• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Russian firm bought $100,000 in Facebook ads during 2016 election

Elfiero

Banned
Reaction score
My.....my.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html

Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said.
This news comes from an internal investigation by the company, which will give more insight into how Russia abused social media to tip the scales in then-candidate Trump’s favor. While $100,000 in ads isn’t much in the grand scheme, this provides more insight into how the power of new media was abused—and the inherent risk of having private companies pick and choose what information we see.

Tick....Tock......keep deluding yourselves Trumptards...have another nothing burger.

We do the same **** to foreign governments. Your beloved Obama worked his *** off to try to prevent Netanyahu being re-elected, using our tax payer dollars to do so.

Yawn. No news here. Move along.

My 2000 Ford Ranger is bucking at low speeds and at about 80 mph. I think the coil pack may be bad. Any other ideas?

My 2000 Ford Ranger is bucking at low speeds and at about 80 mph. I think the coil pack may be bad. Any other ideas?

You sure it's not the hijacker behind the wheel?

Ethanol in the gas can cause deposits and clog the injectors. When it happened to my Sport Trac the shop treated it with a can of BG Water Remover and a can of BG CF5 and ran it to redline a few times. Problem solved.

And?

This is connected to President Trump how exactly?

And?

This is connected to President Trump how exactly?

Trump asked for Russian dressing on his salad and followed dinner with TWO SCOOPS of ice cream.

Speaking of cars, took my truck in for a necessary recall today, thought to ask them to do an oil change. This was at the dealer mind you. Guy says "That'll be $54.95." I laughed, out loud, and said are you serious. He sheepishly looked at me and said yep. I asked when the price went up. He said "I've only been here two weeks. It used to be $34.95. They raised it $20 a couple months back." I said no thanks. I got it covered elsewhere.

What a racket. 3 or 4 quarts of oil and an oil filter has to cost them (buying in bulk) about $9-$10. The mechanic's making maybe $13/hour. Takes him 10 minutes (1/6 of an hour). $2=$3 labor charge. Their costs are around $13. They sell the service for $54.95.

Speaking of cars, took my truck in for a necessary recall today, thought to ask them to do an oil change. This was at the dealer mind you. Guy says "That'll be $54.95." I laughed, out loud, and said are you serious. He sheepishly looked at me and said yep. I asked when the price went up. He said "I've only been here two weeks. It used to be $34.95. They raised it $20 a couple months back." I said no thanks. I got it covered elsewhere.

What a racket. 3 or 4 quarts of oil and an oil filter has to cost them (buying in bulk) about $9-$10. The mechanic's making maybe $13/hour. Takes him 10 minutes (1/6 of an hour). $2=$3 labor charge. Their costs are around $13. They sell the service for $54.95.

Wages, taxes, and insurance are expensive. I know this.
I change my own oil. At Walmart a Motorcraft filter is $4 and a five quart jug of Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic or Mobil 1 is $25. The used oil goes into a five gallon jug from my old cleaning business and I dutifully take it to the recycling center when it gets full. I like tinkering with my cars though.

I used to change my own oil but the auto parts stores have totally jacked up the price of a quart of oil. After adding the filter it was less expensive to take it to the shop.

Maybe I can get the oil cheaper at Wally World and at least I know it's done right. Jr Mechanic didn't tighten the filter enough on my wife's Mazda and it leaked oil all over the driveway. Damn car was too low to get under and had an aerodynamic panel underneath and couldn't reach the filter from above. Had to have it towed back to get it fixed. I love new cars. :doh:

I used to pull my Beretta GT up on to the curb to get under it to change my oil. I haven't done that in a long time.

Sure i trust Fakebook to give it to me straight.

Speaking of cars, took my truck in for a necessary recall today, thought to ask them to do an oil change. 3 or 4 quarts of oil and an oil filter has to cost them (buying in bulk) about $9-$10.

3 or 4 quarts of oil? What kind of truck do you have, a Prius?

My.....my.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...f01fd2-931e-11e7-89fa-bb822a46da5b_story.html

Representatives of Facebook told congressional investigators Wednesday that it has discovered it sold ads during the U.S. presidential election to a shadowy Russian company seeking to target voters, according to several people familiar with the company’s findings.

Facebook officials reported that they traced the ad sales, totaling $100,000, to a Russian “troll farm” with a history of pushing pro-Kremlin propaganda, these people said. This news comes from an internal investigation by the company, which will give more insight into how Russia abused social media to tip the scales in then-candidate Trump’s favor. While $100,000 in ads isn’t much in the grand scheme, this provides more insight into how the power of new media was abused—and the inherent risk of having private companies pick and choose what information we see.

Tick....Tock......keep deluding yourselves Trumptards...have another nothing burger.

The Law School Admissions Test ("LSAT") has one section entitled "reading comprehension." That part of the test determined the ability of a wanna-be lawyer to read and understand printed material, a skill of paramount importance to attorneys. A person who lacks basic reading comprehension does not have the intellect to be an attorney.

So, let's try to answer the following question based on the article you cited. Do your best, elfiePoloLiar, you wanna-be skank:

The article about Russia buying ads on Facebook can be fairly interpreted as:

(a) A criticisms of Donald Trump and Facebook.
(b) A criticism of Russia and Donald Trump.
(c) A criticism of Donald Trump only.
(d) A criticism having ******* NOTHING TO DO WITH DONALD TRUMP.

Go ahead, elfiePolo ... answer the question.

So most of you probably were not on old school bbs forums back in the 90's but elfie sounds exactly like most republican hardcores did about Clinton, only with a **** ton more circumstancial evidence on their part... when Trump wins re-election my guess is the suicide and murder rates are going to spike for a few months... cause there is a lot of people clinging to the hope trump gets deposed... and im not sure why... Pense gets in then... and the trumpers arent voting for Hillary no matter what...

Also despite what most believe the vast majority of the country will not vote for an open communist like Bernie... I just dont see what end tgey want to reach with this... Trump is fairly bad for the establishment of republicans... it just cements my theory that hardcore partisans are all morons of the highest degree...

he also eats his steak well done, which means he has trust issues and his mommy didn't coddle him enough as a child.

USAToday: Alleged Russian political meddling documented in 27 countries since 2004.

******* Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he also eats his steak well done, which means he has trust issues and his mommy didn't coddle him enough as a child.

Man! Our Pres just dont know how to eat! He is missin all the good stuff. I bet he drinks light beer.

3 or 4 quarts of oil? What kind of truck do you have, a Prius?

No self-respecting Conservative should ever be caught dead driving a Prius. Just curious, do you have to pull your man-bun to the side to get into your Prius? I bet you also have the Coexist sticker...right? Right? Come on Floggie, confess.

coexist.JPG