• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Have A Deal In Place For Brandon Aiyuk

we the fans make it all possible

if fans stop coming, stop spending on the product and stop consuming the product woila...the contract prices come down with the lost revenue

but fans are willing to pay whatever the fare costs for an ever-diminishing quality of product, so salaries just continue to skyrocket along with the revenue being generated

all hail Lord Goodell
Inflation will keep the salaries going up for a while, but then, boom, kaboom, sharoom, it is all going to crumble.

In my entire life Im just a smidge under 2,000,000 in earnings... 14 in one year for playing a game is insane money... every NFL'r should come do my work for a week.. they would never gripe about million dollar pkus deals again... a guy who plays like 3 or 4 seasons at minimum will outearn 99% of the populations career earnings

Well after that 37% federal tax bite,ss and whatever ridiculous state tax rate California has. He's being taxed at over 50%, still good money. More than most. I'd still be pissed over the taxes, considering how it's just given away.

I’d tell 9’ers the offer is gonna decrease as time passes, as the longer he goes unsigned, the less leverage THEY have, being there’s already been an apparent trade agreed upon and a Steelers/Aiyuk contract worked out? Each hour that goes by, the Steelers should be showing less interest, as the 9’ers would be forced to meet Aiyuk’s contract demands, they clearly don’t want to buck up for!
They can make him sit or play the current contract so there is some leverage there. Steelers don’t want to decrease the offer as San Fran could say look they just went down forcing BAs decision. No you steady as he goes or pony up.

They can make him sit or play the current contract so there is some leverage there. Steelers don’t want to decrease the offer as San Fran could say look they just went down forcing BAs decision. No you steady as he goes or pony up.
That part of the leverage is why I don't think he'll hold out once the regular season starts and the two sides will get a deal done ahead of time. The thought was exciting, but in the end the correct football move will be made with him staying in SF, IMO.

That part of the leverage is why I don't think he'll hold out once the regular season starts and the two sides will get a deal done ahead of time. The thought was exciting, but in the end the correct football move will be made with him staying in SF, IMO.

The real question is does he have the balls to play for the 14 mill and gamble on UFA next season... Lamb and Higgans are gonna have monster deals this year or next, Jamarr Chase will top Jefferson with his extension.. hill is grumbling about a bigger deal.., Diggs and a bunch of the old schoolers are probably due extensions... with a bigger cap, the market could be significantly higher,

However there is an injury risk, and with Chase and Jefferson healthy, Aiyuk probably isnt getting second team all pro again...

They just said they are on the same page for the first 3 years of the contract and are just working out the last year of the contract. Done, who's next. Aiyuk is gone.

They just said they are on the same page for the first 3 years of the contract and are just working out the last year of the contract. Done, who's next. Aiyuk is gone.
In the past hour people have reported that they are close and that they arent... im guessing everyone is just guessing right now... its not over AAV... its all about guaranteed money and term... so yeah the first 3 are easy.. its that he wants more money in that fourth year ( fifth from now) and they dont want to lock anything in then

In the past hour people have reported that they are close and that they arent... im guessing everyone is just guessing right now... its not over AAV... its all about guaranteed money and term... so yeah the first 3 are easy.. its that he wants more money in that fourth year ( fifth from now) and they dont want to lock anything in then

He's gone. Today Deebo said they aren't going to have to worry about him not being there and Lynch said they very much plan on having him there.

It's over.

I'm sorry many probably won't agree with me But I think this whole **** show made Kahn look bad. Kahn allowed both of them to use us like pawns, even if San Fran told him they still wanted to work something out with Ayiuk he should have given both of them a hard deadline and not allowed them to drag this out for so long.

If Kahn would have given a hard deadline there Might have been a chance that Ayiuk would have ended up in the burg but giving them both a safety net and bargaining chip he just basically allowed both of them to take as much time as need to work out a new contract.

The question that remains is who will be the next team to pull this **** on us., cause it worked for San Fran.

Well after that 37% federal tax bite,ss and whatever ridiculous state tax rate California has. He's being taxed at over 50%, still good money. More than most. I'd still be pissed over the taxes, considering how it's just given away.
It's worst than be given away, it actually worsens lives. That's even worse.

I'm sorry many probably won't agree with me But I think this whole **** show made Kahn look bad. Kahn allowed both of them to use us like pawns, even if San Fran told him they still wanted to work something out with Ayiuk he should have given both of them a hard deadline and not allowed them to drag this out for so long.

If Kahn would have given a hard deadline there Might have been a chance that Ayiuk would have ended up in the burg but giving them both a safety net and bargaining chip he just basically allowed both of them to take as much time as need to work out a new contract.

The question that remains is who will be the next team to pull this **** on us., cause it worked for San Fran.

I think Kahn is overrated. Yes, he wants to win now but I don't see anything that he's really done well. Weidl is great, however.

Last edited:
First line of ESPN webpage:

"Lynch feels URGENCY to get Aiyuke deal done."

I knew it was over when they started having injuries.

I think Kahn is overrated. Yes, he wants to win now but I don't see anything that he's really done well. Weidl is great, however.
I'm also not convinced that Kahn is "great." I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt and hoping really hard. Dumping Kenny was a big move that would have never happened if the cantankerous Colbert was still here, so, that's one thing going for GM Kahn. We shall see soon enough if the Russ move works out. You just know Art II loved the price. LOVED it.

He's gone. Today Deebo said they aren't going to have to worry about him not being there and Lynch said they very much plan on having him there.

It's over.
It was always over.....from the start. Maybe if the Steelers offered some crazy contract offer.....fact is were not even the highest bidders out there. So it was over even before it began. Sorry. I know you really wanted BA coming here.

It was always over.....from the start. Maybe if the Steelers offered some crazy contract offer.....fact is were not even the highest bidders out there. So it was over even before it began. Sorry. I know you really wanted BA coming here.
That's why I was never that interested in the subject to begin with: Steelers are often involved with fraud just to keep the PR machine running. They are so often involved in rumors they know damn well aren't likely to happen, just to keep yinzers thinking they are trying "oh so hard" at improving. They've been doing this since free agency started and think no one realizes it. What about all the "leaks" stating how Kahn was oh-so-close to signing a "major playmaker?" All nonsense.

The question really is: Did they really get away with anything or did Kahn know what was happening all along?

That's why I was never that interested in the subject to begin with: Steelers are often involved with fraud just to keep the PR machine running. They are so often involved in rumors they know damn well aren't likely to happen, just to keep yinzers thinking they are trying "oh so hard" at improving. They've been doing this since free agency started and think no one realizes it. What about all the "leaks" stating how Kahn was oh-so-close to signing a "major playmaker?" All nonsense.
what do you actually like about the Steelers

I am one of the many that don't agree with you. The Steelers have been quiet in this entire ordeal. If reports are correct, Khan played hardball with the Steelers offer and it did not measure up to what the Browns and Patriots reportedly offered. Maybe there is a hard deadline. Maybe Aiyuk really doesn't want to leave San Francisco. I just have no clue how this makes Khan look bad and I won't blame him or anyone in the Steelers front office for people just going absolutely nuts on twitter every day.

Last edited:
A ray of sunshine...

That's why I was never that intere I was never that interested in the subject to begin with: Steelers are often involved with fraud just to keep the PR machine running. They are so often involved in rumors they know damn well aren't likely to happen, just to keep yinzers thinking they are trying "oh so hard" at improving. They've been doing this since free agency started and think no one realizes it. What about all the "leaks" stating how Kahn was oh-so-close to signing a "major playmaker?" All nonsense.

Then why so many post(s) in this thread……..?

It’s more likely true that many here are less interested in your post(s) than your lack of interest in the subject…….

Salute the nation

It's over.
I said elsewhere that I'd believe it when he rolled into Latrobe.
The longer it stretched out the less likely it was that he was coming here.

I am one of the many that don't agree with you. The Steelers have been quiet in this entire ordeal. If reports are correct, Khan played hardball with the Steelers offer and it did not measure up to what the Browns and Patriots reportedly offered. Maybe there is a hard deadline. Maybe Aiyuk really doesn't want to leave San Francisco. I just have no clue how this makes Khan look bad and I won't blame him or anyone in the Steelers front office for people just going absolutely nuts on twitter every day.
I truly respect your opinion I personally just feel like it looks bad when you let two different people use you as leverage against each other or you are just the fall back plan. it was reported that they had reached an agreement with the 9rs for the trade and that they were where Ayiuk needed them to be as far as money. so it seems obvious that both the 9rs and Ayiuk were using us to help their negotiations.

I personally think it's crappy of both of them to leave us hanging and I think it made Khan look bad for letting it play out. I personally would have told both of them days ago that they had 48 hours to make a decision or they could count me out of their drama.

If it was about money Ayiuk would have signed with the Browns or Pats. if it was about compensation the 9rs could have forced Ayiuks hand by saying you play this year for what your contract is and next year we franchise tag you and trade your *** to the browns anyway.

What makes Khan look bad in my opinion was it looked like he didn't know he was being used. If you have all three party's saying they are good with the deal of a trade and it hasn't happened in roughly a week you are being used and you should tell the other two to piss off.

If Khan didn't see the the 9rs really didn't want to lose Brandon or that Brandon didn't really want to leave San Fran than he isn't really very smart, and if he did see it and allowed it to continue for so long than he is either weak or complacent for not just stepping away from all the drama.

To be clear I am not an Nfl GM so i have have no idea how they think, and I have never claimed to be the smartest football person on this board this is just my opinions.

The Browns and Patriots weren't used for leverage against Omar Khan. Brandon Aiyuk said no, I won't sign with either of those teams. He said he would sign with Pittsburgh.

The Steelers were allowed to negotiate with Aiyuk. They came to a deal with Aiyuk first. Then they went to the 49ers and finally got an offer that the 49ers felt comfortable with.

The issue is then the 49ers decided they wanted to up their offer to Aiyuk. They've upped it two times now. They're not reportedly offering 30m per year.

Khan didn't do anything incorrectly. He stuck to his guns. Offered a 2nd round pick + another. He wouldn't give them a 1st.

Aiyuk still won't signed the 49ers deal. So maybe he's just done with them.