• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Scoop: PresidentTrump is pulling U.S. out of Paris climate deal

your extreme alt-right *** in here posting breitbart links? unacceptable.

Well, in this case...

That article is beautiful. Reason #1 is one reason enough not to do this. Alone. Simply.

The Paris Accord is (as someone else said) nothing more than a shake down.

"There is nothing scientific about the Paris accords...there is no rational argument to be made for the merits of the Paris deal whatsoever. Even its ardent defenders are forced to admit it has no real impact on the environment. It’s a purely political artifact, the very opposite of science.

The Heritage Foundation shreds the agreement by noting it would, if fully implemented, have a “staggering” effect on America’s economy and our quality of life, in return for “essentially zero environmental benefits.” It is, quite simply, a bad deal by any rational calculation.

Even if the always-wrong climate change computer models turned out to be right in this case, we are talking about spending trillions of dollars, and sacrificing millions of jobs, to reduce the average global temperature in the year 2100 by 0.17 degrees. Sacrifices that would force many Americans into Third World standards of living would contribute 0.015 degrees to that total reduction.

Among other fallacies, spending more than $600 billion globally per year to hypothetically nudge the temperature down by a nearly undetectable amount would inflict economic damage that could prevent mankind from discovering truly reliable and productive “sustainable” energy sources and industrial methods. Money tithed to the Church of Global Warming will not be available for real scientific research and development. The crony capitalist incentives provided by these madcap environmental protocols tend to reward political connections and public relations, not innovation."

It's not a shakedown you say? They've told you to your face that is what this is and has always been about. You believers in their message? Jim Jones cult members. Zombies. Lemmings. The gullible suckers who've bought the message.

UN Climate Chief: We Are Remaking The World Economy

The United Nation’s climate chief says that reordering the global economy to fight climate change is the “most difficult” task the international body has ever undertaken.

“This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model, for the first time in human history,” Christiana Figueres, who heads up the U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change, told reporters.

“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for the, at least, 150 years, since the industrial revolution,” Figueres said.

China gets 30 years to do nothing? Even though they are spewing out twice as much carbon now as America and three times as much as the EU?

Again, this is all you need to know about the deal.

but but but China has already reduced their emissions by 13%. but.

The US will do a better job adhering to their own carbon emission codes, than the Paris Accord would have. It's fiscally responsible to handle green energy transition in house, while regulating carbon emissions. California will be setting the standard for the nation, and the nation will comply, without having to funnel billions of dollars through the World Bank.

On to the other subject, if you think that humans have no affect on the environment, you are dead wrong. There are less forests to absorb and exchange CO2 to O2, and they are shrinking as industry grows. It's a simple numbers game. The usable water table is shrinking due to population increasing, and unsustainable, unregulated corporate farming. The oil industry already poisoned our children in the 60s and 70s as lead leached into our water supply, which is why we now have unleaded gas.

The problem with the 3% of scientists refuting climate change, is that nearly all of those scientists are corporate backed. I'm not hanging my faith on corporations who have shown time and time again, that they will muddy the waters and put public health at risk, to maximize profits.

It's very easy to understand why Tibs and all other libtards are for the accord. They are for anything that hurts, weakens or demeans America because they hate America. They can deny that, but their words, actions and what they support and believe in proves it.

Tillerson, Ivanka Trump, Elon Musk, several other CEOs and scores of Mayors must all hate America as well.

Tillerson, Ivanka Trump, Elon Musk, several other CEOs and scores of Mayors must all hate America as well.

200.gif

The problem with the 3% of scientists refuting climate change, is that nearly all of those scientists are corporate backed. I'm not hanging my faith on corporations who have shown time and time again, that they will muddy the waters and put public health at risk, to maximize profits.

OTOH, all those scientists who stick to CC are funded by the very governments and organizations that want to take control of society on a global scale and restrict freedoms. governments have shown time and again that, if you give them too much power, they will abuse it. The further removed from locality, the worse the abuse.

Atlas Shrugged - State Science Institute. it is playing out right before us if we choose to see.

President Trump Issues Declaration Of Independence

Mark this day as historic. June 1, 2017: the day that President Donald Trump extricated the United States from the Paris climate accord.

It is a day of jubilee. It is a day of freedom. It is something akin to another declaration of independence — independence not from an empire but from a global welfare establishment that has been feeding off the United States since the Second World War.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/01/t...lycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social
gettyimages-578671792-4255944847e010ea0bfc00ca80403895e4c1de0d-s900-c85.jpg

On to the other subject, if you think that humans have no affect on the environment, you are dead wrong.

if you think anyone believes this, you are dead wrong. Of course, we have an effect on the environment. The issue is a) Whether human activity has any effect on the Climate and/or b) to what extent and c) if we do, how can we change that?

I tend to believe that the answer to a) is no, or, if it is yes, then the answer to b) is very little. Since the worst case, IMO, is very little, destroying an economy and increasing federal or global government control over the lives of individuals to avert what is most definitely not as bad as the Global Warm...err Climate Change people say is a ridiculous solution.

In most cases, whatever the problem, if your solution is more government control and higher taxes, you do not understand the problem.

Have I missed the discussion about the part where he will renegotiate and re enter the agreement if terms can be fixed?

Last edited:
That's not acceptable. They want terms that are unfair and punish America, no matter what.
My point is simply it was a major statement that is being ignored by both sides. Without this as part of the discussion everyone is ignoring what he actually said. Stating he would re enter the agreement if fixed completely changes the impact of this move for both sides but not a ******* word from the pro or con side of this debate.

if you think anyone believes this, you are dead wrong. Of course, we have an effect on the environment. The issue is a) Whether human activity has any effect on the Climate and/or b) to what extent and c) if we do, how can we change that?

I tend to believe that the answer to a) is no, or, if it is yes, then the answer to b) is very little. Since the worst case, IMO, is very little, destroying an economy and increasing federal or global government control over the lives of individuals to avert what is most definitely not as bad as the Global Warm...err Climate Change people say is a ridiculous solution.

In most cases, whatever the problem, if your solution is more government control and higher taxes, you do not understand the problem.
I think you're confusing me with a liberal. There are more than two sides to these Concepts that can be fixed without sticking your head in the sand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING NEWS: Trump shutting down Netflix to help bring back Blockbuster jobs.</p>— Andy Young (@AndyYoungFilm) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndyYoungFilm/status/870365450114220032">June 1, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And when you start disagreeing with scientific emergent truths, your arguments are as strong as someone arguing the earth is flat...

Sad, but true.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woke up and a US President was no longer leader of free world. After only 132 days, Trump will go down as worst President in modern history.</p>— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) <a href="https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/870675759609913344">June 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

I think you're confusing me with a liberal. There are more than two sides to these Concepts that can be fixed without sticking your head in the sand.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Steeler Nation mobile app

I'm not confusing you with anyone. You said "if anyone things we don't affect the environment, you are dead wrong". I don't know anyone who thinks this even the most devoted GW/CC denier.

There can't be very many more than two sides to the GW/CC issue. Maybe 3, I guess. You are either 1) Absolutely this is the truth 2) No ******* way or 3) To some degree, but the change is insignificant.

Under 1, you might have 1a) We can stop this or 2) nothing we can do or 3) we can alleviate some of the damage.

I don't know why you would thing the GW/CC unbelievers are sticking their head in the sand.

By the way, somewhere towards the middle of his incoherent, rambling speech yesterday, Trump snuck in this gem. Trump supporters, what the **** is up with that? How can you say with a straight face that he is not deranged?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Trump says his tax bill "is moving along in Congress" and "doing very well."<br><br>Only one problem: There is no tax bill <a href="https://t.co/EDykF97v54">https://t.co/EDykF97v54</a> <a href="https://t.co/7Wm62iBor5">pic.twitter.com/7Wm62iBor5</a></p>— CNN (@CNN) <a href="https://twitter.com/CNN/status/870695123163545600">June 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

Sad, but true.

<twitterwidget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="870675759609913344"></twitterwidget>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

giphy.gif
<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Only one thing for libs to do now...

VOTE GREEN PARTY - JILL STEIN 2020

Vote your conscience again!

hahahahahahaha

EPA_RNC_balloon_drop_cf_160721_12x5_1600.jpg

Sad, but true.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woke up and a US President was no longer leader of free world. After only 132 days, Trump will go down as worst President in modern history.</p>— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) <a href="https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/870675759609913344">June 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

If Trump was a football team, he would be the 1976 Tamp Bay Buccaneers. The only ones who didn't see it coming were the fans.

That's not acceptable. They want terms that are unfair and punish America, no matter what.

That's what I'm thinkin' ...renegotiate what ??

Tibs, you have me lock, stock and barrel. Nowhere will I get entertainment like you Libs on meltdown.

lmao-libs-in-meltdown-triggered-much-fox-news-rn-https-t-co-crtwetubgl-21430419.png

Last edited: