• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seumalo Injury

Is Muncheck even in NFL football anymore ???

I highly doubt Munch will ever be back, regardless of Coach Tomlin’s whereabouts.

Salute the nation
This....how many years have we seen people talking about bringing back Munch? Crazy.

I like McCormick also.
I watched Tomlins press conference today and he said Spencer Anderson will be starting at guard.
Welcome to Shades world of player mismanagement, we got Moore starting at LT for his 4th year. Way to go Mediocre Mike! Another near .500 season on its way!

Canada was an unknown mostly, Smith has a very good track record at the NFL level as an OC. He only had issues trying to be the head coach and the OC with no QB's worth anything in ATL. There is no comparison between their resumes, at all.
I never said their resumes were similar. I'm just saying that many in this fan base were saying the same thing about Canada when he was first hired.

I never said their resumes were similar. I'm just saying that many in this fan base were saying the same thing about Canada when he was first hired.
I was hopeful for Canada certainly. I have far more confidence with Smith.

I was hopeful for Canada certainly. I have far more confidence with Smith.
It all depends how much they told Shades to stay out of his way; Shades has killed offensive coordinators before.

That to me has been more a product of the play calling than the line coaching.
Play calling certainly did not help, but there were a lot of free defensive players coming through. I watched a few people break down some line play and they said some guys were being asked to do too much and there seemed to be some communication issues as well, like 2 guys blocking the same person while letting the guy next to him come in free. To me that is mostly coaching. I think they should have simplified the blocking scheme instead of trying to pound a square peg in a round hole.

Welcome to Shades world of player mismanagement, we got Moore starting at LT for his 4th year. Way to go Mediocre Mike! Another near .500 season on its way!
I agree about the mismanagement sometimes but it is way to early to predict another .500 season.

Attachments

• 42829.png
    42829.png
    766.9 KB · Views: 3
How many practices have you been observing that Anderson isn't better than McCormick - right now??? I'd wager to say, "NONE".

But, yes, court jester, entertain us!!!

There are to many new factors.
I have to see these guys play a few games.
That's certainly not a good indicator either. Last year we got slobberknockered week 1 by SF, it wasn't even close. We followed that up with an a$$ reaming by Houston, some close wins to Rams, Titans and GB and the unGodly losses to two 2-10 teams (AZ & Pats) in a row, never before had the franchise played so lowly. Who could have predicted a 3-game winning streak to end the season and up up 10-7? Yes, it took playing Cinci with backup QB, and playing Balt's backups, but the 3-game win streak was a surprise. I'm just saying, you never know.

That's certainly not a good indicator either. Last year we got slobberknockered week 1 by SF, it wasn't even close. We followed that up with an a$$ reaming by Houston, some close wins to Rams, Titans and GB and the unGodly losses to two 2-10 teams (AZ & Pats) in a row, never before had the franchise played so lowly. Who could have predicted a 3-game winning streak to end the season and up up 10-7? Yes, it took playing Cinci with backup QB, and playing Balt's backups, but the 3-game win streak was a surprise. I'm just saying, you never know.
Minkah was out for how many games last season??? Waiting for your intelligent response...

How many practices have you been observing that Anderson isn't better than McCormick - right now??? I'd wager to say, "NONE".

But, yes, court jester, entertain us!!!
I liked what I've seen from Anderson and glad he's still on the team
I like what I'm seeing from McCormick so far

This is a good "problem" to have 2 potentially solid young interior line players
Nice to be building some depth on the OL finally

I liked what I've seen from Anderson and glad he's still on the team
I like what I'm seeing from McCormick so far

This is a good "problem" to have 2 potentially solid young interior line players
Nice to be building some depth on the OL finally
Spencer comes out MD, Shades' favorite.

what you sound like you are saying is that a Tomlin led team stumbled out of the gate looking ill prepared and then later in the season somehow found a way to drop games to some of the biggest tomato cans in the league and needed a ton of help down the stretch

Stop me if you've seen that story before haha...it was easy to predict that happening last year (which I did) as I had seen that story before
Past performance being a good indicator of future performance once again
rinse and repeat

to me the only questions are:
A) what is a 10-7 record
B) what is a 9-8 record
C) what is a 8-8-1 record

Yes Alex I'll take what will be Tomlin's record this year for 500

He is who we think he is

what you sound like you are saying is that a Tomlin led team stumbled out of the gate looking ill prepared and then later in the season somehow found a way to drop games to some of the biggest tomato cans in the league and needed a ton of help down the stretch

Stop me if you've seen that story before haha...it was easy to predict that happening last year (which I did) as I had seen that story before
Past performance being a good indicator of future performance once again
rinse and repeat

to me the only questions are:
A) what is a 10-7 record
B) what is a 9-8 record
C) what is a 8-8-1 record

Yes Alex I'll take what will be Tomlin's record this year for 500

He is who we think he is
And, what will his record get in the playoffs? A big fat 0.

Ever before? I think you are ignoring our entire history before 1971 and also much of the 80’s and early 90’s.