• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steeler Nation Draft Show Spectacular!

On the clock..trade details?

Zero athleticism from their latest draft pick. Not worth a future fourth.

Lol best knee jerk insane reaction ive been texted all day... Colbert and Tomlin are sabotaging the post them era and are going to retire with ben😂😂😂.... pretty sure he was serious too

Well ****. The first good raven pick…wanted him. Hope he flops

Edit - but now that I see his tape…maybe I am glad Steelers didn’t. Also it is hard to not trust them with drafting linebackers but Loudermilk I will have to be sold on

I really hope that Tay Gowan is there at their 6th! That would be a steal IMO

Wade played with turf toe most of the season. He's going to be better than his 2020 play showed.
Wish him the best in life, but hope he doesn't do **** for Baltimore.

Zero athleticism from their latest draft pick. Not worth a future fourth.
I found this 448- Obviously they heard or saw something. This is TJ Watts school. Who knows. I will hope for the best, as I know you will!

Loudermilk heads to the 2021 NFL Draft with an incredible athletic heritage. The Kansas native excelled in multiple sports at West Elk High School. He earned first-team All-State honors in basketball, while he won a conference title in the shot put. Additionally, Loudermilk was an accomplished baseball player, but it was on the football field where the man amongst boys truly excelled.

He was a three-time All-District and All-Area honoree. However, it was his senior season that really stood out. Loudermilk logged an impressive 97 tackles, 2 sacks, and 2 interceptions while also snagging 5 touchdowns. He earned first-team All-State honors while West Elk went 10-1 and earned their first-ever playoff win.

Even before his standout senior season, the gargantuan athlete was garnering attention. A three-star recruit as per 247 Sports, he had received offers from Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Texas Tech, Oregon, and Wisconsin prior to the season. Midway through the year, he paid a visit to Madison. And despite making multiple visits elsewhere, in early January, he committed to play for Wisconsin.

Loudermilk’s college football career at Wisconsin
Arriving in Madison at nearly 6’7″ and only 270 pounds, Loudermilk needed some seasoning before suiting up as a Wisconsin defensive lineman. He redshirted in 2016 before making his debut against Utah State in 2017. Although he contributed 11 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, and 1 sack for the second-best defense in the nation, his game time was limited to action in 11 games.

Having lost time to injury in 2017, Loudermilk lost another four games with knee and ankle issues in 2018. Despite those injuries, however, he made his first of six starts against BYU.

With the gradual increase in playing time came an uptick in production. Loudermilk registered a then-career-high 4 tackles — including 1 tackle for loss and a sack — against Purdue. He also put his incredible size to use batting down 3 passes at the line of scrimmage.

Over the next two years, the Wisconsin defensive lineman became a full-time starter, logging 20 starts despite a shortened 2020 season. He registered almost 37 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss, 5 sacks, 5 pass breakups, and 2 forced fumbles.

Demonstrating the ability to be disruptive on the biggest stage, he had a commanding performance in the 2019 Big Ten Championship Game against Ohio State. Albeit in a losing effort to the Buckeyes, Loudermilk had 5 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 forced fumble.

Isaiahh Loudermilk’s best fits in the 2021 NFL Draft
Loudermilk’s size and relative athleticism should see him receive late-round attention in the 2021 NFL Draft. The Wisconsin defensive lineman is listed as a defensive end by the program, but he has multiple potential alignments in the NFL. He can line up as a 3-4 defensive end or as a defensive tackle in a 4-3 scheme.

Because of his versatility, there are multiple potential landing spots for Loudermilk. Some teams that represent a good fit include the Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the Green Bay Packers.

And it so funny listening to the Balti-morons trying not to show their homer-ism for their home towns- Kiper and King; Eisan also had huge Baltimore ties.

I am happy with draft so far accept Loudermilk pick. I go back to what I said earlier, I have a hard time not trusting the Steelers drafting linebackers. They don’t miss often. However, is this guy a linebacker or a defense event? And why trade up for a guy that was not on anyone’s draft projections? Not as bad as a 3rd/4th round grade drafted in the 1st thought. Hi Edmunds and Burns

Loudermilk sounds like a good guy and I'm rooting for him. Just not worth the investment they made.

Loudermilk sounds like a good guy and I'm rooting for him. Just not worth the investment they made.
This is true of a lot of Steelers drafts... they don’t really consider value, just their ratings and who they want.... they draft in a vacuum too often

One of the best edge rushers left today. I'm surprised he lasted this long, but doesn't have the elite athleticism teams look for at the position. Either way, good pick for the 6th round.