• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Should We Be Having Kids In The Age Of Climate Change?

Spike

Reaction score
100 pages

not

Standing before several dozen students in a college classroom, Travis Rieder tries to convince them not to have children. Or at least not too many.

He's at James Madison University in southwest Virginia to talk about a "small-family ethic" — to question the assumptions of a society that sees having children as good

Why question such assumptions? The prospect of climate catastrophe.

For years, people have lamented how bad things might get "for our grandchildren," but Rieder tells the students that future isn't so far off anymore.

He asks how old they will be in 2036, and, if they are thinking of having kids, how old their kids will be.

"Dangerous climate change is going to be happening by then," he says. "Very, very soon.

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/479349760/should-we-be-having-kids-in-the-age-of-climate-change

-----------------------

Abortionist too, no doubt

Just a heads up, you multiplying fornicators

Your seeds are DOOMED!

The scariest thing I've ever heard is that poor, less educated people are having more children and having them earlier whereas wealthier, more educated people are having less children later, or not having them at all. God help us!

He should be preaching to trailer parks and inner city neighborhoods.

The scariest thing I've ever heard is that poor, less educated people are having more children and having them earlier whereas wealthier, more educated people are having less children later, or not having them at all.

Always been that way - always. Capitalism is the best birth control method ever

The United States has absolutely no issue with birth rates. Our population is growing solely due to immigration.

That said, the stupid reproduce at vastly greater rates than the intelligent. Forget the stupid movie by the same title - the theory is called "idiocracy," and is a compelling description of how this undeniable, unavoidable truth is destined to flood our population with dolts and losers ...

Known as Democrats.

Forget the stupid movie by the same title - the theory is called "idiocracy," and is a compelling description of how this undeniable, unavoidable truth is destined to flood our population with dolts and losers ...

I think you meant to write the utterly genius movie.

the biggest threat to my kids future is liberal morons running every facet of their ******* lives. Big nasty controlling money sucking government with endless red tape and asinine politically correct horseshit for the lunatic fringe.

The flipside of this is that the left wall next say we don't have enough population growth to ensure cheap labor and a pool of participants paying into Social Security to pay for those at the top of the pyramid. It all ties together in a power game that allows them to remain the ruling class. In other words it's all a big pro wrestling style work.

The United States has absolutely no issue with birth rates.

It's who is having kids.

I can think of 40 or so friends, relatives or co-workers that are over 35, heterosexual, college educated, democrat and republican, professionals who don't have kids, some of whom have no intentions of ever having kids. Some are married.

That demographic was very small 30-40 years ago. I can't think of anyone I knew as a kid that fit that demographic.

The birth rate isn't declining, something is offsetting it.

The birth rate isn't declining, something is offsetting it.

Indeed some just don't want the expense and responsability of having and rearing children. Plus there is a large segment of young men that will not risk losing everything and being turned into a wage slave via divorce and family court laws by marrying and having children. The people who are smart enough to not breed kids they can't afford are still duped into paying for kids bred by people who aren't.

Indeed some just don't want the expense and responsability of having and rearing children. Plus there is a large segment of young men that will not risk losing everything and being turned into a wage slave via divorce and family court laws by marrying and having children. The people who are smart enough to not breed kids they can't afford are still duped into paying for kids bred by people who aren't.
Yeah, a lot easier just to kill them.

Should definitely not have liberal kids.

spay-neuter-liberals.jpg

Reactions: MTC
The scariest thing I've ever heard is that poor, less educated people are having more children and having them earlier whereas wealthier, more educated people are having less children later, or not having them at all. God help us!

Eh. When you're poor and bored. You're gonna do baby making to pass the time

the biggest threat to my kids future is liberal morons running every facet of their ******* lives. Big nasty controlling money sucking government with endless red tape and asinine politically correct horseshit for the lunatic fringe.

Yep!

Eh. When you're poor and bored. You're gonna do baby making to pass the time

I always thought it would be fun to move to the projects and not tell anyone I've had a vasectomy.

Should definitely not have liberal kids.

but they will definitely be taught by liberals in school

Elementary teachers barred from calling students ‘boys and girls’

A New Mexico elementary school is causing a local stir with a new gender-inclusive policy some are calling unnecessary and “outlandish.”

Carlos Rey Elementary School teachers recently received an advisory from officials indicating a notably liberal interpretation of the Albuquerque school district’s recent transgender bathroom policy.

In addition to giving students the freedom to choose the facilities they find most accommodating, the Gender Identity Procedural Directive also lays out a stifling speech code for teachers to abide.

Among the new requirements is a cessation of words like “boy” and “girl” in the classroom.

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...students-as-lsquoboys-and-girlsrsquo/4240210/

It's who is having kids.

I can think of 40 or so friends, relatives or co-workers that are over 35, heterosexual, college educated, democrat and republican, professionals who don't have kids, some of whom have no intentions of ever having kids. Some are married.

I hear 'ya. I believe that quite frequently, intelligent, healthy women build their careers, wait to have kids until they are financially successful, and due to the variety of birth control methods used - most notably, the pill - wind up not being able to get pregnant at age 37 or 38. I would be willing to wager that some of your compatriots who are saying they never wanted kids actually just cannot have them because they waited so long.

I hear 'ya. I believe that quite frequently, intelligent, healthy women build their careers, wait to have kids until they are financially successful, and due to the variety of birth control methods used - most notably, the pill - wind up not being able to get pregnant at age 37 or 38. I would be willing to wager that some of your compatriots who are saying they never wanted kids actually just cannot have them because they waited so long.

I offended a Bernie-backer co-worker who is in her early 30s and living with her boyfriend. She mentioned how they are having too much fun traveling to get married and have kids anytime soon. I mentioned how it's not advised to wait much past her current age. She found that quite sexist and refused to acknowledge medical fact.

I also have friends, the male half of which let it be known he didn't want kids. She "convinced" him and they discovered he had low sperm count. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of IVF attempts didn't work. I suspect before any of that he may have had a secret vasectomy... and it turned out costing him a lot more than he ever expected.

but they will definitely be taught by liberals in school

Elementary teachers barred from calling students ‘boys and girls’

A New Mexico elementary school is causing a local stir with a new gender-inclusive policy some are calling unnecessary and “outlandish.”

Carlos Rey Elementary School teachers recently received an advisory from officials indicating a notably liberal interpretation of the Albuquerque school district’s recent transgender bathroom policy.

In addition to giving students the freedom to choose the facilities they find most accommodating, the Gender Identity Procedural Directive also lays out a stifling speech code for teachers to abide.

Among the new requirements is a cessation of words like “boy” and “girl” in the classroom.

http://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news...students-as-lsquoboys-and-girlsrsquo/4240210/

If I was a teacher in that district and I got that mandate from my bosses I would follow it......and I would be a total ******* douche about it. I would begin addressing students with things like "Good morning non gender specific individuals" and I would make damn sure I talked that way about them to parents during parent teacher conferences. "Your non gender specific individual is a fine example of gender neutral excellence". When all the parents asked me what the hell my problem was, I would tell them that this is the way I am required to address their children now.

I'm not sure how much "fun" that would be, considering various sexually transmitted diseases.

Some people, like Ron Jeremy, are immune.

I hear dat...

vTQIsnI.jpg

If I was a teacher in that district and I got that mandate from my bosses I would follow it......and I would be a total ******* douche about it. I would begin addressing students with things like "Good morning non gender specific individuals" and I would make damn sure I talked that way about them to parents during parent teacher conferences. "Your non gender specific individual is a fine example of gender neutral excellence". When all the parents asked me what the hell my problem was, I would tell them that this is the way I am required to address their children now.

At work these days instead of say "you da man", I always say "you da non-gender specific being who inhabits this planet." I used to use "person" instead of "being", but I realized I was being specieist (sp?).

At work these days instead of say "you da man", I always say "you da non-gender specific being who inhabits this planet." I used to use "person" instead of "being", but I realized I was being specieist (sp?).