• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

Holy christ you ladies need to check your tampons. Kahn did EXACTLY what he needed to do. He saw an opportunity to upgrade the team, and went after it. Just because you ladies didn’t get what YOU WANTED, doesn’t mean he got played. All I heard from many sources was that he made an offer he could live with, then STUCK TO HIS OFFER. He didn’t continue to up the offer because they wanted more, he stood pat.

You heavy flowing ******* need to let your men do the thinking, you are too emotional.

I am one of the many that don't agree with you. The Steelers have been quiet in this entire ordeal. If reports are correct, Khan played hardball with the Steelers offer and it did not measure up to what the Browns and Patriots reportedly offered. Maybe there is a hard deadline. Maybe Aiyuk really doesn't want to leave San Francisco. I just have no clue how this makes Khan look bad and I won't blame him or anyone in the Steelers front office for people just going absolutely nuts on twitter every day.
He gave it a swing. I would rather he swing and miss than not try at all. Sometimes teams cave in and you get said player. Niners like the Steelers play a deck of cards hard. Everyone who has ever played a card game knows you don’t win every hand. I also agree with you here as I want the Steelers to keep trying to build a championship roster.

The Browns and Patriots weren't used for leverage against Omar Khan. Brandon Aiyuk said no, I won't sign with either of those teams. He said he would sign with Pittsburgh.

The Steelers were allowed to negotiate with Aiyuk. They came to a deal with Aiyuk first. Then they went to the 49ers and finally got an offer that the 49ers felt comfortable with.

The issue is then the 49ers decided they wanted to up their offer to Aiyuk. They've upped it two times now. They're not reportedly offering 30m per year.

Khan didn't do anything incorrectly. He stuck to his guns. Offered a 2nd round pick + another. He wouldn't give them a 1st.

Aiyuk still won't signed the 49ers deal. So maybe he's just done with them.
I think he isn’t done with them he just wants more. That extra year specifics. But when the season approaches I think he will cave. The Niners seem stubborn so I doubt one of their options at this point is to allow the trade. It will be IMO he signs his deal with the Niners or plays on his current deal and enters free agency. I think if he really wants big bucks he should wait and hit free agency. But I am not sure he wants to leave the Niners. He just wants his cake and eat it too.

I truly respect your opinion I personally just feel like it looks bad when you let two different people use you as leverage against each other or you are just the fall back plan. it was reported that they had reached an agreement with the 9rs for the trade and that they were where Ayiuk needed them to be as far as money. so it seems obvious that both the 9rs and Ayiuk were using us to help their negotiations.

I personally think it's crappy of both of them to leave us hanging and I think it made Khan look bad for letting it play out. I personally would have told both of them days ago that they had 48 hours to make a decision or they could count me out of their drama.

If it was about money Ayiuk would have signed with the Browns or Pats. if it was about compensation the 9rs could have forced Ayiuks hand by saying you play this year for what your contract is and next year we franchise tag you and trade your *** to the browns anyway.

What makes Khan look bad in my opinion was it looked like he didn't know he was being used. If you have all three party's saying they are good with the deal of a trade and it hasn't happened in roughly a week you are being used and you should tell the other two to piss off.

If Khan didn't see the the 9rs really didn't want to lose Brandon or that Brandon didn't really want to leave San Fran than he isn't really very smart, and if he did see it and allowed it to continue for so long than he is either weak or complacent for not just stepping away from all the drama.

To be clear I am not an Nfl GM so i have have no idea how they think, and I have never claimed to be the smartest football person on this board this is just my opinions.
Every negotiation has a risk of the home team gaging what another team will pay and then pony up. It is just part of the process. Every negotiation carries that risk. You put in the work why wouldn’t you follow through to see it to the end? That would irritate me that a team didn’t have the balls to see the process through just let their feelings dictate the process. For me that work was extensive they should follow it through until he signs his Niner contract. You stay with the process it won’t always end in the other team’s favor. Plus you don’t assemble championship rosters by being pansies. You muster through the storm.

What makes Khan look bad in my opinion was it looked like he didn't know he was being used. If you have all three party's saying they are good with the deal of a trade and it hasn't happened in roughly a week you are being used and you should tell the other two to piss off.
Where the Khan Man and Shades screwed up, IMO, is they looked like they wanted Aiyuk TOO much.
Which, the Khan Man is usually smarter than that. I'm not talking about what they're offering Aiyuk, but what they're offering the 49'ers.
Now if the media would just effing shut up about it.
Steelers should just release a statement saying we have an offer on the table and are waiting on a call from the 49'ers.

I think he isn’t done with them he just wants more. That extra year specifics. But when the season approaches I think he will cave. The Niners seem stubborn so I doubt one of their options at this point is to allow the trade. It will be IMO he signs his deal with the Niners or plays on his current deal and enters free agency. I think if he really wants big bucks he should wait and hit free agency. But I am not sure he wants to leave the Niners. He just wants his cake and eat it too.
he is still talking with his agent, telling him to "Show me the money!!!"

he is still talking with his agent, telling him to "Show me the money!!!"

If you want to go and take a ride with me
We 3-wheeling in the luxury fo' with the gold D's
Oh, why do I live this way?

(Hey, must be the money)

I said elsewhere that I'd believe it when he rolled into Latrobe.
The longer it stretched out the less likely it was that he was coming here.
I will give Khan kudos for not rolling over to SF’s trade demands like a Tomlin led team in the first round of the playoffs

If Khan were pissing the bed it would look something like a massive overpayment in draft capital/player compensation….way happier with being leverage in a situation that was never likely to play out than handing over a first, third and a player or two (massive over payment) for a pretty solid receiver and then paying solid receiver top receiver money.

Hopefully a lesson learned for Khan tho with maybe attaching deadlines to offers

I think Khan is doing this right. Either 49ers will get a contract extension with Aiyuk or they’re gonna come back to us and trade at our price, not there’s.

I was on the fence about this trade anyways. Signing Aiyuk could hinder re-signing George and we still are in need of a QB. We are two years behind rebuilding so we either gotta re-sign Wilson or Fields this offseason or go draft a guy and start over.

Regardless of the Aiyuk outcome, my worry is that all the dumb he said/she said publicity around this MAY lead Steeler players, like WR Pickens, to think that it's ok, while under contract, to publicly negotiate like this.

I'd have strongly preferred that the Steelers weren't enablers of Aiyuk in this process because the team may not be very happy when Steeler players act similarly next summer.

Regardless of the Aiyuk outcome, my worry is that all the dumb he said/she said publicity around this MAY lead Steeler players, like WR Pickens, to think that it's ok, while under contract, to publicly negotiate like this.

I'd have strongly preferred that the Steelers weren't enablers of Aiyuk in this process because the team may not be very happy when Steeler players act similarly next summer.

I hear this but also add, Kahn & Co. seem to have a better method e when dealing with our players. Hardly go public and negotiate it through the media (that is where ‘9ers are). Pickens may prove otherwise, but the Kahn will come out with what’s best for the team.

Don’t forget Wiedl in all this, he and Kahn are a great duo.

Salute the nation

the Steelers resign players a year before their final one normally, if the guy went to play in his final year is because the decision is already taken, I'd also see what the market has to offer for the guy

for those that are saying it was a waste of time, or Khan got played, Thi i exactly what a GM should be doing this time of year. The draft is over, they have probs already identified what Steeler they want to talk extension to. Now just upgrade the team without giving to much. it seems like he is doing that.

for those that are saying it was a waste of time, or Khan got played, Thi i exactly what a GM should be doing this time of year. The draft is over, they have probs already identified what Steeler they want to talk extension to. Now just upgrade the team without giving to much. it seems like he is doing that.

I doubt they did, but since Aiyuk and the 9ers are dragging this out, the Steelers would’ve been wise to pro-rate any signing bonus and first year salary based on when Aiyuk actually shows up and is able to contribute.

I hear this but also add, Kahn & Co. seem to have a better method e when dealing with our players. Hardly go public and negotiate it through the media (that is where ‘9ers are). Pickens may prove otherwise, but the Kahn will come out with what’s best for the team.

Don’t forget Wiedl in all this, he and Kahn are a great duo.
I just gotta think if the Steelers had a chance at landing him it would be a done deal by now.

I just gotta think if the Steelers had a chance at landing him it would be a done deal by now.
And 49ers fans could say if they had a chance of signing him to an extension it would have happened by now.

The trade and contract are in place, the Steelers are just at the 9ers mercy while they decide if they want to match the contract or not.

Exactly, he’s still working and being prudent
Some of the best deals are those not made

At any rate he’s working much harder in appearances and results acquiring players than Colbert seemed to be in his far more minimal approach to free agency and trades

And 49ers fans could say if they had a chance of signing him to an extension it would have happened by now.

The trade and contract are in place, the Steelers are just at the 9ers mercy while they decide if they want to match the contract or not.

I saw where alot of 49er fans are mad that he hasn't signed yet and are open to trading him. I see no way he leave but not sure I remember so much drama around a reciever.

I saw where alot of 49er fans are mad that he hasn't signed yet and are open to trading him. I see no way he leave but not sure I remember so much drama around a reciever.
AB brought slightly more drama

The way he leaves is the 9ers opt to set aside 25 million/year (or whatever) for Purdy’s next contract.

Steeler fans waiting on Brandon Aiyuk.