• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Invite DL Tayland Humphrey to 2022 Rookie Minicamp

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With 31 tackles, 1.5 tackles-for-loss, 3 pass breakups, a QB hurry, and a blocked kick in 2021 for the Ragin Cajuns, the Pittsburgh Steelers have invited defensive lineman, Tayland Humphrey to their 2022 rookie minicamp.

😎
Big. Sauce.@Big_Saucy_ has received a camp invite from the @steelers! #cULture | #HereWeGo pic.twitter.com/xeLx0b80DM

— Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns® Football (@RaginCajunsFB) May 2, 2022

Why the Steelers are interested in Humphrey​

Humphrey was a 2022 East West Shrine Bowl participant and was on the Reese’s Senior Bowl preseason watch list. In 2021, he was named to Athlon Sports Sun Belt Preseason Third Team Defense, LSWA Second Team, and Third Team All-Conference.

Steelers Tayland Humphrey

Tayland Humphrey (#99). | Photo via RaginCajuns.com

Pittsburgh ranked dead last in rush defense last season, and Humphrey’s 6’5″, 349lb. frame is sure to help sure up the middle of the defense if given the opportunity. With Tyson Alualu coming back from a season-ending injury and still the uncertainty surrounding Stephon Tuitt, Humphrey’s presence could be very well needed.

This is an intriguing one as far as tryout guys go. He’s 6-5, 328 and is the kind of space-eating nose tackle the Steelers didn’t get in the draft or sign afterward. https://t.co/CNXys11rHu

— Brian Batko (@BrianBatko) May 3, 2022

What do yinz think? Will Humphrey be able to push his way onto Pittsburgh’s 53-man roster? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

I can ONLY say two things

Used properly

A-N-D

Super Bowl

Mic drop as I walk out the door...................................................................................................

(i'm all for bringing in as many as possible and see what yaz got)

Salute the nation

They used to be good at finding diamonds in the rough. Sooner or later you're bound to find something if you keep digging. You get the right motivated man with undeveloped potential who's hungry to prove himself. It's possible to strike it rich. Just takes time. James Harrison comes to mind. There's a future HOF player who never got drafted,got cut a bunch and never gave up.

I pimped this kid as a potential 7th round sleeper at DT… i think he made some small school sleeper lists too. This article has him listed at 328… the draft guides had him closer to 350. He has some leverage issues at times, but thats correctable.. he is mostly a run stopper and space eater… his nickname was “Big Saucy”

he might need to put on a pound of muscle or two

He gets his shot to make the club this summer. Take full advantage of this opportunity "Big Saucy", you might never get another.

I can ONLY say two things

Used properly

A-N-D

Super Bowl

Mic drop as I walk out the door...................................................................................................

(i'm all for bringing in as many as possible and see what yaz got)

Salute the nation
Now that’s a kid that looks like he knows the value of some 🥓

We had a Big Snack, might as well have a Big Saucy....hope he is a diamond in the rough.

at 6'5" he's a much better fit for DE depth behind Tuitt. Also, there he might hide his pad-level problems.

inside: he's way too damn tall for a 0. For a 0 in the base you want a spark plug who can shed & doesn't get caught up in the wash - making the opponents double him and freeing up your 2 ILBers.

That said, let's see if Cam can show him some things at the 5 <maybe 4.5>, so that he could stick to roster for depth.