• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Reported: Russell Wilson to Start Against the Jets

Year 4 and having shown so signs of development? Well, I guess you could argue he has shown SOME signs of development (better pass %, better turnover %?) With Tomlin's obsession towards pick offs, it's impossible to say.

From what I understand from the tons of breakdowns from various analysts... Fields has improved in a bunch of things. They worked with his mechanics and his outside passing is far more accurate.

The big problem he is still lagging on is reading over the middle stuff and secondary routes.. and that is almost universal for younger qbs in a new system..

He absolutely still has a ton of potential

And guys can develop in any length of time... its just a matter that after a certain point teams give up and move on to the next thing to keep fans engaged...

Until he ran into something called “The Steel Curtain”

Salute the nation
Glenn Edwards told Tark in tunnel at the SB to “tighten his chinstrap” the other Steelers looked at each other knowing Edwards threw down the gauntlet and they went out and pounded the viks! A defining moment in the history of the “Steel Curtain” as the end of that SB everyone now knew the crew from WPA and forgot the more famous “purple ppl eaters”!

So Russel Wilson might be the guy with the most Bulletin board material ever this game..

Basically trashed by 99% of the media... Given up on by two teams in what should be a still viable post prime era of his career...

This week alone tons of media speculation about him only getting the job for goofy reasons like saving the difference between a 4th and a sixth, or because of a promise..

Lots of assurances he is washed up and that the Jets are thrilled they are facing him over the middling Fields...

I mean this is a HOF level QB in his mid thirties... younger than some of the guys that moved teams and the media fawned over the moves despite them actually showing signs of physical drop off ...

It would be very fitting if he balls out and beats the much older Rodgers, who still enjoys media ball washing despite lots of red flags...
Rogers sure does enjoy "media ball washing," quite undeservingly. Although his "Hail Mary" was a nice play the other night.

He is only 24 maybe 25 now. He still has time for the light to come on. How long did Geno take?
He’s still a year younger than KP who could’ve been our starter this year had things unfolded differently.

I would Much rather watch Fields and his actual progression in his first year in this system than KP bumping his head on his low ceiling he was already at.

Some guys take a bit and 25 is still young for a QB, especially one who has suffered through a new system every year under crap OCs. Dude needs some continuity and a stable environment, something he didn’t have in Chicago.

I think if he flops tonight the noise is gonna get real loud even in locker. Can't imagine he could play poor past next week first half. I'm actually looking forward to tonight. Kinda like opening week.
I would think the players(well the ones not named Pickens) would understand Wilson hasn't played since around week 15 of 2023 and cut him some slack.

From what I understand from the tons of breakdowns from various analysts... Fields has improved in a bunch of things. They worked with his mechanics and his outside passing is far more accurate.

The big problem he is still lagging on is reading over the middle stuff and secondary routes.. and that is almost universal for younger qbs in a new system..

He absolutely still has a ton of potential

And guys can develop in any length of time... its just a matter that after a certain point teams give up and move on to the next thing to keep fans engaged...
So Cutler, Jeff George, Daniel Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Ryan Leaf, Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, JaMarcus Russell was more time?

Rogers sure does enjoy "media ball washing," quite undeservingly. Although his "Hail Mary" was a nice play the other night.
Aaron Rodgers makes some absolutely ridiculous throws that I've never seen any other NFL QB make. Give him his due. I mean I know he's a nut with him taking horse medicine or whatever for covid, but when it comes to being a QB he deserves respect.

Being that benching a QB after a 4-2 record is pretty rare, what excuse will you buy as the season?

1.) Russ just needs the rust wore off, he will prove to be the better QB by week 8, or sooner.

2.) They basically promised Russ the opportunity to prove himself, if his play doesn't prove superior he will be benched soon.

3.) Tomlin isn't making the decision to begin with. GM and owner are. They are just playing the "no one is accountable" card.

So Cutler, Jeff George, Daniel Jones, Trevor Lawrence, Ryan Leaf, Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, JaMarcus Russell was more time?

.... This point makes no sense.
- Lawerance is only 25 and in his 4th year... who knows if he gets better or regresses.
-Cutler played until he was 34 and started 153 games
- Mac Jones and Pickett are both backups.. they could easily become starters again..
- Jamarcus Russell was a bust because he had no work ethic and probably abused substances too much.. he wasnt going to get the benefit of the doubt

Player development isnt a universally homogenized thing... it varies from player to player

Geno smith was benched at 24 and didnt get a starting gig again till he was 32, but made tge pro bowl the past two years

I love trap shooting. My favorite shotgun for just regular trap is my Remington 1100. However, the barrel seal wore down on it, I thought I had more, I didn't, so I had to shoot another shotgun for a bit until I could get out for more. I got them, and the Remington is ready to go. I will shoot it on Wednesday.

Could it be closer to that type of scenario instead of your stupid conspiracy theories all the time?

Jay Glazer reported this was Tomlin's decision alone, so 3 does not apply. I think he just wants to see what Russ brings to the table after Fields has been missing wide open receivers.

Aaron Rodgers makes some absolutely ridiculous throws that I've never seen any other NFL QB make. Give him his due. I mean I know he's a nut with him taking horse medicine or whatever for covid, but when it comes to being a QB he deserves respect.
"Some respect for being a QB?" It depends which era of Rogers we are talking about. For his overall contribution at QB in his career? I
will go with that? His last 3 years (one being subtracted from Achilles injury), I'm not so sure. Rogers is at 23rd QBR rating for 2024 and it's right where he deserves to be. His past is undebatable, his current position, I'm not as sure about.

Jay Glazer reported this was Tomlin's decision alone, so 3 does not apply. I think he just wants to see what Russ brings to the table after Fields has been missing wide open receivers.
Jay Glazer is merey reporting what he was told. Do I automatically buy it as the gospel? Not necessarily. Rooneys have a track record of not being fully honest.

blue-velvet-dennis-hopper.gif

Being that benching a QB after a 4-2 record is pretty rare, what excuse will you buy as the season?

1.) Russ just needs the rust wore off, he will prove to be the better QB by week 8, or sooner.

2.) They basically promised Russ the opportunity to prove himself, if his play doesn't prove superior he will be benched soon.

3.) Tomlin isn't making the decision to begin with. GM and owner are. They are just playing the "no one is accountable" card.
4. MT: obviously, I have no clue

Jay Glazer is merey reporting what he was told. Do I automatically buy it as the gospel? Not necessarily. Rooneys have a track record of not being fully honest.
You are so wise in the ways of the NFL. why share with us for free? ESPN would pay you for such news