• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Schefter says it's a done deal.....

Frosty

Reaction score

Adam Schefter

9m ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league sources. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.

They already made up their mind. Pickett rides the pine. Wilson will complain about the sushi in Pittsburgh. If he doesn't win people will carry pitchforks down Liberty Avenue.

I wonder if there’s any Cowher/Wilson connection from NC State. I sure would like to get Peyton Wilson in the draft as well.

Anyone is better than Pickett at this point.

Would not surprise me if Kenny requests a trade.

Adam Schefter

9m ·

https://www.facebook.com/#
Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league sources. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.

What team is Black and yellow ?

Salute the nation

Is 1.5ish million for a cooked Russell Wilson better than a 3rd round pick for Justin Fields?
I guess........?
Pickett, Wilson, Rudolph, Fields, whatever.
None of these are the long term answer and don't strike fear in opposing Ds.
Oh, and Tomlin is still steering this ship.
And Terrible Austin is still DC.
YAY!

I'm going to take the glass half full approach and say Wilson will help the Steelers attain their goal of 9-8.
Ooooooh, so a bridge QB to keep the "never a losing season" streak alive for CoolShades.
Got it.
This makes sense now.

The only hope is that he brings the attitude of a guy on a 1 year vet minimum prove it deal and carries hunger and humility with him into the building as his baggage

Now if he brings the Cancerous Russ, I need my own office and am actually making 40 million this year (or whatever it adds up to), I’m the ****, I’m a pro bowler, hand me the keys to MY car attitude into the building it will blow up for sure.

Given that the greatest coach ever now has his guy, an accomplished former pro bowl QB, all the more reason to wait to hand him an extension until the two prove they can win a playoff game together.

No reason for Rooney to precontractulate again over the greatest coach ever, wait til they both come to that playoff victory together

Reactions: xjx
Is 1.5ish million for a cooked Russell Wilson better than a 3rd round pick for Justin Fields?
I guess........?
Pickett, Wilson, Rudolph, Fields, whatever.
None of these are the long term answer and don't strike fear in opposing Ds.
Oh, and Tomlin is still steering this ship.
And Terrible Austin is still DC.
YAY!
Trading a 3rd for Fields would have suggested moving on from Pickett permanently and hoping to win eventually. Signing Wilson suggests the Steelers want to win now and worry about the future next year.

The only hope is that he brings the attitude of a guy on a 1 year vet minimum prove it deal and carries hunger and humility with him into the building as his baggage

Now if he brings the Cancerous Russ, I need my own office and am actually making 40 million this year (or whatever it adds up to), I’m the ****, I’m a pro bowler, hand me the keys to MY car attitude into the building it will blow up for sure.

Given that the greatest coach ever now has his guy, an accomplished former pro bowl QB, all the more reason to wait to hand him an extension until the two prove they can win a playoff game together.

No reason for Rooney to precontractulate again over the greatest coach ever, wait til they both come to that playoff victory together
I'm very confused about this "cancerous Russell" reference.

I've only read that hear. Never followed the banter in Seattle or Denver...

Seattle let him walk
Denver gave up lots of money to rid themselves of him

Now he is going to save the Steelers......right
FFS, he’s a nine time Pro-Bowler, likely HOFer and a Super Bowl champ. After not having won a playoff game in nearly a decade, let’s give the guy a chance… for a YEAR.

Sucks for KP. He will no go on the scrap heap of ruined QB's by piss-poor coaching like numerous QB's in the Clowns organization. He'll never get the opportunity to play for a real OC. Such a shame. Realistically, they don't give him his 5th year option and he never is labeled our QB1 again unless Wilson leaves.

This is probably the worst thing they could have done for the team. So, we have a QB1 for 1 year? WTF does that get us? Where are we in a year or two? You guessed it. Worse off than we are right now.

I'm very confused about this "cancerous Russell" reference.

I've only read that hear. Never followed the banter in Seattle or Denver...
Referenced a lot of the stuff in other threads, but the math sure points to him being that

1 team pays boatloads for you to leave it’s a question (they did receive a lot in return so maybe a rebuild)
A 2nd team that gave away tons of assets pays boatloads for you to leave the alarm bells ring
Dude was so above everyone else he required his own office on a separate floor from the locker room all his pee on teammates used
Repeatedly called out by several teammates in interviews for just flat out not being good for the team at both of his former teams

To me all those signs point to dude being cancerous… but I’m also all about 2nd chances so if he’s going to be a Steeler hopefully he can recognize what a gigantic douche nozzle he’s been at his last stops and we can reap the benefits of a man on a redemption tour/prove it deal

An aging QB coming off an 8-9 season with an offensive guru and all sorts of questions as to his character doesn’t get me dancing in the streets-that’s for sure

It’ll be great when he hands the ultra controller the weeks game plan and plays he drew up for it tho-wonder how that will fly?

Maybe someone finally had the balls to give Tomlin an ultimatum, because his reeks of desperation. Hell, now if they bring in a pro bowl C, MLB, CB, DL and WR they may just win a wild card game this year.

Trading a 3rd for Fields would have suggested moving on from Pickett permanently and hoping to win eventually. Signing Wilson suggests the Steelers want to win now and worry about the future next year.
Trog....your making way too much sense this morning...

STOP IT! ;)

Maybe someone finally had the balls to give Tomlin an ultimatum, because his reeks of desperation. Hell, now if they bring in a pro bowl C, MLB, CB, DL and WR they may just win a wild card game this year.
Personally--even without all that wishful thinking...although it would be nice....I think we will win the North and at least one playoff game this year, by just adding a legitimate NFL starting QB to the squad..

Now we have the draft, and we will be very active in free agency, which will move us to that next level of success we all want to see...

I almost won big $$$$ by taking the LIons to win the NFC last season....I think yinz all know who I'm going to wager on to win the AFC this year... :)

Last edited:
Sucks for KP. He will no go on the scrap heap of ruined QB's by piss-poor coaching like numerous QB's in the Clowns organization. He'll never get the opportunity to play for a real OC. Such a shame. Realistically, they don't give him his 5th year option and he never is labeled our QB1 again unless Wilson leaves.

This is probably the worst thing they could have done for the team. So, we have a QB1 for 1 year? WTF does that get us? Where are we in a year or two? You guessed it. Worse off than we are right now.
Awww....poor Kenny...

Did someone take away that silver platter?..

We will see what the kid is made of now....wont we?..