• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seumalo Injury

I watched a defensive lineman step in a CFL game yesterday. Very little problem. Hard to believe a guy like Fautanu can't take that spot for 5 weeks.

Munch isn't coming back unless Tomlin leaves.

Is Muncheck even in NFL football anymore ???

I highly doubt Munch will ever be back, regardless of Coach Tomlin’s whereabouts.

Salute the nation

What would anyone possibly know about Mike Munchak's relationship with Mike Tomlin or his willingness to work or not work with him. How?

Is Muncheck even in NFL football anymore ???

I highly doubt Munch will ever be back, regardless of Coach Tomlin’s whereabouts.

Salute the nation

Yeah truth is they are probably good friends.

I wonder why that is?

What would anyone possibly know about Mike Munchak's relationship with Mike Tomlin or his willingness to work or not work with him. How?

After Munchak got let go before Sean Payton’s reign in DEN, Munch went ahead and had long awaited knee replacement surgery. He had notified TEN management towards the end of 2023 he would be able and interested in coaching again for his old organization if Vrabel had an opening. Amy Smith-Strunk fired Vrabel before he could get a response.

All PIT beat writers who actually report in the locker room and have relationships with management and know the typical press/club boundries all said Munch, Mr Rooney and Tomlin are friends and keep in touch. Only those writers who has never been in a Steelers locker room, (Madden, Poni, all NFL/ESPN media Twitter folks who only talks to agents), not to mention imbeciles like Lloyd/Coach who giggles like a 10 year old girl when they put out “Tomlin is hated, or has no respect”.

Something weird went down, anyone could see that. When he left, he had a problem with SOMEONE. And there seems no love lost between the two. Munch was too much of a real leader, that would threaten a known megalomaniac as Shades is reported.

After Munchak got let go before Sean Payton’s reign in DEN, Munch went ahead and had long awaited knee replacement surgery. He had notified TEN management towards the end of 2023 he would be able and interested in coaching again for his old organization if Vrabel had an opening. Amy Smith-Strunk fired Vrabel before he could get a response.

All PIT beat writers who actually report in the locker room and have relationships with management and know the typical press/club boundries all said Munch, Mr Rooney and Tomlin are friends and keep in touch. Only those writers who has never been in a Steelers locker room, (Madden, Poni, all NFL/ESPN media Twitter folks who only talks to agents), not to mention imbeciles like Lloyd/Coach who giggles like a 10 year old girl when they put out “Tomlin is hated, or has no respect”.

Ike, my post was more that Muncheck wasn’t coming to Pittsburgh by 1st choice, meaning he had a different place in mind.

I didn’t mean to imply him and Tomlin had a beef (I can see looking back on post how that could easily be interpreted that way). I was saying with or without Coac HC Tomlin, Munch will not be back, just my opinion.

As usual, thanks for your insights along the way.

Salute the nation

🫢

Something weird went down, anyone could see that. When he left, he had a problem with SOMEONE. And there seems no love lost between the two. Munch was too much of a real leader, that would threaten a known megalomaniac as Shades is reported.
That is male soap opera bullshit conjecture. True or untrue the company line was he wanted to be closer to his daughter and her family. The rest is made up by your hatred for a man you do not really know at all. I think Tomlin's message has worn thin. Everyone's does. Or Noll would have been coach for life. However, like I've said a million times I'd sit down and have drinks and talk football with Tomlin anytime.

I heard he didn't like coaching for a team you were a fan of....

cause you're a twatwaffle

That is male soap opera bullshit conjecture. True or untrue the company line was he wanted to be closer to his daughter and her family. The rest is made up by your hatred for a man you do not really know at all. I think Tomlin's message has worn thin. Everyone's does. Or Noll would have been coach for life. However, like I've said a million times I'd sit down and have drinks and talk football with Tomlin anytime.
it would be enjoyable discussing football and life with Tomlin over a beer or six

Good all 10 of you are welcome to. God bless.

Munch has already said he loved Tomlin and his time in Pitt. He also said he'd love to come back BUT he isn't going to displace/disparage Pat Meyer to do so.

He has been working as an OL consultant for the Rams and look what he did for our "cast-off" Dotson and Avila. Meyer is well liked at the moment by HCMT (and he is complete garbage, IMHO). Our OL has gone backwards with him as the OL coach as I've stated plenty.

HCMT holds on to garbage a bit too long and Canada was just the last one. He does the same with misfit players, IMO. Wormley, Jarvis Jones, Devin Bush, Mike Mitchell and Pressley Harvin, to name a few.

I hope we hire Munch back too BUT he may already be spoken for in LA now.

Might be inclined to sign Jason Peters at 42 as he could probably be as good as any to work with our young tackles. Unbelievably, he played last year and even started a few games at 41. He could coach them up and take over as OL coach if we can get rid of Meyer...hopes up!

I’m sitting at that breakfast table as well, Mike’s a hellA knowledgeable and speaks very well. He could lean us all so much in a short period of time.

I’d like to hear his “no-coach speak” answer to some questions that many are afraid to ask. I’d only ask if he and I were a one on one situation and not in public.

I thank him for a lot that he has done here, but I also disparage him for a lot that he hasn’t done here.

Salute the nation

Munch has already said he loved Tomlin and his time in Pitt. He also said he'd love to come back BUT he isn't going to displace/disparage Pat Meyer to do so.

He has been working as an OL consultant for the Rams and look what he did for our "cast-off" Dotson and Avila. Meyer is well liked at the moment by HCMT (and he is complete garbage, IMHO). Our OL has gone backwards with him as the OL coach as I've stated plenty.

HCMT holds on to garbage a bit too long and Canada was just the last one. He does the same with misfit players, IMO. Wormley, Jarvis Jones, Devin Bush, Mike Mitchell and Pressley Harvin, to name a few.

I hope we hire Munch back too BUT he may already be spoken for in LA now.

Might be inclined to sign Jason Peters at 42 as he could probably be as good as any to work with our young tackles. Unbelievably, he played last year and even started a few games at 41. He could coach them up and take over as OL coach if we can get rid of Meyer...hopes up!
The line improved steadily last year, particularly after Matt was canned. Much of what you blame the OL coach for I believe was a product of the OC's system.

The line improved steadily last year, particularly after Matt was canned. Much of what you blame the OL coach for I believe was a product of the OC's system.
It also improved around the same time in Meyer's first year with the team and Canada was the OC then.

Ike, my post was more that Muncheck wasn’t coming to Pittsburgh by 1st choice, meaning he had a different place in mind.

I didn’t mean to imply him and Tomlin had a beef (I can see looking back on post how that could easily be interpreted that way). I was saying with or without Coac HC Tomlin, Munch will not be back, just my opinion.

As usual, thanks for your insights along the way.

Salute the nation

Yeah Drink, I know what your post’s intent was. It was his decision to not renew his contract. He gave an interview to several writers about it. His decision had nothing to do with PIT, the organization or coaches. His wife had asked him a year before his contract was up that she felt it was time to be closer to their daughters and grandkids if he wasn’t going to retire from coaching. His youngest daughter had a baby and lived in Colorado. His other daughter lived in California. Mr. Rooney and Tomlin had no qualms about it, with Art2 saying family should always be a priority. Munch easily got an interview and was hired by DEN, and lived real close to his daughter there in Denver. With the move, he was also just four hours away from his other daughter.

As Sask details above, the ignorant Dumb *** whose BS opinion about the subject is just hearsay and doesn't hold water. It actually quantifies his hidden lovefest for Tomlin, mimicking guy crushes from the middle school days.

If he did the college breakfast guest speaker like Payton did here last spring They are filling a room at 150 a pop. For sure.

Sask, Munch has done speaking engagements for years since his retirement as a player. I know he’s done the typical excellence in sports/character for non-professional entities (high schools, college, etc.) in Nashville, Scranton and as an alumni at Penn State. Co-workers in Scranton have seen him back in the late/early 2000’s when he would hit graduation circuits before NFL training camps began. He is a very humble guy who says he more of a teacher than a coach. Class act.

Sask, Munch has done speaking engagements for years since his retirement as a player. I know he’s done the typical excellence in sports/character for non-professional entities (high schools, college, etc.) in Nashville, Scranton and as an alumni at Penn State. Co-workers in Scranton have seen him back in the late/early 2000’s when he would hit graduation circuits before NFL training camps began. He is a very humble guy who says he more of a teacher than a coach. Class act.
I'm not pitting Munch vs. Tomlin. Lloyd said 10 people would have a beer with Tomlin. I'm saying he would fill a room. Easy.