• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Robinson vs. Harris

some of you are just ******* nuts

warren is not facing the same situations as Najee, he is not running into as many stacked lines or getting as many carries

Najee>>>>>>Warren

and I ******* love Warren

stats don't tell the whole story

only fucktards focus exclusively on stats

yes coach we are looking at your ignorant ***

ADD in the fact about the OC’s projection to what play is being called. The defense knows the plays nearly as often as the “O” players do. Several opposing defensive players have stated how this offense is the easiest to defend, translate that to how much harder that is to gain yards.

Your points are VERY valid, Najee is the work-horse and Warren benefits from that fact.

Thanks for all your great post(s) along the way Coolie..!!!

Salute the nation

You're describing a third-liner in hockey. Yeah, we root for the gritty guys who play hard. The Steelers drafted a running back in the first round. The guy better be a duel threat like CMC, an absolutely monster like Henry, or a stud like Chubb. Harris is a middle-of-the-pack starter after two years. They need better.
Doesnt that describe every player on Offense?

I mean, we universally think the OC Canada should have been fired for poor schemes, poor fit with personnel, poor calls until later in the season, and we all noted a substantial OL improvement after the Steelers bye.

Harris had a couple great games at the end of the season AND played through injury in the first half.

We all would have preferred a better OC, better OL (note R1 pick and FA signings to adress exactly this), that RB1 was injury free and that RB1 put up Faulk/McCaffery stats to prove his status as an R1 pick.......but that didnt happen LAST season. I mean, its not like anyone on O had a great season. The disappointment was everywhere, perhaps excepting Muth, some flashes by Warren, and a couple dramatic finishes.

What part of the Steelers FA and draft moves leads you to think that they arent doing all possible to get 22 (and 8) all the help they possibly can, to allow them to excel?

Doesnt that describe every player on Offense?

I mean, we universally think the OC Canada should have been fired for poor schemes, poor fit with personnel, poor calls until later in the season, and we all noted a substantial OL improvement after the Steelers bye.

Harris had a couple great games at the end of the season AND played through injury in the first half.

We all would have preferred a better OC, better OL (note R1 pick and FA signings to adress exactly this), that RB1 was injury free and that RB1 put up Faulk/McCaffery stats to prove his status as an R1 pick.......but that didnt happen LAST season. I mean, its not like anyone on O had a great season. The disappointment was everywhere, perhaps excepting Muth, some flashes by Warren, and a couple dramatic finishes.

What part of the Steelers FA and draft moves leads you to think that they arent doing all possible to get 22 (and 8) all the help they possibly can, to allow them to excel?
Yes and no. The offensive coordinator is bad. The previous one was bad as well. However, advanced stats looked favorably on some of the starters and that pointed back to the OC with poor play design. I keep going back to Harris finishing at or near the bottom of yards expected. That isn't on the OC, that is on the player.

I think Meyer had a lot to do with OL's turnaround. I also think the higher-ups made a commitment to the running game. Naj has great power,quickness, and ability to catch the rock. He doesn't have elite speed but is plenty fast enough. I think the proverbial lightbulb went off for Harris and Jaylen Warren helped keep him fresh. If Meyer has this thing figured out, with the lineup of Jones, Daniels, Cole, Semalo, and Chuks (still replaceable) and Herbig and Washington in short yardage and red zone blocking. You have to feel good about the running game going into this season. As far as Robinson is concerned. He is gifted athletically but he did get dinged up pretty well behind a Texas OL that was awful. He'll be a good pro, especially in Arthur Smith's running game.