• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seumalo Injury

Not sure a second-year player drafted in the 7th is that much more of a sure bet.
It isn’t. I just think they think he knows what he is doing and won’t have the mental mistakes.

Ever before? I think you are ignoring our entire history before 1971 and also much of the 80’s and early 90’s.
Lotta lean years there

How many years in a row did the Steelers go without drafting a player way back in the day? That was an interesting strategy

The Tomlin mediocrity era has been an upgrade from those times for sure

It isn’t. I just think they think he knows what he is doing and won’t have the mental mistakes.
Before I forget I read somewhere he has a chance to be back sooner than they where projecting as soon as game 2. We shall see but that would be nice…

Lotta lean years there

How many years in a row did the Steelers go without drafting a player way back in the day? That was an interesting strategy

The Tomlin mediocrity era has been an upgrade from those times for sure
From the era pre-1971 I will give you, who wouldn't? But I would be remiss including those other eras as inferior to Shades' era. The 80's and 90's saw us with some winning records AND some PLAYOFF wins, something Tomlin has not delivered in 7 years and counting. And those eras has good defenses and lock solid OL play - something that's been missing in recent Tomlin eras.

From the era pre-1971 I will give you, who wouldn't? But I would be remiss including those other eras as inferior to Shades' era. The 80's and 90's saw us with some winning records AND some PLAYOFF wins, something Tomlin has not delivered in 7 years and counting. And those eras has good defenses and lock solid OL play - something that's been missing in recent Tomlin eras.
We won no Super Bowls in those Eras, Tomlin has. He has a .633 winning percentage in this era, and he has only coached one game in which we have been eliminated from the playoffs before kickoff. That is better than the 80's or 90's no matter how much you try to say otherwise.

We won no Super Bowls in those Eras, Tomlin has. He has a .633 winning percentage in this era, and he has only coached one game in which we have been eliminated from the playoffs before kickoff. That is better than the 80's or 90's no matter how much you try to say otherwise.
OL there, whatever you say; Tomlin has been sans a playoff victory for 7 years, and lost 4 of them in that span. But he's done fabulous. :pound:

The Tomlin mediocrity era unofficially started the season they lost to Tebow in the playoffs, right? That is 8 playoff appearances in 13 years (very good), but only won a playoff game in 2 of those seasons and had a playoff record of 3-8. Also, 4 division titles and 1 AFC Championship game appearance.

I am too young to remember much of the 80s and really got into watching in the 90s. 6 playoffs in 10 years winning a playoff game in 4 of 6 seasons and a 5-6 playoff record. 5 division titles, 3 AFC Championship and 1 Super Bowl appearance.

The Tomlin mediocrity era also had stretches of historically bad Steelers defenses and then historically bad Steelers offenses, and a historically long stretch without a playoff win. The 90s blows away this current era of mediocre Steelers football.

totally off topic bro, just noticed the dog in your pic looks almost exactly like mine
what breed is he/she? got mine as a rescue and only know he's a hound dog mix