• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Starbucks protests in Philadelphia

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone following this stuff? Fascinating. Two black men come into the store wanting to use the bathroom. Bathroom is for paying customers only. Black men do not buy anything and refuse to leave. Employee calls police. Police arrest black men. Now, Starbucks is racist with racist policies. Starbucks is going through all kinds of contortions to apologize for an employee that followed company policy. There may be more to the story, but the article doesn't spell that out. If anyone has more insight, I would love to hear it. I'm just trying to figure out why it seems like no one in America fells like they have to follow rules anymore, then act surprised when they get called on the carpet for it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/1...versial-arrest-chant-store-is-anti-black.html

Starbucks did nothing wrong. It's a business, not a charity or a shelter. They would have done the same thing if it was two white guys. EVERYTHING is racist these days.

It is important that nobody is ever offended ever again. Hell, I have been told bathroom is for paying customers only. What is the big deal? You move on, and not be an ******* about it.

Sent from my [device_name] using Steeler Nation mobile app

My black friends on FB are blowing up about this. Story I heard is that they were waiting for some other people to meet them. Regardless, it's funny when a Libtard company gets bashed by Libs.

My black friends on FB are blowing up about this. Story I heard is that they were waiting for some other people to meet them. Regardless, it's funny when a Libtard company gets bashed by Libs.

Ok, fine. Did they mention that, I wonder? Seems if they had told the people in the store "We are waiting for friends and we will order when they get here." or something to that effect, I can't imagine there would have been a big problem. Who knows?

I know one thing. People, protestors especially, don't wait much for facts to come out. Typically they take a very raw, unverified and usually inaccurate version of events and go full bore. Since this is such a big deal it seems, hopefully more will come out. If they told the people at the store they were waiting for friends before ordering and the people at the store still called police, I think that is a problem.

Just read an article on another site that says they were waiting for a friend. The friend arrived as they were being arrested. Somebody got some 'splaining to do.

Ok, fine. Did they mention that, I wonder? Seems if they had told the people in the store "We are waiting for friends and we will order when they get here." or something to that effect, I can't imagine there would have been a big problem. Who knows?

I know one thing. People, protestors especially, don't wait much for facts to come out. Typically they take a very raw, unverified and usually inaccurate version of events and go full bore. Since this is such a big deal it seems, hopefully more will come out. If they told the people at the store they were waiting for friends before ordering and the people at the store still called police, I think that is a problem.

You left out important facts man...initially you failed to mention the men were realtors and they were waiting for a client....the client, a white male shows up while the men are enaged by police and in the viceo (if you took time to watch it) the client asks why are they being arrested. Another witness (white lady) who filmed the ordeal states, "I was here the whole time, and they did nothing wrong".

Don't overlook the other piece not mentioned....there are patrons that frequent this same particular Starbucks and claimed they have spent time in this facility waiting for associates and never have they been asked to leave nor had cops called.

So please...review the video and collect facts and expand your viewing sources beyond Fox news. If you only source infotainment sources like Fox, you will remain in a fact-deficient bubble.

You left out important facts man...initially you failed to mention the men were realtors and they were waiting for a client....the client, a white male shows up while the men are enaged by police and in the viceo (if you took time to watch it) the client asks why are they being arrested. Another witness (white lady) who filmed the ordeal states, "I was here the whole time, and they did nothing wrong".

Don't overlook the other piece not mentioned....there are patrons that frequent this same particular Starbucks and claimed they have spent time in this facility waiting for associates and never have they been asked to leave nor had cops called.

So please...review the video and collect facts and expand your viewing sources beyond Fox news. If you only source infotainment sources like Fox, you will remain in a fact-deficient bubble.

Which is why I asked. The article posted didn't mention that stuff. Got lazy, figured I would ask here. Found the answer and posted as much, which you obviously failed to read.

Which is why I asked. The article posted didn't mention that stuff. Got lazy, figured I would ask here. Found the answer and posted as much, which you obviously failed to read.

As far as the video, the video does not stream at work. Internet kinda sucks here.

If it were two white guys it would have never made the news.

Did you know that Bill Cosby is now a victim?

my step daughter went to used the bathroom at a local pizza shop while we were waiting for AAA and they had her order a small pizza to use the facilities.

Reactions: MTC
Yea, he only drugged ugly chicks for sex. He needs therapy..

Ahhh see....there it is...so he doesn't get the benefit of doubt like ***** Grabber...so Bill is guilty and Trump is innocent of his allegations ?

Im done.....I just cant with you som'*******...lol.....have a grand wizard torch lighting afternoon.......

Ahhh see....there it is...so he doesn't get the benefit of doubt like ***** Grabber...so Bill is guilty and Trump is innocent of his allegations ?

Im done.....I just cant with you som'*******...lol.....have a grand wizard torch lighting afternoon.......

I don't agree with a lot of what blitzburghv5 says, but this is a fair point.

Good lord you are thin skinned. I think Fat Albert deserves his day in court. Innocent until proven guilty. I'm a little tired of the media always assuming someone is guilty first.

Fair point? I'm usually nodding in agreement with you but one guy was (allegedly) drugging multiple women then raping them and the other guy was talking about grabbing women by the *****. That's quite the difference.

Problem solved - buy product from said store, stay as long as you want.

the whataboutism is strong in this one

Problem solved - buy product from said store, stay as long as you want.

Exactly. I know everyone thinks any little nook and cranny can be used as their safe space for as long as they damn well please, but there is this thing called loitering and businesses still tend to try to deter it from time to time. I understand these gentlemen have done this before, but perhaps a newer employee was unfamiliar with them and when asked to purchase a product or wait somewhere else, the men gave serious attitude and they didn't know what else to do? In any case, mountain out of a molehill. Again. In the land of snowflakes.

Just had a latte-sipping co-worker of mine tell me Starbucks invites everyone in to use their internet in their pajamas and has done so for a while, so **** Starbucks.

Reactions: MTC

Should I douse the torches ?