• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Don’t Land Munchak; Hire Meyer for OL Coach

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers were very hush hush on their offensive line coach interviews. Not a single one of them came out to the public.

Today they announced they’ve hired one. Pat Meyer will join the Steelers coaching staff in a lateral move from the Carolina Panthers.

Prior to joining the Panthers as offensive line coach, he spent three seasons (2017-19) coaching the offensive line for the Los Angeles Chargers, with them rushing for 1,873 yards in 2018, the team’s highest rushing total since the 2013 season. In 2017 Philip Rivers was sacked only 17 times. Tied for the fewest in franchise history.

Meyers is a native of near by Youngstown, Ohio. He is also the second member of the Panthers staff to join the Steelers this off-season. Receivers coach Frisman Jacksonstrong>/a> also was part of the Panthers staff last season.
https://www.steelernation.com/ike-hilliard-out-frisman-jackson-in/

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Anyone know much about him? Where did the Carolina OL rank? I confess, don’t know who he is.

Anyone know much about him? Where did the Carolina OL rank? I confess, don’t know who he is.
We did the unthinkable and hired a guy who had a worse OLine than ours. Thanks Tomlin.
We finished ranked 26th in OLine play and the Panthers finished 31st.

• Sad
Reactions: JMM
They weren't going to land Munchak anyway. He left to be with family and is apparently sticking to that. This looks to be a decent hire but only time will tell.

We did the unthinkable and hired a guy who had a worse OLine than ours. Thanks Tomlin.
We finished ranked 26th in OLine play and the Panthers finished 31st.
No crap? That sucks!

Cheapest guy available classic steeler hiring lol

• Haha
Reactions: MTC
Guy had multiple stops so not going to assume the worse based on just the last stop. I look at it is there is experience there. So perhaps he can at least know who to start and who to sit

Guy had multiple stops so not going to assume the worse based on just the last stop. I look at it is there is experience there. So perhaps he can at least know who to start and who to sit

But will he actually be the one to get to make that call?

we are becoming the Carolina Panthers- North. Got their WR and OL coaches. Trying to be optimistic here, but feeling lukewarm about these singings. Welcome to the B&G, I think.

Well, if nothing else, he has spent some time at Memphis and North Carolina State.

we are becoming the Carolina Panthers- North. Got their WR and OL coaches. Trying to be optimistic here, but feeling lukewarm about these singings. Welcome to the B&G, I think.
Pittsburgh Panthers?

Reading that article one of the biggest gripes about him seems to be one of Tomlins biggest flaws or similar anyways. Apparently he will choose a crappy veteran over a young raw with upside player. Similar to how Tomlin will stick with the inferior player that is "his" guy over someone that could do better. Not very promising and showing some more insight into Tomlin's mindset.