• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Calling Jets For Mike Williams

I don’t take a lot of stock with any WR reports based on results. Not sure Williams at this point is a significant upgrade to the Van that should be parked down by the river.
The only upside would be he would come cheap but you get what you pay for. He hasn't done much with the Jets and he reminds me of our Allen Robinson pick up last year.

I think Williams is on a one year deal with the Jets so what do you give up for that?
Then there’s the injury history with this guy.
I’d pass on this one but I think they’re getting desperate and that’s when they screw up.
He has what, 10 catches in six games with Rogers? Pass!

Would rather grab a guy like Peoples-Jones off a WR deep team like the Lions PS than give away any asset for a meh/maybe guy like Williams on a short term rental.

A bigger body guy would be nice to kick the tires on, just nothing about Williams makes you think difference maker over what we currently have.

He seems like he would be a move just to make a move. May as well bring Allen Robinson back off a practice squad if it’s the recycled bin we’re circling.

May as well see if Russ can’t get a little spark outta Van before a move like this imo.

I'd take him for a conditional 6th or 7th-round pick where it can move up a slot if he averages 3 catches per game for the remainder of this year. Nothing more as he is just a rental and is now a WR 4 or 5 for the Jets. Don't overpay for this guy when you missed on 2 other better WR's.

Look at Sutton and Doubs from Green Bay if either is available.

Williams is trash, was trash in San Diego and New York. Guy lost the game against the Bills last week because he fell down. No thanks

The only upside would be he would come cheap but you get what you pay for. He hasn't done much with the Jets and he reminds me of our Allen Robinson pick up last year.

We have the money to sign a significant up grade. If we sign any one, they had best be clearly better than anyone on the roster not named Pickens. We have enough so-so WRs as is, we don’t need another.

Salute the nation.

Williams is trash, was trash in San Diego and New York. Guy lost the game against the Bills last week because he fell down. No thanks

Rodgers threw the ball to the wrong place, yet immediately threw Williams under the bus post game interview. It could be a he said she said situation, but why throw the teammate under the bus. BEN ROETHLISBERGER never did that.

Salute the nation

yeah, he's done in New Yawk. Rogers threw him under the bus in the PC afterwards.
his value has got to be very, very low.

I think Williams is on a one year deal with the Jets so what do you give up for that?
Then there’s the injury history with this guy.
I’d pass on this one but I think they’re getting desperate and that’s when they screw up.
He has what, 10 catches in six games with Rogers? Pass!
Yea, he's just a case of Steelers looking for a screaming deal and you get what you pay for. Add him and get your 10 receptions, eewww weeeee. Yea.

Are there any UFL guys out there worth a darn? Why do we have all these receivers who can't count towards a solution?

Last edited:
We have a ton of seventh round picks next season... Williams has a great work ethic... almost AB ish... he might make a good mentor for the Angry, Angsty, Talented one...

The only thing is while he costs nothing this year.. he has a bunch of voidable years that will hit next season

Would all parties involved be able to swallow their pride, man up, and play nice the rest of the season and Kahn just call Carolina about Diontae Johnson for say a 5th round draft pick? Rumor has it he’s available and it wouldn’t be the craziest thing thing we’ve seen happen…if he gives effort he might be the best WR left out there….thats a big IF admittedly

Would all parties involved be able to swallow their pride, man up, and play nice the rest of the season and Kahn just call Carolina about Diontae Johnson for say a 5th round draft pick? Rumor has it he’s available and it wouldn’t be the craziest thing thing we’ve seen happen…if he gives effort he might be the best WR left out there….thats a big IF admittedly
Steelers usually don’t revisit what they sent packing. After seeing what they have in Van I wouldn’t be against it.

we are not the Salvation Army. but maybe they should be

You’d think getting out of Carolina would be enough to make anyone happy

Would rather flip
Them a 7th for a flyer on Mingo and see if he wasn’t just another product of their crappy situation

for a 6th or 7trh it ain't a bad idea but I Agree Peoples-Jones would be a better addition or D Hop for a 4th rnd pick.
SNF should tell is if it was the play calling as to why we barley van targeted or if he just sucks at short-med routes. If B then Please Put Roman in and get the Wilson-Wilson connection established as how moderate Roman Wilson's stats were he was in an almost 7-3 run-pass ration at Michigan but for the past 2 years watching him play up close he reminds me of Hines Ward as scrappy same Frame, just roman is faster both showed when the is on the line they should the top target

League rules prevent a team from trading to regain a player that they traded to another team for something like 2 years (maybe 3). There are articles discussing this about the Steelers and Johnson (I believe this site has one).

I am going to give it 1 more week and then perhaps give up on the whole BA trade thing

Bruce Ariens is NOT coming back to work under Coach Tomlin.

Salute the nation