• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So....Are these images offfensive and disrespectful to our military?

Are these images disrespectful?

• Total voters

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Cope suggested we should post this and discuss. I agree. Should be interesting.

90.jpgimages.png

The buying code is "remember".

Trump never has been politically correct, but gets results.

I prefer to hang on a mans accomplishments over what comes out of their mouth.

If he wasn't road blocked he would have even accomplished more.

Plus he was on record with wanting people to stand for the flag. I would say that is in tone to what the majority of Americans want.

I can see image 2 being disrespectful - not so much for the President honoring fallen soldiers, but he combined it with what can only be called boasting of his own accomplishments.
It's like he's equating himself with those who gave their lives in service to the country. He made his post about him.

I can see image 2 being disrespectful - not so much for the President honoring fallen soldiers, but he combined it with what can only be called boasting of his own accomplishments.
It's like he's equating himself with those who gave their lives in service to the country. He made his post about him.

That's where I'm at. If he stops at the word "today" there is no issue. But as you said, he starts boasting about his accomplishments. There is a time and a place for that.

I can't see the image (get this message):

vBulletin Message
Steelworth, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

but if it was about his tweet that ended in "Nice!" about accomplishments, yeah, completely unnecessary and disrespectful I immediately thought.

I'm really not affected by either, as just about nothing gets to me. The first is a general money grab using Memorial Day as the reason to have a sale. I suppose it can be viewed as disrespectful, but if it was the exact same ad for Veterans Day, there would be zero issue.

As far as his tweet, everything is about Trump and his brand, so self promotion and ego are always part of what he does. It doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm more interested to know what our resident veterans think. Also a little interested to see how conservatives react to perceived disrespect aimed at the military. Trump has no problem aiming disrespect to the left, this is a rare incident where the right ends up being targeted.

That's where I'm at. If he stops at the word "today" there is no issue. But as you said, he starts boasting about his accomplishments. There is a time and a place for that.

I know you're a vet Sarge, do you have a problem with the term "Happy Memorial Day!" ?

I'm really not affected by either, as just about nothing gets to me. The first is a general money grab using Memorial Day as the reason to have a sale. I suppose it can be viewed as disrespectful, but if it was the exact same ad for Veterans Day, there would be zero issue.

As far as his tweet, everything is about Trump and his brand, so self promotion and ego are always part of what he does. It doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm more interested to know what our resident veterans think. Also a little interested to see how conservatives react to perceived disrespect aimed at the military. Trump has no problem aiming disrespect to the left, this is a rare incident where the right ends up being targeted.

I have to disagree with it being a money grab. I assume there was a Trump store prior to Memorial Day, and the store gave a Memorial Day discount. I find it hypocritical that the people bitching about the Trump Store Memorial Day Discount were probably out enjoying the sales at Kohls, Bed Bath and Beyond or whatever stores they went to. And the proceeds from any sales likely go toward re-election or supporting other candidates. And people know this. Just another reason to be mad at Trump.

The Democrats have a store also. Don't know if they did a discount for Memorial Day, but I doubt it just opened today.

Last edited:
I know you're a vet Sarge, do you have a problem with the term "Happy Memorial Day!" ?

I don't care for it to be honest. For many, it is not a happy day. I get more irritated at the people who confuse Memorial Day and Veterans Day, like they are interchangeable or even the same thing. We used to be taught the difference. Now we are teaching kids a ****** up way to find the answer to 8+2 by starting with 8+5, and that your gender is fluid even though you have a penis. Our nation's history will be dead or re-written in another generation or two, and people still won't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, if they remember them at all.

Can't see it. When I click on it I am informed that I have insufficient privileges.

I thought about this some yesterday. I've always said it, but it never occurred to be as odd until yesterday.

I thought about this some yesterday. I've always said it, but it never occurred to be as odd until yesterday.

Thought about this some too now. It's obviously not a "Happy" day, but if you're wanting to address another person re: the day, I'm not real sure what you'd say? I never served but my dad's a Vietnam Vet & Grandfather was a WWII Vet so I don't take the situation lightly.

Reactions: MTC
It's not a day of reflection for many, but just a day off for a picnic and cookout "Happy Memorial Day" is just weird to say and see in writing.

Our nation's history will be dead or re-written in another generation or two, and people still won't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, if they remember them at all.

Don't remember exactly where I saw it but some random people were asked about Memorial Day and the responses had me cringing.

I said it three times that day.

For me I say it as I am celebrating good food, family, friends gathering, etc. Being able to choose what I want to do. All brought to you by soldiers who made it possible. So as it is a very sad day for lives lost. And for those wounded, etc.

But it also is a good day for what resulted.

Our freedom. I would say that is worthy of being called Happy Memorial Day.

I don't care for it to be honest. For many, it is not a happy day. I get more irritated at the people who confuse Memorial Day and Veterans Day, like they are interchangeable or even the same thing. We used to be taught the difference. Now we are teaching kids a ****** up way to find the answer to 8+2 by starting with 8+5, and that your gender is fluid even though you have a penis. Our nation's history will be dead or re-written in another generation or two, and people still won't know the difference between Memorial Day and Veterans Day, if they remember them at all.

Unfortunately there is a large younger crowd that cares less about either.

I can't see them. A lot of people in business capitalize on every holiday. Car dealers are horrible with that ****. This should really not be an exploited holiday whatsoever.

Neither is as offensive as The Trumpy Bear

Tacky and insensitive (par for the course). Not quite offensive. I can see what he's trying to say but he could have worded it better. My guess is he had little if anything to do with the merch ad...there are programs that generate that kind of stuff. That said his staff should be more on top of that kind of thing. He's the president for frig's sake.

Neither is offensive....what I find offensive is people finding the most mundane things "offensive" and making it into a major THING. Enough already!!!

This isn't a big deal....but it is insensitive to Vets, imho, to commercialize what should be a solemn, respectful observance..

Thought about this some too now. It's obviously not a "Happy" day, but if you're wanting to address another person re: the day, I'm not real sure what you'd say? I never served but my dad's a Vietnam Vet & Grandfather was a WWII Vet so I don't take the situation lightly.

Not really a happy day.
But it's an observance of those that died. They died to protect our way of living so there's that.
Everyone who has served dead and alive deserve the recognition and thanks. My opinion. Pretty much same as you. Have family members who have served. My grandparents never really talk about it though.

And I don't find the images offensive myself.
Life goes on