• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Draft Show Spectacular!

If Humphrey or Dickerson is there for the Steelers in the second, that would be terrific. I know Dickerson has the injury issues, but he may be worth the risk in the second. I like
Quinn Meinerz as well and the Steelers won't shy away from small school prospects. Come away with any of these guys and things will be going in the right direction.

I'm wondering if the Bills just snatched the player the Ravens were after

It's like when they reached on Marcus Davenport a few years ago. He's been a bust. Seems crazy to take him this high
I read one story that said if the right team fell in love with him he might go in the 1st...but I didn't expect it.

best of luck to him though

They're obviously fielding offers, they want that second round pick back

Good point. If the Steelers go OL in the first they can get a solid CB in the second. By taking a RB, they have almost forced an OL in the second, most likely a center because BJ Finney is not it.

Exactly. How do you not take OL now in Rd 2? They showed a lot of lover for Freiermuth. If they draft him then when the hell do you address OL or CB? Where do you get a backup pass rusher because right now Cassius Marsh is #3.

Harris is an upgrade at RB but i think it's at a very high cost. Have to hope this draft falls in the steelers favor big time.

******* great. Oweh to the Ravens. That won't come back to haunt the steelers at all. Oweh is not just some speed rusher. He's tough against the run.

Exactly. How do you not take OL now in Rd 2? They showed a lot of lover for Freiermuth. If they draft him then when the hell do you address OL or CB? Where do you get a backup pass rusher because right now Cassius Marsh is #3.

Harris is an upgrade at RB but i think it's at a very high cost. Have to hope this draft falls in the steelers favor big time.
This rebuild was always going to be a two-year process with all of the needs. There are foundational pieces (OL/DL), premium positions (QB, EDGE, CB), and luxury positions (TE, RB) for this team. We went with the luxury option first.

So I'm watching espn and the ravens take Oweh. Riddick for espn was rambling about great pick, you can teach him technique, watch him get double digit sacks etc.

Now probably an hour or more earlier somewhere around the late teens, one analyst on the pannel suggested Oweh, that although he didn't have any sacks 2021, he is always pressuring the QB. Reddick laughs and states pressure doesn't cut it, in the NFL you gotta put the QB on the ground.

This bullshit love for all Ravens' picks kills me.

This rebuild was always going to be a two-year process with all of the needs. There are foundational pieces (OL/DL), premium positions (QB, EDGE, CB), and luxury positions (TE, RB) for this team. We went with the luxury option first.

if it's a rebuild then that makes RB an even worse pick. RB is like the cherry on top of a rebuild, it's not the foundation

So I'm watching espn and the ravens take Oweh. Riddick for espn was rambling about great pick, you can teach him technique, watch him get double digit sacks etc.

Now probably an hour or more earlier somewhere around the late teens, one analyst on the pannel suggested Oweh, that although he didn't have any sacks 2021, he is always pressuring the QB. Reddick laughs and states pressure doesn't cut it, in the NFL you gotta put the QB on the ground.

**** the ravens

Harris - really good RB. Behind a bad offensive line right now. Fortunately, a lot of very, very good offensive linemen will be available rounds 2 and 3: Samuel Cosmi (my favorite - he is a great run blocker, big, strong, great hand punch), Teven Jenkins, Creed Humphrey, Jalen Mayfield, Dillon Radunz, Landon Dickerson, Quinn Meinerz, Liam Eichenberg, Spencer Brown, Josh Meyers, Walker Little and my 4th round favorite, Jaylen Moore, a huge RT guy who could start very, very soon.

Edit: 5th rounder Daniel Faalele. Jeez, put him alongside Kevin Dotson, and the Rats are going to need about five guys to occupy those two blockers.

NFL teams do value pressure as much as sacks. Most teams would rather have a guy who gets consistent pressure than a guy who manages coverage sacks or gets schemed up for free runs.

Oweh didn't have a sack in the shortened 2020 but he did in 2019. PSU was bad in 2020 and played from behind, so offenses were playing with leads and ran quite a bit. They also faced lots of read option and Oweh did a great job of staying disciplined and not letting runs get outside of him.

He's still raw. I think he only played 1 year of High School.

Here's a bunch of plays he made. Some sacks, but lots of pressures and look at him staying disciplined against the run and he can make plays in space.

Opinion on Greg Newsome (CB) Northwestern. Good coverage guy. Not big, dinged up in college, reminds me more of a slot corner than a boundary guy. Would not rate him a 1st round pick.

NFL teams do value pressure as much as sacks. Most teams would rather have a guy who gets consistent pressure than a guy who manages coverage sacks or gets schemed up for free runs.

Oweh didn't have a sack in the shortened 2020 but he did in 2019. PSU was bad in 2020 and played from behind, so offenses were playing with leads and ran quite a bit. They also faced lots of read option and Oweh did a great job of staying disciplined and not letting runs get outside of him.

He's still raw. I think he only played 1 year of High School.

Here's a bunch of plays he made. Some sacks, but lots of pressures and look at him staying disciplined against the run and he can make plays in space.

The point I was making is Riddick is laughing at the suggestion of taking a guy who only pressures the guy but as soon as the Ravens take him he's talking about how this guy may have double digit sacks next year. I don't doubt anything your saying or Riddick after he was picked by Baltimore.

Harris - really good RB. Behind a bad offensive line right now. Fortunately, a lot of very, very good offensive linemen will be available rounds 2 and 3: Samuel Cosmi (my favorite - he is a great run blocker, big, strong, great hand punch), Teven Jenkins, Creed Humphrey, Jalen Mayfield, Dillon Radunz, Landon Dickerson, Quinn Meinerz, Liam Eichenberg, Spencer Brown, Josh Meyers, Walker Little and my 4th round favorite, Jaylen Moore, a huge RT guy who could start very, very soon.

Edit: 5th rounder Daniel Faalele. Jeez, put him alongside Kevin Dotson, and the Rats are going to need about five guys to occupy those two blockers.
While I agree with you that the talent is there we are about to see a big run on the OLine. All the new QB’s drafted need protection now. I fear a lot of the guys will be gone. My wish is for Creed to last. We will get one of those guys. Let’s hope the scouting pulls through.

he plays hard through the whistle. love his motor. well he is in black and gold...just the wrong shade of gold
**** the cougars

While I agree with you that the talent is there we are about to see a big run on the OLine. All the new QB’s drafted need protection now. I fear a lot of the guys will be gone. My wish is for Creed to last. We will get one of those guys. Let’s hope the scouting pulls through.

I hear 'ya, no doubt. My point is that there are just too many really good offensive linemen, along with some other prospects who just cannot last much longer, for the Steelers not to have a very, very good offensive lineman available at 55, and probably at 87. Because I should spend more time getting exercise but don't, let's mock up to pick 55:

33. Jacksonville Jaguars - Has to be defense, and therefore likely Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB Notre Dame
34. New York Jets - Two picks on offense, traded Jamal Adams, so pick is Trevon Moehrig S TCU
35. Atlanta Falcons - Added elite TE, need help at RB, CB. I think they take Assante Samuel CB Florida State, passing on Javonte Williams RB North Carolina.
36. Miami Dolphins (from Houston) - First team likely to target OL. I think they take Teven Jenkins OT Oklahoma State or Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma
37. Philadelphia Eagles - Need CB, LB, WR. They go Azeez Ojulari to upgrade pass rush
38. Cincinnati Bengals - Another team that needs upgrade at LT. Even though he is really a RT, I think they go with Jenkins if here, if not, Dillon Radunz
39. Carolina Panthers - The need a tackle. Already added Paye, but Bolton is intriguing. They take who is left of Jenkins, Radunz, Humphrey.
40. Denver Broncos - Addressed CB, need help at RB. They take Williams if here, the best player available and a team need.
41. Detroit Lions - Need help at WR, LB, CB. Here is where Bolton goes. Maybe Ronnie Perkins Edge Oklahoma as the top-end pass rushers are going
42. New York Giants - Chance Dickerson C Alabama goes here but more likely Elijah Moore WR Mississippi
43. San Francisco 49ers - Need DL help, so I think Christian Barmore DT Alabama is the pick
44. Dallas Cowboys - **** them. They can choose between Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame, Samuel Cosmi OT Texas, or Jalen Mayfield OT Michigan
45. Jacksonville Jaguars (from Minnesota) - Got QB, RB, LB, add DL help with Levi Onwuzurike DT Washington
46. New England Patriots - **** them. The pick Douche Nozzlian Butthole Shitbag Tech.
47. Los Angeles Chargers - Need OT help, select who is left between Cosmi, Eichenberg and Mayfield. Quality among all three
48. Las Vegas Raiders - Drew Brees' 7-year old son because Raiders. Not picking another OT or C here.
49. Arizona Cardinals - TE, WR help needed. Pat Friermuth TE Penn State
50. Miami Dolphins - Already took OT help with pick 36 so go somewhere else. Where? Who cares.
51. Washington Not-Redskins - Need help at WR, S, QB. Maybe Davis Mills QB Stanford? More likely somebody like Terrance Marshall Jr. WR LSU
52. Chicago Bears - May look at OT, if so, likely still have one of Cosmi, Eichenberg, Mayfield, maybe even Radunz.
53. Tennessee Titans - WR and TE a need, or arguably still need help with pass rush. OL low on the list.
54. Indianapolis Colts - Aaron Robinson CB UCF, or WR help
55. Pittsburgh Steelers - look who's left. One of Cosmi, Eichenberg, and Radunz, as well as Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater, Josh Myers C Ohio State , Landon Dickerson C Alabama, Brady Christenson OT BYU, Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa, Walker Little OT Stanford. Think all of them are gone by pick 87? Nope. Add in Jaylen Moore OT Western Michigan,

******* great. Oweh to the Ravens. That won't come back to haunt the steelers at all. Oweh is not just some speed rusher. He's tough against the run.
Surprise surprise. The penn state homer of the board is heartbroken because jason freakin' oweh was picked by baltimore and not the steelers

Surprise surprise. The penn state homer of the board is heartbroken because jason freakin' oweh was picked by baltimore and not the steelers
He's really good, and just went to a really good defensive team. ...and we kinda have an issue at offensive line, right? I think Tape's concern is a valid one.

and no, I didn't want the Steelers to pick him. They have more glaring needs.