• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Show of Hands....

Do you actually hunt with a military style semi-auto weapon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It will be pretty tough trying to hold off terrorists while I'm furiously masturbating over my gun, though.

YOU FOUND IT?!?! DID YOU FIND MINE, TOO?!!??!
Send me a PM where you found it!!!!!!

So in my mind have any type of gun that looks any way you want. You just don't need a magazine that shoots more than 7 shots before it has to be reloaded.

why the **** do I need to reload my magazine after 7 shots at the range just so a drippy ***** scared of a gun who is not at the range won't get chaffed? I pay for range time by the hour. stopping to reload a magazine after 7 rounds is bullshit and a waste of my time. So I'd just buy a **** ton of 7-round magazines, and load them all up before I go. Right?

you do realize that even with the magical number of 7-shots per mag that these would then be taped together so that they can be flipped around, right?

it's already done. all you're arguing is smaller capacity magazines.

That's one of the most asinine aspects of the entire argument. for ****'s sake, some handgun magazines hold far more than 7 rounds. Coinky dink, the Orlando shooter had a Glock that held more than 7 rounds per magazine. Oh, sorry ... "clip".

So what are you going to do about the magazines already in circulation? confiscate them?

From what I understand, Adam Lanza was able to switch magazines something like 6 times during the approximately 5 minutes he was in Sandy Hook. Meanwhile James Holmes had a 100 round drum that jammed, likely saving some lives. It seems to me for someone with knowledge of guns, size of the magazine is pretty irrelevant.

From what I understand, Adam Lanza was able to switch magazines something like 6 times during the approximately 5 minutes he was in Sandy Hook. Meanwhile James Holmes had a 100 round drum that jammed, likely saving some lives. It seems to me for someone with knowledge of guns, size of the magazine is pretty irrelevant.

It is.

A drill that people do that doesn't require firing the weapon is to change mags. You don't look at your hands or the piece you just change magazines by feel as quickly as you can.

WOLVERINE. Was Red Dawn on HBO 6 last night. **** dude you can have an AR-15. You can have virtually what ever you like. If you are actually talking about someone standing up to the US government with use of force you aren't even dreaming or hallucinating. I don't know what that is. Not only to they have technology and weapons they have training and know how. You might as well say you and your buddies who play flag football on the weekend are going to take on the Pittsburgh Steelers in a game of tackle. I'm not disputing the fact that governments kill people. I'm saying if your government actually turned on you, you are dead as **** anyhow. So what is the point in actually considering that.

What percentage of the gun owning population is comprised of combat experienced veterans? How well do you think it will go over with men who by and large come from families with a history of service that also just happen to be gun owners to get an order to fire on civilians? Have you ever served, are you familiar with the terms correlation of forces and "Hugging the Belt"? Unless you know the answers to those things you really have negative knowledge of the subject.

What percentage of the gun owning population is comprised of combat experienced veterans? How well do you think it will go over with men who by and large come from families with a history of service that also just happen to be gun owners to get an order to fire on civilians? Have you ever served, are you familiar with the terms correlation of forces and "Hugging the Belt"? Unless you know the answers to those things you really have negative knowledge of the subject.
So just in summary you are calculating that more white skinned people will refuse to fight in this battle where some white people having felt the guilt of white preference turn to brown skinned people to take over power. And because many of these people are battle hardened you will prevail against your evil government.
That is a great story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you even realize how ******* stupid and callous you are when you write your ****. You are actually talking about how easy it was for that young man to kill young children with a gun against likely maybe 5 men 12 women and a bunch of kids. Yeah I imagine that was pretty easy. **** I hope you get stuck in that situation and see how it goes for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok...everythings cool....some psycho daisy 'roided out wanna be cop with a self loathing **** dealio, an ex CIA Muj for a daddy and a couple FBI look see's about which Imam he talked to caused the death of 50 humans and ****** up another 50+ more because he was able to somehow legally purchase a precision made machine meant for nothing but killing humans.

But no one here will ever shoot up a public establishment.

Posing this ridiculous gotcha thread to law abiding citizens is moot and irrelevant, so I don't even know why anyone here is even wasting their time patronizing you.

Again it is being made a "gun problem" by liberals when it is a Muslim extremism problem. It's not a gun problem in the inner cities either, it's a thug problem.

So just in summary you are calculating that more white skinned people will refuse to fight in this battle where some white people having felt the guilt of white preference turn to brown skinned people to take over power. And because many of these people are battle hardened you will prevail against your evil government.
That is a great story.

That wasn't a summary. It was nearly the same length as the post you responded to.

Secondly, I don't think he said anything of the sort. Rather than you summarizing you were distorting with innuendo.

That wasn't a summary. It was nearly the same length as the post you responded to.

Secondly, I don't think he said anything of the sort. Rather than you summarizing you were distorting with innuendo.
Well Stewey. Why don't you tell me what exactly he was saying. My point is that your government will never turn on you cause you pay the taxes and if they did there is sweet **** you could actually do about it anyways. But why exactly would they turn on you?

That is a great story.

Not even close. Not even a good attempt to make this about race. You are a Canadian right?

Then what exactly would it be about. Your government turning on you to force you into some liberal cause. They wI'll force you into gender reassignment. Or will it be a Terminator scenario and the computers will take over. So if it is not a race war what is this scenario where you will need large magazines to fight your government? And please be specific.

. **** I hope you get stuck in that situation and see how it goes for you.
Is that what you hope for? How hard are you hoping that happens? A little..a lot?

Do you even realize how ******* stupid and callous you are when you write your ****. You are actually talking about how easy it was for that young man to kill young children with a gun against likely maybe 5 men 12 women and a bunch of kids. Yeah I imagine that was pretty easy. **** I hope you get stuck in that situation and see how it goes for you.

What the **** are you talking about? I'm not saying it's a good thing he was able to do that. I'm simply saying the fact that he had several smaller magazines did not make it any more difficult for him to kill large amounts of people than if he had a larger one. The fact that James Holmes had a larger magazine may have saved some lives. So if you really care about saving lives why not talk about something that actually might have that effect?

The reality is it's not hard to get a gun, legally or illegally. It's not hard to get any kind of magazine you want, legally or illegally. If you have small magazines, you can just carry multiple magazines, or even multiple, pre-loaded weapons. No laws that makes these shootings a little teensy bit more difficult for someone who's willing to have his brains blown out is going to have any effect. The only gun law that could possibly have an effect is a complete and total ban on all semi-automatic weapons and the government going around confiscating all of the weapons and large capacity magazines in existence. So unless that's what you're advocating for shut the **** up...You are just one of the idiot chorus screaming "we have to do something!" even if that something is meaningless, someone who wants to use tragedies to score political points.

I have three kids myself so believe me Sandy Hook fills me with horror. But you hope I get stuck in a mass shooting. Nice, and I'm callous? **** you.

Last edited:
WATCH OUT FOR THE AR-47! It’s SUPER DANGEROUS!"

Dick Durbin Says No Self-Respecting Sportsman Uses an 'AR-47' to Hunt Deer in Illinois

Every word that left Dick Durbin’s mouth made him look like a complete jackass. He claimed that no self-respecting sportsman in his home state of Illinois would ever use an ‘AR-47’ to hunt deer.

Senator Durbin is actually correct for two major reasons.

First of all, there’s no such thing as an ‘AR-47.’ There’s an AR-15. There’s an AK-47. But nope, no AR-47’s. So clearly nobody could ever use a rifle to hunt deer that doesn’t even exist. Sorry Dick.

Secondly, under state law, it’s illegal to hunt deer in Illinois with any rifle. Let alone ‘Dick’s’ fictitious ‘AR-47.’ Illinois has a whitetail archery season, muzzle loader season and a shotgun season. But no rifle season. Sorry again Dick.

Finally, and perhaps the most important, the second amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting!

http://buzzpo.com/dick-durbin-says-no-self-respecting-sportsman-uses-ar-47-hunt-deer-illinois/

Unfortunately this is what we have to deal with in Washington. The law makers most against guns seem to be the the most clueless about those guns. Like swimming upstream after a hard rain, it is near impossible to argue with someone that doesn't hear anything you say.

Alan Grayson claims AR-15s can fire ‘700 rounds in a minute’ after Orlando attack

“If [Mr. Mateen] was not able to buy a weapon that shoots off 700 rounds in a minute, a lot of those people would still be alive,” the congressman said. “If somebody like him had nothing worse to deal with than a Glock pistol … he might have killed three or four people and not 50. It’s way too easy to kill people in America today, and we have to think long and hard about what to do about that.”

CNN’s Erin Burnett then replied, “You’re right about that.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/alan-grayson-claims-ar-15-rifles-can-fire-700-roun/

How can you possibly argue with that kind of logic ?

well, let's see...
“Let’s do some math here,” replied one reader. “700 rounds / 30 rounds per mag = 23.333 magazines. For round numbers, 23 mags. 60 seconds per minute / 23 magazines = 2.6 seconds per magazine. 30 rounds per mag / 2.6 seconds per magazine = 11.53 rounds per second. Not to mention, you’d have to sustain this for a full 60 seconds, no time factored for changing magazines. Wow. That’s impressive.”

Meanwhile Grayson's point has been broadcast and his fingers are in his ears while he does his LaLaLa recital. Game-set-match

Have you ever seen Alan Grayson or heard him speak?

He may be the stupidest SOB in public office. And that's saying something.

But even the stupid and ignorant an do damage if people believe the **** they spew.

Have you ever seen Alan Grayson or heard him speak?

He may be the stupidest SOB in public office. And that's saying something.

But even the stupid and ignorant an do damage if people believe the **** they spew.
Democrats can always count on the 47%.

Well Stewey. Why don't you tell me what exactly he was saying. My point is that your government will never turn on you cause you pay the taxes and if they did there is sweet **** you could actually do about it anyways. But why exactly would they turn on you?

You know Sask, if you're gonna be a loud mouthed dipshit, at least try to be accurate. OFTB isn't a HE, you dumbass.

Cracks me up how many ******** from the crooked right think all liberals want guns taken away. Hilariously off base...but keep digging...it's hilarious and sad as **** at the same time.

Cracks me up how many ******** from the crooked right think all liberals want guns taken away. Hilariously off base...but keep digging...it's hilarious and sad as **** at the same time.

Ok...you don't want guns taken away. What exactly is it you want and please explain how it has any effect whatsoever on gun violence. Please be factual and don't use terms like "assault weapon" if you don't know what that actually means. Please explain how an AR-15 is any more dangerous than any other semi-automatic rifle (or handgun for that matter), all of which are capable of shooting as fast as you are capable of pulling a trigger.. Please explain how having to take one to three seconds to change a clip is going to stop a mass shooter. Please explain what "common sense gun laws" that people keep screaming about actually are and what they would actually accomplish. All we ever hear from liberals is "I don't want to take all guns away, I just want to (insert completely ineffective useless rule or ban on virtually every modern weapon).

Last edited:

When Obama and Hillary stand up and say that Australia is a good model to follow, what else could that mean? Should we take them at their word or do they mean something else?

I swear so of you are willfully obtuse.

Can't get any clearer than this

JOE BIDEN CALLS FOR CIVILIAN BAN ON ASSAULT WEAPONS

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)

Vice President Joe Biden is calling for banning civilian ownership of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines following the mass shooting in Orlando.

Biden is responding to an online White House petition calling for AR-15 rifles to be banned. The petition was created hours after the shooting and merited an official White House response because it exceeded the required threshold of 100,000 signatures. As of Friday, the petition has more than 185,000 signatures.

To the creator and signers of this petition, I want to say this as plainly and clearly as possible: The President and I agree with you. Assault weapons and high-capacity magazines should be banned from civilian ownership.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-17-12-26-24

I still say Obama has stock in gun mfg. companies through some indirect and untraceable channel.