• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rookie camp this weekend

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a run down of all the players showing up, with some new names on the try-out list.

Rookie camp

Players who will participate in the camp Friday-Sunday on the South Side:

Draft picks (9)

1-Ryan Shazier, ILB, Ohio State; 2-Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame; 3-Dri Archer, RB/KR, Kent State; 4-Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson; 5a-Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona; 5b-Wesley Johnson, OL, Vanderbilt; 6a-Jordan Zumwalt, LB, UCLA; 6b-Daniel McCullers, NT, Tennessee; 7-Rob Blanchflower, TE, Massachusetts.

Undrafted rookie Free agents (9)

Chris Elkins, OL, Youngstown State; Ethan Hemer, DE, Wisconsin; Kaycee Ike, OL, UAB; Howard Jones, LB, Shepherd; Brendon Kay, QB, Cincinnati; Josh Mauro, DE, Stanford; Roy Philon, DT, Louisville; Will Simmons, OL, East Carolina; Eric Waters, TE, Missouri.

First-year players (14)

Alvester Alexander, RB, Wyoming; Justin Brown, WR, Oklahoma; Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech; Jasper Collins, WR, Mount Union; Jordan Dangerfield, S, Towson; Bruce Davis, LS, Central Oklahoma; Christopher Hubbard, OL, UAB; Al Lapuaho, DL, Utah State; Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook; Dan Molls, LB, Toledo; Kashif Moore, WR, Connecticut; Lanear Sampson, WR, Baylor; Devin Smith, DB, Wisconsin; Brad Wing, P, LSU.

Invited players (20)

Jordan Hall, RB, Ohio State; Mason Espinosa, QB, Ohio Wesleyan; Terrance Owens, QB, Toledo; Vincent Jones, C, Utah; Adam Gress, OL Penn State; Grant King, OL, Georgia State; Jake Demadel, S, St. Francis; Dayonne Nunley, CB, Miami, Ohio; Lew Toler, CB, Rutgers; Corey Brown, CB, Ohio State; Cameron Truss, CB, Bowling Green; Devon Carrington, CB, Stanford; Najja Johnson, CB, Buffalo; Dorian Bell, LB, Duquesne, Maalik Bomar, LB, Cincinnati; Delbert Tyler, LB, Hampton; Shane Gordon, LB, Pitt; Mike Franklin, LB, Shepherd; Jibreel Black, DL, Michigan; Cody Webster, P, Purdue.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/6101907-74/steelers-players-state#ixzz31rqNx8A8

Maybe the steelers should start signing people to ensure they show up for offseason work

I think this will be a great opportunity, for some to start separating themselves, from the pack. Weather it be intelligence, or physical, it starts somewhere, might as well be here. Wouldn't it be great, if a total unknown, turned a few heads? I'm hoping for the best, even if just rookie camp!!!

Salute the nation

Brad Wing would be a nice addition.

Vyncent Jones is a guy I would like to see get a shot in the preseason. I do not think he makes it, but he plays nasty and mean and I would not mind watching that in some preseason games. He is not so fundamentally sound and may not have the core athleticism/power you want, but he is a fun guy to watch, never know when he is going to earhole someone. Do not think they would add him over a guy like Adam Gress though, who has more NFL characteristics.

I want to see how Jordan Hall, rb OSU does. The kid can play.

Interesting. The guys will get a playbook and we will then see how many actually read and study the thing. We may get some foot ball in shorts as well. Hopefully this speed also comes with rapid learning habits that can be used to our advantage for a change. Last time a player impressed with his rapid football smarts it was Pouncey, DeCastro was no slouch either in that regard. Lets hope our two defenders can pick up the scheme and responsibilities faster than the average bear. It seemed like it took Heyward a while to relearn his role in the defense but he is likely going to be far better than ziggy who tried hard but just could not seem to excel in the three four. Shazer seems like a natural leader from what I have been reading and definitely seems like a guy that could develop fast like Pouncey did.

Im already feenin for some football......****, ill even watch Arena league and CFL at this rate.....i hate this time of year.

we need casey to teach mccullers on getting great leverage.

If they drafted just by how guys looked in their underwear, Gress would have been a 1st rounder. PSU went through a few different OL coaches in his time. They also had a converted TE, Gary Gilliam, who they wanted to get some time at RT so he ended up splitting time with Gress.

He's an NFL lineman physically, but needs lots of work. A zone scheme would seem to fit him. He's a good practice squad guy.

we need casey to teach mccullers on getting great leverage.

Gonna be hard for Casey to teach that to McCullers, Casey had good NATURAL leverage being that he was 6'1". It's much like Harrison, being shorter than the man you are going against will give you the leverage advantage. McCullers is going to have to work on that with someone who actually has experience getting down like that, Casey wouldn't be much help.