging under 4.0 YPC just like no one is happy Diontae Johnson didn't score a touchdown last year.

Apples and oranges, different offensive coordinators, different offensive lines, different offensive Era's, you just can't make those comparisons.

And again with Warren, who I absolutely love, and think he's the perfect compliment to Najee, but he barely had 100 touches. He's not going to keep up that production given the volume Najee gets as the RB1.
We will never know if Warren could match Najee production. He will never get the opportunity being alongside a first round pick. It sure would be interesting to see,if he got the same amount of touches. My money says he would have easily matched Najee production. It’s not like Najee had a stellar all star year. He wasn’t alone. None of the offense did.
No....it wasn’t all his fault,but he can expect some blame too. People expect a little more electricity out of a first rounder. Doesn’t matter what position it’s on. Najee so far has had a couple spurts,but far ,far from being consistent.

That doesn’t mean he can’t do it. It’s a big 3rd year for him. Hopefully the pieces are in place. The whole offense needs to take a nice big step forward. DJ,Kenny, the whole OLine,Pickens route running....it’s a team game. I believe the talent is there. And last but certainly not least our OC really needs to step up his game.

Willie was a special RB, would have had rushing title over Ladanian Tomlinson if he didnt get injured.
Harris is a dime a dozen big slow plodding back.

numbers aside warren just looked like the more talented, explosive back.

ADD in Najee’s rookie year of the absolute worse OL ever to take an NFL field of play.

This OL line this year has B IG potential and with that, Najee’s rush will be heard more with less Moore..

Salute the nation

ADD in Najee’s rookie year of the absolute worse OL ever to take an NFL field of play.

This OL line this year has B IG potential and with that, Najee’s rush will be heard more with less Moore..

Salute the nation
Exactly, if Najee gets to the second level consistently during a game, imagine how many DB's are just gonna lay down late in the game. We're talking the days of the Bus closing games out, people just not wanting to tackle him anymore.

Exactly, if Najee gets to the second level consistently during a game, imagine how many DB's are just gonna lay down late in the game. We're talking the days of the Bus closing games out, people just not wanting to tackle him anymore.

I’m one who didn’t want a RB in the 1st, but that fact can’t be changed. Najee is a work-horse and that fact can’t be changed either.

New season, new stats to come.

New OL to help all the3 skill position‘s says as well……..

Salute the nation

some of you are just ******* nuts

warren is not facing the same situations as Najee, he is not running into as many stacked lines or getting as many carries

Najee>>>>>>Warren

and I ******* love Warren

stats don't tell the whole story

only fucktards focus exclusively on stats

yes coach we are looking at your ignorant ***