• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

Ultimately the only thing that has happened to him is that some people have expressed their disagreement with or disapproval of his comments. Others have spoken out to defend him. He has a right to his opinion, those who didn't appreciate his comments have a right to theirs.
Again, I agree. My point is that it's absurd that there are people calling for his job over his opinion, and apparently there are many that FEEL this way. He was speaking to 485 individuals, that's it!

We've been living in our house 12 years. Want to downsize but the houses half the size of ours are selling for 1-200,000 more than we paid for ours. They are building townhouses in our neighborhood that start at a million dollars! Plus 7% interest vs. the 3% we currently have. No thanks. It's a terrible predicament for younger people but we don't really have the option to do it.
I’d like to get rid of my yard more than my house, but I’d have the same problem.

The Zillow estimate for my house is 66% more than what I paid for it in 2013 and we have fixed 3.5% interest rate.

Lol. Nobody said grave disappointment but you. My daughter will be fine, she’s 24, has a great career, a great boyfriend who respects her intellect and success, and will probably be a wife and mother some day too. She’s not currently more excited about being a homemaker and for someone to assume she or any woman would be right out of college just because she’s female is sexist. If it wasn’t rooted in sexism it would have been addressed to both the men and women. It’s not a big deal to her, I mentioned her disappointment only to give some of you the perspective of a young recent college grad female.
And I’ll add that I mentioned that she had the same alma mater as him because he went to a school with a ton of highly accomplished female scientists, engineers and mathematicians. Odd that he would only briefly mention careers but spend the bulk of his address to “the ladies” extolling the virtues of homemaking.

Lol. Nobody said grave disappointment but you. My daughter will be fine, she’s 24, has a great career, a great boyfriend who respects her intellect and success, and will probably be a wife and mother some day too. She’s not currently more excited about being a homemaker and for someone to assume she or any woman would be right out of college just because she’s female is sexist. If it wasn’t rooted in sexism it would have been addressed to both the men and women. It’s not a big deal to her, I mentioned her disappointment only to give some of you the perspective of a young recent college grad female.

That’s not what he said, all you guys saying people put words in his mouth are doing the exact same thing.
YOU specifically mentioned her disappointment in Butker at least three times by my count. So forgive me for considering it to be grave. You've shlt on the word "homemaker" many more times, so maybe that's even more important to you. But I don't want to put words in your mouth,

And I’ll add that I mentioned that she had the same alma mater as him because he went to a school with a ton of highly accomplished female scientists, engineers and mathematicians.
But, again, for the last time: HE WASN'T SPEAKING TO THOSE PEOPLE. The most popular major at Benedictine College is...you guessed it...THEOLOGICAL STUDIES. Not science, math, or engineering...imagine that!
Odd that he would only briefly mention careers but spend the bulk of his address to “the ladies” extolling the virtues of homemaking.
There's that word again. Well, a derivative, anyway.

lol

Awfully presumptuous of you to assume Mrs. is the correct term here. You need to go to jail for assumptions like that when addressing a liberal like this.
What do you assume about Larry Craig, Dennis Hastert, Lindsay Graham, Caitlin Jenner, Andrew Sullivan, George Santos and the 35 chapters of Log Cabin Republicans?

But, again, for the last time: HE WASN'T SPEAKING TO THOSE PEOPLE. The most popular major at Benedictine College is...you guessed it...THEOLOGICAL STUDIES. Not science, math, or engineering...imagine that!

There's that word again. Well, a derivative, anyway.

lol
So women study theology mainly to become homemakers? Or any of these other Benedictine majors?

IMG_0066.png

I’ve mentioned her disappointment a few times because we’re having a discussion and I’m responding to people in the discussion. The idea that her disappointment is “grave” is just a weird figment of your imagination intended as a way to ridicule her and me for having an opinion that differs from your own.

YOU specifically mentioned her disappointment in Butker at least three times by my count. So forgive me for considering it to be grave. You've shlt on the word "homemaker" many more times, so maybe that's even more important to you. But I don't want to put words in your mouth,
I haven’t **** all over anything. I’ve said numerous times it’s great if that’s what someone chooses to do but assuming that’s the main goal of all the “ladies” in a group of college grads is sexist.

😂 All I said was that teachers have a limited role in their influence on kids, much less so than parents. I can only assume that since you continue to argue until you’re blue in the face that your parents failed in that regard.

Both of my kids have a 3.8+ GPA and are working multiple jobs during break. Other parents tell us what great kids they are and how highly thier kids speak of them.

So homeschooled kids have been cheated and are abnormal?

😂 So people get their history from statues? Should they erect statues of Hitler and Pol Pot?

No, that would be Ron DeSantis and you.

Unless those death threats are aimed at Mike Pence, right?

Says the guy who defends the January 6th morons.

TikTok? No, social media is where you get your “facts”. I’m referring to data provided by the U.N. and the 6th grade math that you’re incapable of doing. Provide sources that refute it. You won’t, you can’t.
DeSantis hasnt burned a single book.
but, wait ... you're 10000000% for tearing down statues since they might offend some delicate sensibilities, but are 10000000% against removal of books that might offend some delicate sensibilities.

your politics are showing beneath your skirt.

even moreso since you're unaware of how and why those death numbers between Israel and the chromosome challenged Hamas have come to be.

I haven’t **** all over anything. I’ve said numerous times it’s great if that’s what someone chooses to do but assuming that’s the main goal of all the “ladies” in a group of college grads is sexist.
big props to putting "ladies" in quotes so as to not offend Flog and ze/zer/zey skirt.

It’s funny because I have been a homemaker and quite enjoyed it. I love to cook, decorate, did crafts with my kids, homeroom mom, I was pretty much a trad wife lol. I do work now because that really wasn’t enough to keep me busy when the kids got older, and 3 college tuitions and whatnot. My point is just that not everyone does love that stuff. One of my best friends is a CFO. She doesn’t cook clean or decorate, hires all that **** out. She’s a great mom with 2 great kids.

443942462_10231432299567193_7807140322646143391_n.jpg

Your statement is true, but in it aren't you also denying that some may have a main goal of a family?
He expressed his personal experience about how he and his wife found a rewarding life together to a specific group of graduating students. Some likely agreed with him, some probably didn't, but nowhere did he say you must. Who is it that's assuming it's the main goal of "all" the ladies graduating that day?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if the comments made weren't directed toward them. What I find troubling is the increasing use of labels for people merely for expressing an opinion (words) rather than by the physical actions they may take. Sticks and stones, and all that.

DeSantis hasnt burned a single book.
but, wait ... you're 10000000% for tearing down statues since they might offend some delicate sensibilities, but are 10000000% against removal of books that might offend some delicate sensibilities.
You’re 100% against tearing down racist public statues of treasonous losers most of which weren’t erected until someone felt the urgent need to do so during the civil rights movement, but are 100% for banning books that nobody is being forced to read.
your politics are showing beneath your skirt.
And yours are being exposed.
even moreso since you're unaware of how and why those death numbers between Israel and the chromosome challenged Hamas have come to be.
I couldn’t have determined them without being aware of how and why they came to be. It’s what they call a “given”.

Your statement is true, but in it aren't you also denying that some may have a main goal of a family?
He expressed his personal experience about how he and his wife found a rewarding life together to a specific group of graduating students. Some likely agreed with him, some probably didn't, but nowhere did he say you must. Who is it that's assuming it's the main goal of "all" the ladies graduating that day?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if the comments made weren't directed toward them. What I find troubling is the increasing use of labels for people merely for expressing an opinion (words) rather than by the physical actions they may take. Sticks and stones, and all that.
He didn’t say some, he said most. Of the ladies, no mention of any of the men being more excited about being a husband and father than having a career. No mention of how great it would be for a man to support his wife’s career if that’s how things play out.

Why is he even commenting on what he, a man with a dream career, believes most of the women would be most excited about?

You’re 100% against tearing down racist public statues of treasonous losers most of which weren’t erected until someone felt the urgent need to do so during the civil rights movement, but are 100% for banning books that nobody is being forced to read.

And yours are being exposed.

I couldn’t have determined them without being aware of how and why they came to be. It’s what they call a “given”.
massive overreach on your part and underscores your basic understanding of history, past, present and future.

oh, but, @Troglodyte - do tell why 2nd and 3rd graders should have access to books about sex.

forum is yours. englighten us.

The whole thing with the KC kicker being a "contraversy", the clear disregard for all the "player safety" lies, the favoratism of some players/teams, the stupid rules, etc.

Just losing the passion, beyond my deeply lost passion.

Anyone else?
This era with Tomlin moved a lot of fans away from the mystique and brand of the Steelers. The Rooneys were fully on board with Rog and the Shield gutting defense in the name of safety.

The thing with the anthem and the on-field kneeling and political statement in the end zones just add to the bad optics.

The league and Steelers are not what they once were. The entire brand is uninspiring.