• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seumalo Injury

I'm not pitting Munch vs. Tomlin. Lloyd said 10 people would have a beer with Tomlin. I'm saying he would fill a room. Easy.

👍🏻 Oh, definitely he would.

Mr. Dumb *** himself would also be one of those standing in line to get in. He isn’t fooling anyone.

Last edited:
It also improved around the same time in Meyer's first year with the team and Canada was the OC then.
The OL has not been ready at the beginning of any year since Munch; always needs time to "gel" since Munch.

Well, Canada started in 2021? Some would argue it was Tomlin's play calling by then. Has it changed with Smith? We shall soon see. If it's more hyper predictable, fear of throwing in the middle I guess we will know.
The entire reason for hiring Smith is his use of multiple plays and options from the same formations allowing for less predictability.

The entire reason for hiring Smith is his use of multiple plays and options from the same formations allowing for less predictability.
Right, that's the "plan." We shall see how much of it is actually achieved with Shades looming around. It's quite possible, as with the chopping of Kenny, that Tomlin has been ordered to change up his ways and has been forced to. He may well have been put on notice to keep the **** out of the offensive plans and we will see something less predictable.

Right, that's the "plan." We shall see how much of it is actually achieved with Shades looming around. It's quite possible, as with the chopping of Kenny, that Tomlin has been ordered to change up his ways and has been forced to. He may well have been put on notice to keep the **** out of the offensive plans and we will see something less predictable.
Lets hope so.

It also improved around the same time in Meyer's first year with the team and Canada was the OC then.

I don't thin Meyer is a top OL candidate. I think he is familiar with the Tomlin way.

There has to be better OL coaching out there, but Coach Tomlin like familiarity.

The times those OL seemed to improve was mid to late season, any OL should be showing improvement at that stage of the season. It's the earlier in the season that good coaching can make things "GEL" much sooner. Look around the league, we are historically slow in the GEL department.

Salute the nation

Tough call, but my gut says McCormick is going to be special.
I believe he had really good numbers on the short shuttle or something like that and it translates well to good NFL OL. I'm excited for his future.

I don't thin Meyer is a top OL candidate. I think he is familiar with the Tomlin way.

There has to be better OL coaching out there, but Coach Tomlin like familiarity.

The times those OL seemed to improve was mid to late season, any OL should be showing improvement at that stage of the season. It's the earlier in the season that good coaching can make things "GEL" much sooner. Look around the league, we are historically slow in the GEL department.

Salute the nation
I believe you're right on with this. Also, not that it's a major deal, but I'm almost certain it should be "jell" not "gel."

I believe you're right on with this. Also, not that it's a major deal, but I'm almost certain it should be "jell" not "gel."

Pending on what world you are in at the time I wrote that post...............................................................

Salute the nation

Part of the reason COULD be to have a competent in-house replacement for Shades on the staff so after he stacks another 9-8 this year they can trade him for another teams 25, 26 and 27 first rounders since he is Sooooo valuable to every other team in the league and they will be lined up around the corner to acquire him (that one’s for the dreamers)

Part of the reason could be he interviewed well and they liked his moral character

Part of the reason could be they needed an experienced OC and he was willing

Part of the reason could be accepted what they were willing to pay

Could be a million different reasons

You don’t know the entire reason, it’s PURE SPECULATION…
Reminds me of some other posting here about the reasons behind decisions

I wouldn’t be so sure he’ll actually be allowed to run his offense without obstruction from above so while your reason may hold some truth to it I highly doubt that is the sole reason…but much like you neither of really knows what goes on behind the decision… this is the sort of pure speculation Lloyd gets ridiculed for

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel like I heard the same thing about Matt Canada. Or at the very least, something similar.
I thought the reason they hired Canada was his crayon assortment. He had this one nice shade of Jet Blue….

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I feel like I heard the same thing about Matt Canada. Or at the very least, something similar.
Canada was an unknown mostly, Smith has a very good track record at the NFL level as an OC. He only had issues trying to be the head coach and the OC with no QB's worth anything in ATL. There is no comparison between their resumes, at all.

I thought the reason they hired Canada was his crayon assortment. He had this one nice shade of Jet Blue….

Close slash, He was actually one crayon short in his 8 crayon set……

B-U-T

He had the only crayon sharpener that was built into the box………….. That was the REAL reason.!!!

Salute the nation

B-U-T

He had the only crayon sharpener that was built into the box………….. That was the REAL reason.!!!

Salute the nation
You can’t go wrong with those crayon sharpeners, I hear he thought the shavings was delicious and would sprinkle them on his salad.

B-U-T

Salute the nation

Whoaaaa! Hold a second Drink, the speculation was that Canada had a fabulous Ultimate 156 Crayon Collection including the rare “Laser Lemon” color! The Ultimate Collection includes not only a sharpener, but also a superb collection stand. Obviously he meant business in diagraming plays in the playbook! But of course this all pure anecdotal on my part. 👍🏻

Tough call, but my gut says McCormick is going to be special.
I like McCormick also.
I watched Tomlins press conference today and he said Spencer Anderson will be starting at guard.

Whoaaaa! Hold a second Drink, the speculation was that Canada had a fabulous Ultimate 156 Crayon Collection including the rare “Laser Lemon” color! The Ultimate Collection includes not only a sharpener, but also a superb collection stand. Obviously he meant business in diagraming plays in the playbook! But of course this all pure anecdotal on my part. 👍🏻

That was the overall miss-conception, not just by media, but al;so by fans themselves. The “eye lids” being cut off and the questionable vision forward can be adhered to that thought process.

Matt, not from economical hardship, but by mental capacity limits, was ONLY able to handle 8 set crayons. He his father broke the “Laser Lemon” crayola and garbages it as an example of the “garbage time” future Matt was headed for. In Matts defense, Dad recognized that Matt could handle the addition of the built in sharpener, minus the single crayola.

Coach Tomlin, being the motivator that he is, bought Matt a full 8 set with the “chromed” in box sharpener. As many here could tell, Matt just couldn’t progress further with the added burden of the 8th crayola. Coach Tomlin kept encouraging him for near 3 years………………… and the rest of the story is history in the books.

Salute the nation