• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Specific expectations / wants, in tomorrow night’s game ?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I know many here have multiple scenario expectations for the up coming game.

1) Zack Frazier starting center play.

2) actual play ability differential between QB Wilson VS QB Fields. How much separates them?

3) Cam Heyward dominance, due to his pie-hole speak, earlier in the year. I hope he shows well.

5) Special Teams improvement.

What are you looking for, keeping an eye on, hoping to see?

Salute the nation

I don't really expect much as far as play calling, it is preseason and you don't want to tip you hand so to speak. But......

I would like to see Wilson get a chance to air a few out so we can see what he still has left. I am really hoping that by the end of the season other teams are saying. "that's Russel Wilson's bird."

I also want to see Najee get a few more carries.

I know it's preseason but I would love to see this high dollar defense pitch a shut out, starters against starters.

I missed the first game so I want to see the rookies especially Troy and Zach. OL is going to be a key to offensive success so hoping for a huge improvement.
I'd like to see Fields step up in the pocket and want an improvement in the secondary.
More than anything I'd like a good look at the new OC's scheme but as warriors42 mentioned, not likely to see much of the new stuff until week 1.

I didn't pay attention to anything relating to playing time, so if they talked about this I apologize. I want to see Wilson with the starters for an entire quarter and Fields with the starters for a quarter. I actually want to see Fields get a lot of action.

Put the starting OL in there. Straight up, I want Jones at LT and whoever at RT until Fautanu is healthy. Frazier at starting center.

I didn't pay attention to anything relating to playing time, so if they talked about this I apologize. I want to see Wilson with the starters for an entire quarter and Fields with the starters for a quarter. I actually want to see Fields get a lot of action.

Put the starting OL in there. Straight up, I want Jones at LT and whoever at RT until Fautanu is healthy. Frazier at starting center.
Cannot see them exposing all the Starters like thet for the entire first half but do get your point. Thing is it's all decided anyhow no matter what they say. And either Wilson gets hurt or plays very poorly early when it matters. Otherwise Fields doesn't see Fields. Except from sideline.

I want an injury free game for both teams.
I want to see Russ take command of this offense and put some points on the board.
I want to see Zack Frazier and Broderick Jones play well.
Anxious to see if Van Jefferson can ball out at the number two therefore taking freeing up George.
Would be nice to see some solid running game.
Would like to see Justin play well when he’s in there and please, no turnovers. Move the team put some points on the board.
I have to keep in mind that the offensive play calling will be willy vanilly but let’s move the ball and put some points on the board Russ and Justin.
Btw, I watched Kenny last night and he didn’t look to good against the Pats. 11-13 for only 67 yards and 0 TDs. Four sacks all in one half.
Looked like he did here which is not good. The other guy McKee looks like he will beat out Kenny for the backup.

Cannot see them exposing all the Starters like thet for the entire first half but do get your point. Thing is it's all decided anyhow no matter what they say. And either Wilson gets hurt or plays very poorly early when it matters. Otherwise Fields doesn't see Fields. Except from sideline.
This is more of a general comment, but if starters can't play 2 quarters of the "important" preseason game, just get rid of all preseason games.

This is more of a general comment, but if starters can't play 2 quarters of the "important" preseason game, just get rid of all preseason games.
They absolutely can. The second guess when you lose your number one Receiver, Edge player, DB, Tackle is endless though. They are evaluating the QBs every day. They have hundreds of hours of their game film. Plus they won't say it but they promised Wilson the start when he signed the contract. They are not risking these guys in a meaningless game when they've already made their decisions.

They absolutely can. The second guess when you lose your number one Receiver, Edge player, DB, Tackle is endless though. They are evaluating the QBs every day. They have hundreds of hours of their game film. Plus they won't say it but they promised Wilson the start when he signed the contract. They are not risking these guys in a meaningless game when they've already made their decisions.
I agree with this. It's nice to see the starters play, but there is a huge risk involved in having them play in a meaningless game. Our record without Watt speaks for itself and if we were to lose Pickens our WR group is not going to scare many defenses. Preseason is for the fringe guys trying to make a push

I agree with this. It's nice to see the starters play, but there is a huge risk involved in having them play in a meaningless game. Our record without Watt speaks for itself and if we were to lose Pickens our WR group is not going to scare many defenses. Preseason is for the fringe guys trying to make a push
I'm sure they would like to build some offensive cohesion. If any thing I'd probably let Russ go 3 or 4 series with Starters. Then it's back ups and Fields. The competition never was a competition. They more or less said so.

The offensive STARTERS linemen, need to play together. To bad on Fantanu, hope he is a go come season opener.

Salute the nation

Is it though? You better prepare your starters and get them ready. That isn’t an easy light switch as some suggest. They didn’t look prepared against the Niners last season. They looked downright silly.

Fans act like the risk is limited to preseason games. They practice in pads in training camp let’s get rid of that. They have no contact injuries let’s get rid of practice in general.

As long as the NFL has an approach to upcoming games you have to capitalize on what is allowed.

Because the top teams will.

What goes into championship seasons? Talent, coaching, and preparation.

You better maximize every area if you want maximum results.

Seriously fans who want playoff runs shouldn’t be advocating for puff preseasons. As then you will get to puff puff pass on anything substantial come the playoffs.

This isn’t a sport for the weak and timid. It is a sport for the thoroughbreds.

Centre Herbig out extended. Shoulder. Reasons why some guys just don't make it. Him and Feheko were waste of money signings. Guess the kid from South Dakota better work on his snaps.

What I would like to see is our O line assert itself. What I'm seeing is Jones being thrown around like a little kid. Twice in the first 3 drives he's been thrown back 3 or 4 yards with a simple push.

What I would like to see is our O line assert itself. What I'm seeing is Jones being thrown around like a little kid. Twice in the first 3 drives he's been thrown back 3 or 4 yards with a simple push.

I haven't seen a report that confirms this. I just saw a blurb that he refused to talk to reporters after game because he had to talk to the doc. Granted, I am only just now settling down to game reviews and may have missed something.
I agree. So far the report of an injury seems to be wishful thinking for a really substandard performance.

I haven't seen a report that confirms this. I just saw a blurb that he refused to talk to reporters after game because he had to talk to the doc. Granted, I am only just now settling down to game reviews and may have missed something.
I agree. So far the report of an injury seems to be wishful thinking for a really substandard performance.
I wouldn't the full blame of his play on an injury, but he does have an issue with his elbow and has been wearing a brace for it.

I wouldn't the full blame of his play on an injury, but he does have an issue with his elbow and has been wearing a brace for it.
I see the brace on his elbow...same type my son wore when he tore his UCL. not a fun thing to wear for sure, but if it is that bad that it impacts his play he should not even be in there. He is going to get a QB or RB killed if he keeps playing like that. At this point, I am hoping it was just a bad night for the young man and will rebound quickly.