• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

Wow. No conservative I know ever considered Mahr to be reasonable.
His shows were mostly Republican/conservative bashing spectacles. Still a major Trump basher.

In spite of him taking Conservative views, he has maintained that liberalism is still the way to go.
If he wants to bash Trump. He has the right.
Just as you have the right to bash on Biden.

That’s the freedom allotted to this country. We can speak bad about the people that are supposed to represent us.

Maher isn’t a far left liberal. He has some moderate to conservative stances at times. Overall he ideally aligns liberal I’ve always found him to be reasonable.

If he wants to bash Trump. He has the right.
Just as you have the right to bash on Biden.

That’s the freedom allotted to this country. We can speak bad about the people that are supposed to represent us.

Maher isn’t a far left liberal. He has some moderate to conservative stances at times. Overall he ideally aligns liberal I’ve always found him to be reasonable.
Absolutely he has the right to only bash Trump. That in itself makes him unreasonable.
I bash Biden, but I'm no talk show host.

If I was, I would be compelled to be fair and balanced. (the best that I could lol)

Based on what I posted regarding Maher views I can now agree the Maher may not be a far left liberal any longer. Like I said it's been a long time since I watched him on TV.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: Just glanced at DJ's original thread title.

The NFL doesn't think that any of us here are their targeted demographic model anymore.
They want the new money, and we aren't it, so they go with what's trending socially until the pendulum begins swinging back in the other direction.

They are not "banned from society" for crying out loud. The "banning" that concerns you so much is a ban on having them in grammar school libraries, you know, the ones 1st and 2nd graders frequent.

This is where you lose any hope of having credibility. Bill Maher agrees that these blatantly sexual materials have no place in grade schools, and the bizarre weirdo fat guys wearing make-up and dresses should not be hanging around little kids. But you are incapable of simply rejecting left-wing orthodoxy and bleat like a good little liberal quisling, "Baaaaahhh ... not giving books about anal sex to little kids is censorship .... baaaaaahhh ... grown men wearing make-up and with fake boobs and wearing a dress should spend time with little kids ... baaaahhh."
That’s the false narrative. The ban includes literary classics that have been in grammar school libraries for decades. Y’all have lost your ******* minds.

He does, but if you listen to him it's the liberalism of the 1990's and not what's passing for it today.

I’ve always considered Maher reasonable. My politics are similar approach moderate. I do have some stances that may go left. But overall conservatism in regard to family is the way to go.

I decided to GOOGLE "Bill Mahr far left" ...and was amazed to see all the stories of him taking the conservative point of view on quite a few issues..he was labeled an "old school liberal". So yinz are right. I had the old school liberal Maher imbedded in my mind.

As the saying goes "If you're not a liberal at the age of 21, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative past the age of 30 you've got no mind."
Maher happens to be a late bloomer. lol

Reactions: MTC
That’s the false narrative. The ban includes literary classics that have been in grammar school libraries for decades. Y’all have lost your ******* minds.

*sigh*

Is there any left-wing propaganda you won't slurp up like Stacy Abrams attacking a double chocolate chip at a milkshake convention??

The "banning" is in fact a process of review. If a book is challenged by a parent, the school then removes it pending review. The allegation that classic literature has been "banned" is a lie.

Further, you really need to get a grip on what is happening. Taking the book off the library shelf for grades K-6 and leaving them in schools for students in 7-12 is not a "ban." Removing the books off the library shelf for grades K-6 but allowing students to bring the book to school and read it is not a "ban." You are simply spewing another left-wing talking point.

Finally, this has to be the worst "ban" in the history of censorship. The books are still available at public libraries, bookstores, used bookstores, and Amazon. It is no different than "banning" alcohol at a grade school. It isn't. You are going nuts over a few overtly sexual books being removed from grade school libraries while remaining available in dozens of other locations.

I decided to GOOGLE "Bill Mahr far left" ...and was amazed to see all the stories of him taking the conservative point of view on quite a few issues..he was labeled an "old school liberal". So yinz are right. I had the old school liberal Maher imbedded in my mind.

As the saying goes "If you're not a liberal at the age of 21, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative past the age of 30 you've got no mind."
Maher happens to be a late bloomer. lol
Yeah. He’s reasonable and listens imo. He’s not rash on making an impulse/emotional statement.

*sigh*

Is there any left-wing propaganda you won't slurp up like Stacy Abrams attacking a double chocolate chip at a milkshake convention??
What the hell is a Milkshake convention? Is that like a Jerk store, Costanza?
The "banning" is in fact a process of review. If a book is challenged by a parent, the school then removes it pending review. The allegation that classic literature has been "banned" is a lie.

Further, you really need to get a grip on what is happening. Taking the book off the library shelf for grades K-6 and leaving them in schools for students in 7-12 is not a "ban." Removing the books off the library shelf for grades K-6 but allowing students to bring the book to school and read it is not a "ban." You are simply spewing another left-wing talking point.
Fine, literary classics that have been on the shelves of libraries for decades are being removed after a process of review because you Karens have lost your ******* minds and find a new five alarm fire every day.
Finally, this has to be the worst "ban" in the history of censorship. The books are still available at public libraries, bookstores, used bookstores, and Amazon. It is no different than "banning" alcohol at a grade school. It isn't. You are going nuts over a few overtly sexual books being removed from grade school libraries while remaining available in dozens of other locations.
A few books? Read the article.

Next up, Chinese immigrants building a secret army within the US!

HB 1069 is aimed at the elementary school level. Many of those titles are spectacularly inappropriate for children. You want your second or third grader to grader to be able to read graphic descriptions of child rape in Prince of Tides or Beloved?

Since when did limiting access to non-age appropriate material constitute "banning"?

Based on what I posted regarding Maher views I can now agree the Maher may not be a far left liberal any longer. Like I said it's been a long time since I watched him on TV.
I don’t think Maher has moved in his position, at all. He just looks like he is moving right because the loonies have moved so far left, so fast. He does have some positions I don’t agree with, but he and I align at least 50-60% of the time.

The NFL doesn't think that any of us here are their targeted demographic model anymore.
They want the new money, and we aren't it, so they go with what's trending socially until the pendulum begins swinging back in the other direction.
Businesses always believe chasing “new” money is more important than “keeping” their loyal customers.

That is one of the main reasons that I quit buying the NFLST. I was tired of getting mailings for virtually “free” pricing that I wasn’t eligible for as a 20+ year loyal customer.

You said it better than I did. Well done.

Businesses always believe chasing “new” money is more important than “keeping” their loyal customers.

That is one of the main reasons that I quit buying the NFLST. I was tired of getting mailings for virtually “free” pricing that I wasn’t eligible for as a 20+ year loyal customer.
I’ve stopped caring about the nfl for a few years. It’s hard to even get excited for the Steelers of recent. After the whole national anthem debacle,
It’s been background noise for me

I’ve stopped caring about the nfl for a few years. It’s hard to even get excited for the Steelers of recent. After the whole national anthem debacle,
It’s been background noise for me
Yep. Where I used to be a rabid fan, I'm more of an interested bystander these days and will find something else to do if the the Steelers are not on the tube.

What the hell is a Milkshake convention? Is that like a Jerk store, Costanza?

Fine, literary classics that have been on the shelves of libraries for decades are being removed after a process of review because you Karens have lost your ******* minds and find a new five alarm fire every day.

A few books? Read the article.

Next up, Chinese immigrants building a secret army within the US!
those books, as was stated, are being reviewed.
if we just allow any and every book to be put in every school library, regardless of age, well, even someone as ******* dim as you can see where that can lead. on the other hand, no, someone as obtuse and ignorant as you purposefully display cannot see the issue.

this is no more than removing access to what YOUR loving leftist side throws a **** fit about.

From Jimmy's link, since you're incapable of clicking a link provided:

Florida school reports reflect some removals

The state’s report shows four books on Pink’s list were removed from some Florida school districts in the 2022-23 school year. After the state report was published, Collier County in November updated its website to show 313 books were removed from all grade levels to comply with state law. Collier’s count included three other titles that appear on Pink’s list. The district said some books may be reinstated after an additional review.

None of the books were banned statewide. Here are the books from Pink’s list that were removed, according to the state and Collier County:

• "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, which described sexual violence involving minors, was removed in Clay, Martin and Collier counties.
  • "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison, which also described sexual violence involving children, were removed in Clay and Martin counties.
  • "The Hate U Give," a young adult novel by Angie Thomas about racial profiling and a teenager coming of age, was removed in Martin and Collier counties.
  • "Anne Frank’s Diary: The Graphic Adaptation" was removed in Indian River County schools. The text version of Frank’s book was not banned. The graphic illustrated adaptation contains references to Frank’s sexuality and description of her genitals, which prompted challenges. Both of the references are taken from the published text versions of her diary.
  • "Forrest Gump," Winston Groom’s novel of a mentally challenged man that became a hit 1994 movie starring Tom Hanks, was removed in Collier County because of an explicit sex scene and descriptions of nudity.
  • "Atlas Shrugged," Ayn Rand’s novel about individualism, was removed in Collier County.
  • "Many Waters," the fourth novel in Madeleine L'Engle’s quintet that began with "A Wrinkle in Time," was removed in Collier County.

After age 54 you aren't in any advertisers audience, unless it's Medicare or pain relief.

What the hell is a Milkshake convention?

Floggy and his 235 lbs. and 19" neck pretending not to know what a milkshake convention is ...

200.gif

It's where you weightwatchers "Before" pictures go for lunch.