• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So obvious, even Cam agrees.

I got to say, Rooney and co. are getting enough "blow back" from this charade that they may be forced to go legit on the "QB competition" after all. Maybe. If the blow back continues. Hard to say.
To continue with the Tropic Thunder "theme" I have to say I don't really agree with you totally. And I say that because this team would have to go "full retard" if they think they are anywhere near competitive with Kenny or Mason. I don't think they are that far gone though.

Wilson is a smaller, quicker version of Ben with about the same arm strength. While Ben was better at holding on to the ball while moving in the pocket, (but taking the sack) Wilson has given up quite a few fumbles in that same situation. His escapability though and ability to create plays out of nothing even at his age now and ability to run is as good as Ben's was at 25.

You have to get him a big FA receiver though that can adapt to Wilson's game. Trippin Pickens and Drops Johnson are not good enough on their own. Pickens would excel with Wilson at QB, but you still need someone that can consistently get open during broken plays.

Tannehill would be the ideal choice to pair with Smith at OC, but Wilson has more upside IF he stays healthy and IF he takes better care of the ball in the pocket. Tanny will also cost more. Both have the possibility to make a run with this team, but I think Wilson's mobilty, his impressive ability to fling it 60+ yards without having his feet set and being friggin accurate, his ability to scramble toward either sideline and still be friggin accurate to any spot on the field is also impressive. To me he is more tempting as a choice. Again big downside: injury prone, and fumbles.

If they don't take either one though.....then yeah, full retard.

To continue with the Tropic Thunder "theme" I have to say I don't really agree with you totally. And I say that because this team would have to go "full retard" if they think they are anywhere near competitive with Kenny or Mason. I don't think they are that far gone though.

Wilson is a smaller, quicker version of Ben with about the same arm strength. While Ben was better at holding on to the ball while moving in the pocket, (but taking the sack) Wilson has given up quite a few fumbles in that same situation. His escapability though and ability to create plays out of nothing even at his age now and ability to run is as good as Ben's was at 25.

You have to get him a big FA receiver though that can adapt to Wilson's game. Trippin Pickens and Drops Johnson are not good enough on their own. Pickens would excel with Wilson at QB, but you still need someone that can consistently get open during broken plays.

Tannehill would be the ideal choice to pair with Smith at OC, but Wilson has more upside IF he stays healthy and IF he takes better care of the ball in the pocket. Tanny will also cost more. Both have the possibility to make a run with this team, but I think Wilson's mobilty, his impressive ability to fling it 60+ yards without having his feet set and being friggin accurate, his ability to scramble toward either sideline and still be friggin accurate to any spot on the field is also impressive. To me he is more tempting as a choice. Again big downside: injury prone, and fumbles.

If they don't take either one though.....then yeah, full retard.

That montage proved to me that Wilson is infinitely better at QB than Kenny ever thought of being. In 2 years of playing, Kenny doesn't even have 1/4th of the plays that RW had just last year. Not even close. And yes, I know KP has missed games in those 2 years - that's part of the problem: He's a China doll on top of sucking.