• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seumalo Injury

Personally, I like McCormick over Anderson. Eerily, this has the makings of our OL when Pouncey, Decastro and Gilbert all grew up together…
I think that is what they will do. Anderson is a nice, versatile backup, but I don't think he is a guy you want starting. McCormick could be. I'm just not sure he's ready.

I saw one post where the injury could be season-ending. I hope not but Jones and the rookie class better be ready to step in to whichever position they can play.
Schefter is reporting that it is not a season-ending injury. They still aren't sure how long he will be out, but they seem to think they "dodged a bullet."

However long he is out, that's a damaging injury. He is the leader on that line, a very good guard and exactly the type of intelligent veteran you would want next to the rookie center.

GOD speed Issac, the team needs yaz !!!

McCormick will hold his own.

Salute the nation

Ouch! That’s going to leave a mark losing the Samoan for I think four games.
Consider…. If it’s McCormick then that’s three rookies potentially starting on the OL.
Him, Frazier, and Fantanu with Jones in his second year if he gets the LT spot.
Could get interesting! At least these young guys can get an opportunity to grow together.

Looks like two to three weeks from the start of the season. I am thinking no more than three games . Anderson or move the rookie tackle to G once he returns.Either or it looks to be short term.

Issac has my same birthday. He's a SCORPIO. SO he WILL RECREATE HIMSELF. Scorpios die & rise from the ashes and recreate themselves.

It sucks but trust me, Scorpios go through this and he’ll be back better than ever…
Scorpio's are *******. <-- Begin's with a "p" and ends with a "y" :ROFLMAO:

That is a pretty big loss. Seumalo is a really good guard and was going to be a big piece of this new offense, IMO. The only plus side is the Steelers seemingly have some good, young talent at guard. I hope they go with McCormick as he has the look of a future starter and flashed some of that potential already. Anderson has impressed as well, McCormick has more upside.

Jones at LT
Frazier at C
Fautanu at RT
Daniels at RG

try Moore at LG

Jones at LT
Frazier at C
Fautanu at RT
Daniels at RG

try Moore at LG

That might be an interesting battle but in the end, I think McCormick would win.

He has a solid work and persona ethic, that is much needed in the OL personnel. Many at camp showed praise for him.

Dan Moore is said to only be able to play LT, gaurd might be asking a little to much considering it would be short term.

Get McCormick the reps and experience, he won’t disappoint.

Salute the nation

This is just a hunch, but I'd be callin' Munch.

As great as that may sound, I’m afraid that just won’t happen.

Definitely not this year.

Salute the nation

This year is going to be brutal. Injuries already forcing major changes. I sure hope the rumored JPJ injury is BS.

While it is going to really hurt, getting all the young guys on the line playing early, is going to pay off long term.

This year is going to be brutal. Injuries already forcing major changes. I sure hope the rumored JPJ injury is BS.

While it is going to really hurt, getting all the young guys on the line playing early, is going to pay off long term.
Joey’s injury was minor per reports I am not concerned. Hopefully they can get that rookie T quickly healthy.