• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

STEELERS / NINERS Gameday Thread

SF does this religiously.. Shanahan schemes the middle of the field open constantly… last year Purdy was tge top rated passer in the easiest throws, but Jimmy G was super high too… basically they are the opposite of us… they use tge middle of the field and expect YAC
So the perfect defense is to leave the middle open. 😒

That is where game planning comes in I guess.

Why no penalty on the catch and run there? He hit his facemask and/or his helmet. Take your choice, it's an easy call.

Love highsmith but we can’t set that edge couldnt last year we can’t this year!

I’d give Trubisky a shot at this point.

This defense makes a lot of people look horrible. And we have Canada.
True, but Kenny is way off. Not seeing open guys, throwing behind guys, throwing to no one etc etc. I still think Kenny can be the guy but he is really bad this game

My friend has said for years the Steelers believe their lies. And then, because I like to be positive, so do I dammit. Like all this physical camp stuff...the Niners are all fine. The Steelers got 3 guys down. That panned out.

This is 5 years of watching a Steelers offense that only moves with a fast tempo.

Pickett looks just horrible
I read an article a few days ago that has an interview with an "unnamed" NFL scout that stated Kenny has a "low ceiling." This was written after his great pre season. Dude was basically saying Pickett is fools gold, not a franchise QB, and he's known it since the draft.

I don't want to believe that, and won't till he proves he's not the guy.

True, but Kenny is way off. Not seeing open guys, throwing behind guys, throwing to no one etc etc. I still think Kenny can be the guy but he is really bad this game
So, same Kenny as last year.

It is one ******* game. Let the season play out. Or better yet don’t and go do something else.
Like everyone doesn’t know it’s just one game against a good team. Fans are frustrated after a big buildup. They vent on a forum. Your last sentence makes you look like a prick. Maybe you should go do something else if you don’t expect fans to vent when their team is getting spanked.

This game reminds me of the shellacking the Steelers got 33-3 against NE around 4 years ago.

Does Burrow suck? He is playing terrible today.

He was injured and didn't play preseason so he's rusty. Same situation last year and he threw 5 INT vs Steelers week 1. Kenny did play all of preseason so he has no excuse. Aside from his playbook being awful.