• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Draft Show Spectacular!

With a 17 game season do we double dip with another RB later? Hate relying on a RB without a stud backup.
I am hoping to see more of Canada than Tomlin. Not kill your bell cow as Tomlin would call him and kill him.

It might be skipping but still better than okorafor
Last year they were about what and what. Give Okorafor the edge because he's younger and "COULD" show some growth. But, either way, they need to get another tackle to bolster the line and push both Okorafor and Banner. They need to get back to "nobody's position as a starter is a given".

Ravens draft WR’s like Steelers draft CB’s. 2021 Travis Taylor!

Bateman is an interesting prospect. Has moments where he looks very good but others where he isn't particularly exciting.

Jenkins falls to the Ravens and they take a hard pass. Must believe he'll be available with their second pick in the round.
Or, they're stupid

How can they not take Jenkins? Has to be with 31. Bateman doesn't excite me. Meh.

I tell you production wise Harris I feel will prove to be a clear upgrade over JC. Steelers have put the ball in motion to upgrade their greatest weakness. 1 down two positions to go. Very happy overall with the pick.

lots of oline talent left on the board
Sure but this first round pick is probably never seeing a second contract... could have traded back and still filled multiple oline spots... rbs are a dime a dozen and first round rbs aren’t found on most super bowl winners... its just almost always a bad value.... even if the guy is an all pro... its a bad risk... that usually costs a team in the long run... nfl teams got wise for a few years not drafting any in the first round when analytics showed comp values, but now there are a few teams that are doing it again...

Great pick for the Ravens. They needed a big WR who can go get jackson's ****** throws.

Browns - OBJ, Landry and Peoples Jones
Bengals - Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd
Ravens - Sammy Watkins, Marquise Brown, Rashod Bateman

Steelers top 3 CBs - Haden age 32, Sutton, and either James Pierre or Justin Layne - It'll be fine

Again, my problem with picking Harris is not the player, it's the position. They have much bigger needs at harder to fill positions and guys like Teven Jenkins, Oweh and Greg Newsome were just sitting there.

Great pick for the Ravens. They needed a big WR who can go get jackson's ****** throws.

Browns - OBJ, Landry and Peoples Jones
Bengals - Jamar Chase, Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd
Ravens - Sammy Watkins, Marquise Brown, Rashod Bateman

Steelers top 3 CBs - Haden age 32, Sutton, and either James Pierre or Justin Layne - It'll be fine

Again, my problem with picking Harris is not the player, it's the position. They have much bigger needs at harder to fill positions and guys like Teven Jenkins, Oweh and Greg Newsome were just sitting there.
Good point. If the Steelers go OL in the first they can get a solid CB in the second. By taking a RB, they have almost forced an OL in the second, most likely a center because BJ Finney is not it.

Sure but this first round pick is probably never seeing a second contract... could have traded back and still filled multiple oline spots... rbs are a dime a dozen and first round rbs aren’t found on most super bowl winners... its just almost always a bad value.... even if the guy is an all pro... its a bad risk... that usually costs a team in the long run... nfl teams got wise for a few years not drafting any in the first round when analytics showed comp values, but now there are a few teams that are doing it again...
And again, its done so we root for him to be franco 2.0 instead of tim worley or Mendenhall .... but i just cant shake the feeling that in a couple years we will regret it

I thought he might go in round 2 but really expected round 3

NO must have just fallen in love with the guy
I watched tape on him after you pointed him out. It was easy to fall in love with someone his size who has a non-stop motor and moves as fast as he does.

I watched tape on him after you pointed him out. It was easy to fall in love with someone his size who has a non-stop motor and moves as fast as he does.
he plays hard through the whistle. love his motor. well he is in black and gold...just the wrong shade of gold

I thought he might go in round 2 but really expected round 3

NO must have just fallen in love with the guy

It's like when they reached on Marcus Davenport a few years ago. He's been a bust. Seems crazy to take him this high

they could still pick up OL starters in the next couple of rounds and have a top rb