• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Running lower and lower on nfl love these days

I'll take the confessional a step further. The Steelers used to be the franchise that you could easily pull for because it seemed like they were doing things the right way or in a sound fashion. After all of the unbuttoned over the past decade and the dogged commitment to Tomlin as the face of mediocrity, I find it hard to have the same rooting interest. Not to mention the anthem a few years ago and when they fell over themselves and wore the patch on the helmet for the local thug for example. They are a definite part of the social Justice engineering movement and view the franchise as a platform. Some of it is getting older, but I definitely prefer to see them humbled a little bit in the face of their institutional arrogance. Maybe some of the off-season moves show a change of thinking, but i'm tied to them now more out of curiosity to see how they do as opposed to any type of emotional investment. It's more of a dispassionate, post Mortem look at the team now compared to where it used to be. Losing in the end may be the only thing that rips the Band-Aid off and leads to real change. The traditional fan will say, "then don't let the door hit you and go pull for another team!" No, the Steelers are the only thing maintaining any interest in the NFL or the product. But it's more like wanting to see how things go with their fortunes than rising or falling emotionally with every win and loss compared to up until about 10 years ago.

i'm tied to them now more out of curiosity to see how they do as opposed to any type of emotional investment. It's more of a dispassionate, post Mortem look at the team now compared to where it used to be.
I agree here.

Right, that’s who primarily uses libraries, 2nd and 3rd graders.
so you have no problem with removal of sexual items in libraries for 2nd and 3rd graders, since this was specifically targeting SCHOOL libararies, you dimdumbfuck?

So women study theology mainly to become homemakers? Or any of these other Benedictine majors?
No, theology majors are more likely to value marriage and family than others.
I’ve mentioned her disappointment a few times because we’re having a discussion and I’m responding to people in the discussion. The idea that her disappointment is “grave” is just a weird figment of your imagination intended as a way to ridicule her and me for having an opinion that differs from your own.
Her disappointment in a field goal kicker is the weird part, hon. Not my hyperbole.

I haven’t **** all over anything. I’ve said numerous times it’s great if that’s what someone chooses to do but assuming that’s the main goal of all the “ladies” in a group of college grads is sexist.
Yeah, someone like Butker's wife. And he never said it should be the main goal of "all" the ladies. Wrong again.

But keep crying about it being sexist and disappointing your worldly daughter some more. We haven't heard enough about that yet.

It’s funny how some of you claim you’re all about people being allowed to express their opinions but get soooo salty when anyone expresses one that disagrees with yours.
It's probably having to do to the onslaught of liberal ideologies being thrown in our faces over the years... that we better conform, or else.
The reactions become swift and severe.

"That's all I can stands and I can't stands no more" - Popeye The Sailor

Last edited:
It’s funny how some of you claim you’re all about people being allowed to express their opinions but get soooo salty when anyone expresses one that disagrees with yours.
Meh not salty, you have a right to your opinion just like everyone else does. From my standpoint, when you look at what Butker said, without trying to interpret what he said, I believe the entire issue is no big deal, yet some people are trying to make it one. Some will agree, some will not, so what?

Oh, and let me just add that any responses that I personally have made were done in jest.

Meh not salty, you have a right to your opinion just like everyone else does. From my standpoint, when you look at what Butker said, without trying to interpret what he said, I believe the entire issue is no big deal, yet some people are trying to make it one. Some will agree, some will not, so what?

Oh, and let me just add that any responses that I personally have made were done in jest.
I agree. It should’ve been a big nothing from the get go. It was just a commencement speech.

There are similar speeches given similar nationwide even at the high school level.

We’re all going to agree/disagree. We all have different customs and ways of up bringing. Why there seems to be an outrage at anything different is ???

I think it’s funny. Whenever someone has an opinion that differs from the woke commie left, the libtards put on their pink puussy hats and scream “RHEEEEEEEE!”

Why don’t you start a list of everything 2nd and 3rd graders might possibly gain access to so we can start banning them from society.

They are not "banned from society" for crying out loud. The "banning" that concerns you so much is a ban on having them in grammar school libraries, you know, the ones 1st and 2nd graders frequent.

This is where you lose any hope of having credibility. Bill Maher agrees that these blatantly sexual materials have no place in grade schools, and the bizarre weirdo fat guys wearing make-up and dresses should not be hanging around little kids. But you are incapable of simply rejecting left-wing orthodoxy and bleat like a good little liberal quisling, "Baaaaahhh ... not giving books about anal sex to little kids is censorship .... baaaaaahhh ... grown men wearing make-up and with fake boobs and wearing a dress should spend time with little kids ... baaaahhh."

They are not "banned from society" for crying out loud. The "banning" that concerns you so much is a ban on having them in grammar school libraries, you know, the ones 1st and 2nd graders frequent.

This is where you lose any hope of having credibility. Bill Maher agrees that these blatantly sexual materials have no place in grade schools, and the bizarre weirdo fat guys wearing make-up and dresses should not be hanging around little kids. But you are incapable of simply rejecting left-wing orthodoxy and bleat like a good little liberal quisling, "Baaaaahhh ... not giving books about anal sex to little kids is censorship .... baaaaaahhh ... grown men wearing make-up and with fake boobs and wearing a dress should spend time with little kids ... baaaahhh."

Only the pedo groomers could get upset over this stuff not being allowed for elementary school students.

Bill Maher has finally grown up...to a certain extent. Has taken the conservative position on a few social issues.
My favorite quote of his.."Liberals, you're embarrassing me".

Bill Maher has finally grown up...to a certain extent. Has taken the conservative position on a few social issues.
My favorite quote of his.."Liberals, you're embarrassing me".
I’ve always considered Maher reasonable. My politics are similar approach moderate. I do have some stances that may go left. But overall conservatism in regard to family is the way to go.

I’ve always considered Maher reasonable. My politics are similar approach moderate. I do have some stances that may go left. But overall conservatism in regard to family is the way to go.
Wow. No conservative I know ever considered Mahr to be reasonable.
His shows were mostly Republican/conservative bashing spectacles. Still a major Trump basher.

In spite of him taking Conservative views, he has maintained that liberalism is still the way to go.

Last edited:
Wow. No conservative I know ever considered Mahr to be reasonable.
His shows were mostly Republican/conservative bashing spectacles. Still a major Trump basher.

In spite of him taking Conservative views, he has maintained that liberalism is still the way to go.
He does, but if you listen to him it's the liberalism of the 1990's and not what's passing for it today.

f7FdEdG.jpg
Flog goes silent only to return with a completely unrelated response.

He does, but if you listen to him it's the liberalism of the 1990's and not what's passing for it today.
You may be right, Other than the YOUTUBE videos I haven't listened to him in ages. Although I'm sure it was more recent than the 1990s