• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph vs Pickett

If Rudolph, Pickett, Roethlisberger, BRADY threw for 179 0/0 would it still be a good game? It was ok. I guess we have different definitions of a good game.

If Rudolph, Pickett, Roethlisberger, BRADY threw for 179 0/0 would it still be a good game? It was ok. I guess we have different definitions of a good game.
Meh....we win. It was a good game.

Just ran through them myself, and with the exception of #2, none were truly very close to an INT:

1) 2nd quarter (4:54) 3rd-and-5 to Pickens fell incomplete 20 yards downfield, touched by no one.
2) 2nd quarter (1:39) 3rd-and-3 to Sims, ball was tipped, would have been a great play by Thompson to react and scoop it up two inches off the ground.
3) 3rd quarter (12:07) 2nd-and-9, screen play blown up, ball thrown directly into the ground, zero chance of being intercepted.
4) 4th quarter (11:52) 1st-and-10, forced rollout to the right, ball was essentially thrown away, defender got a hand on it, but landed with both feet out of bounds.
5) 4th quarter (5:33) 2nd-and-9, Chinn made a good read on the play, coming off of Sims to disrupt the short out to Pickens (actually like Chinn knew exactly what play was coming, hmmm), but he had to pretty much lay out just to get a finger on the ball.

So, no, Mitch couldn't have had another 3 interceptions today. More bullshlt from FordFairLane, as per usual. If your name ain't Mason, you can forget getting an iota of credit from that guy.
Yep Patch every week is just like cooch with agenda driven crap. Making **** up to try to support his Rudy obsession. **** even cooch knows when to let **** go.

Meh....we win. It was a good game.
It isn't a good game unless everyone bows down at Rudy's feet and worships him. Oh the third team scrub didn't get to play sniff sniff.

Mitch played ok. Could have had another 3 interception game but fortunately for us they weren’t caught. Who knows what Rudolph would do if he would have gotten the nod. But my guess is that was his last chance to throw a ball in a Steelers uniform. Good luck to him unless he’s playing the Steelers.

You are great at breaking down film so please list clock time and play of those three that were fortunately NOT caught ??

I think Mitch had a hell of a game today, Rudy not so much.

Salute the nation

In this scheme we've all had to curve our grades. Not exactly designed to be QB and WR friendly.

You are great at breaking down film so please list clock time and play of those three that were fortunately NOT caught ??

Salute the nation
I will once I can find the film. First was thrown into at least triple coverage to pickens. Another was luckily tipped at the line. The one between those I am not so sure who he was throwing to. But I’ll find it.
Idk Rudy threw as many TD’s as Mitch, and so did Pickett. So I would say at least ok games but you probably would consider them great.

I will once I can find the film. First was thrown into at least triple coverage to pickens. Another was luckily tipped at the line. The one between those I am not so sure who he was throwing to. But I’ll find it.
Idk Rudy threw as many TD’s as Mitch, and so did Pickett. So I would say at least ok games but you probably would consider them great.

Well Rusty Rudy’s threw 0 interception so how many interceptions did Mitch throw ???

Salute the nation

In this scheme we've all had to curve our grades. Not exactly designed to be QB and WR friendly.
Our offense reminds me of the days with Cowher when we had Mike Tomczac. Rely on the run game and defense.

Our offense reminds me of the days with Cowher when we had Mike Tomczac. Rely on the run game and defense.
It obviously can win games against the bottom of the NFL, but at some point this offense will have to prove it can adapt to the higher level teams. Given how long the Steelers have been running this conservative offense, I'm not sure their willingness to adjust.

If you classify Rudolph's game against the Lions as a "decent performance" (which you did), then I guess you have a different definition of a decent game. Depending mostly on whether or not your hero was at the controls, it seems.

It obviously can win games against the bottom of the NFL, but at some point this offense will have to prove it can adapt to the higher level teams. Given how long the Steelers have been running this conservative offense, I'm not sure their willingness to adjust.
It keeps us in a lot of games we’d be blown out by to. I honestly think if we started with a run first offense we would have won a couple earlier games. Grow the offensive a little each week and build a strong foundation. I think they keep Canada. Not because he’s capable but because Art is cheap and don’t want to pay Canada and another OC. Same reason I don’t think they would ever fire Tomlin. They just wouldn’t renew his contract.

And then you have our Jekyll and Hyde defense.....

It keeps us in a lot of games we’d be blown out by to. I honestly think if we started with a run first offense we would have won a couple earlier games. Grow the offensive a little each week and build a strong foundation. I think they keep Canada. Not because he’s capable but because Art is cheap and don’t want to pay Canada and another OC. Same reason I don’t think they would ever fire Tomlin. They just wouldn’t renew his contract.
Unfortunately they keep extending him way before it runs out. 😞

Unfortunately they keep extending him way before it runs out. 😞
I think 2024 is his last contractual year. So if they don’t extend him after next season I think they would let him go into 2024 as a lame duck coach. And I honestly think it’s fair to give him 22, 23, and 24 to build something after Roethlisberger.

I think 2024 is his last contractual year. So if they don’t extend him after next season I think they would let him go into 2024 as a lame duck coach. And I honestly think it’s fair to give him 22, 23, and 24 to build something after Roethlisberger.
The problem is he'll be due for an extension after this season.

He signed a 3-year extension in April of 2021. I think if the Steelers did well in 2023 they’d extend him right away. But if he has another losing season in ‘23 hopefully they make him play 2024 for his contract. Who knows as Art is a dipshit. But hopefully they don’t go signing him during this rebuild.

Salute the nation
Rudy actually looked very engaged listening to plays being called and holding the pad 😎
And he looked where he looks best, cuz if he’s off the sidelines T biscuit did it again

He signed a 3-year extension in April of 2021. I think if the Steelers did well in 2023 they’d extend him right away. But if he has another losing season in ‘23 hopefully they make him play 2024 for his contract. Who knows as Art is a dipshit. But hopefully they don’t go signing him during this rebuild.
That money keeps rolling in for the Steelers. So not so sure he is a dipshit. I know everyone but you is lacking intelligence in your world. But reality paints a different picture.

Rudy actually looked very engaged listening to plays being called and holding the pad 😎
And he looked where he looks best, cuz if he’s off the sidelines T biscuit did it again

With Rudy’s sideline production don’t be surprised if he moves up…………. The side line closer to Coach Tomlin.

Salute the nation

Rudy Rudy Rudy

B b but Mitch could have had....

The obsession continues...
I'm not a Mason fanboy by any stretch. I am just interested to see if his game has improved and to see him with this bunch. Remember Ben was a sandlot type QB and when Haley got here they turned him into a pocket QB(per Art 2s orders to extend his career) that could run if he had to. Ben trained with some guy that is famous for this, the videos were on you tube... probably still are. That's my interest: to see if guys like Mason train like that will their game improve. Mason's weakness is accuracy on the intermediate stuff.... maybe he got better. We'll probably never know till he's wearing a different uniform. If he's done nothing as far as training goes but the same ol same ol then my point is moot.

I'm not a Mason fanboy by any stretch. I am just interested to see if his game has improved and to see him with this bunch. Remember Ben was a sandlot type QB and when Haley got here they turned him into a pocket QB(per Art 2s orders to extend his career) that could run if he had to. Ben trained with some guy that is famous for this, the videos were on you tube... probably still are. That's my interest: to see if guys like Mason train like that will their game improve. Mason's weakness is accuracy on the intermediate stuff.... maybe he got better. We'll probably never know till he's wearing a different uniform. If he's done nothing as far as training goes but the same ol same ol then my point is moot.
All good I wasn't referencing you at all. And of course it is interesting to see if he improved. Plenty of players developed late in their careers. Which is why it is hard to stamp players with final summaries.

All good I wasn't referencing you at all. And of course it is interesting to see if he improved. Plenty of players developed late in their careers. Which is why it is hard to stamp players with final summaries.
Right..,
Who thought Geno Smith would be tearing up the league this year?

Happens later especially for some QBs