• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

I think maybe you posted it in another thread, but this team has a very good defense in place and even an aging Wilson should be good enough to make a playoff run. A proven WR2 to combine with Pickens, Freiermuth, and the backfield would've really been something to watch.
With a limited Tomlin leading the way? I don't think so, not so sure.

I'm not going to agree with you that we have been spoiled with WR depth over the years; many of those years we were spoiled with a QB who could buy time and find a WR is more like it. Starting way back, I'll admit we were spoiled with Swanny and Stallworth on the same team.

Since then, not really. We had the 80's which had one WR star, Lipps. I'll admit he was good but not much other than him. The 90s saw Jeff Graham, Ernie Mills - good WRs but nothing to write home about. Hastings and CJ the same. Hines Ward, a fan favorite for good reason was added in '89. He was something special, eventually, but not for a while until Ben came along. Plex came in 2000, not "all that" but decent. Randle El came in '02, not great but a part of a decent group. I wouldn't call them "outstanding." Just "serviceable." That group was good enough to win a ring in '05 along with a sold D and rushing game.

And by '05, everything had changed with the emergence of Big Ben. He was something special. Then came AB, truly an advanced WR in a lot of ways, with a standard level of "Ben-Made WRs," who didn't do a whole lot outside of Ben's realm (I include Wallace, Holmes, Sanders, Bryant, Coates, Ju Ju, DJ, to an extent). But, we've never really had a "stockpile" of WRs, Ben made it look like we did. It is a common misnomer to say Pgh drafts WRs so excellently. They've done OK, but with plenty of misses to their ledger: Claypool, Austin (so far), James Washington, DeMarcus Ayers, Dri Archer, Marcus Wheaton, Justin Brown, Toney Clemons, Limas Sweed among those not mentioned when speaking of the Steelers' advanced WR drafting. For every AB there are 10 misses not ever discussed.
Dude…..you finally put some sense into a post. But you blow it by not mentioning one of my favorite Steelers back then.
Yancey Thigpen. 🤪
It was a sad day for-me when he never resigned.

Dude…..you finally put some sense into a post. But you blow it by not mentioning one of my favorite Steelers back then.
Yancey Thigpen. 🤪
It was a sad day for-me when he never resigned.
Yancey was a damn good WR but not drafted by Pgh. And most of his career he was an "every other year" great WR, as he did have injuries throughout his career. But at his peak, he was a damn good one. Top 3.

Wilson leaves on a cart today, awaiting word on injury.

Yancey was a damn good WR but not drafted by Pgh. And most of his career he was an "every other year" great WR, as he did have injuries throughout his career. But at his peak, he was a damn good one. Top 3.
True…not drafted but only played 4 games with another team,came to Pittsburgh as a 23 year old.
One year set the Steeler record for receptions,then 2 years later set the record for yards. Both held by John.
When he signed with Tennessee he set the record for highest $$$$ contract in history for a Wide receiver. Played only 19 games with them. Too bad injuries riddled his career. Neil and Kordell throwing the pigskin to him.
Thought he should be mentioned.

We could easily absorb the loss of a #2 WR and keep our 28th scoring offense, true. #28 can be an attainable goal.
Or they can what......give up capital and a huge chunk of cap space to a lug nut like Metcalf or Hill. Or way more capital and crazy contract for Aiyuk. Which is it? The need and value was there for oline in this year's draft. They apparently weren't as interested in Boyd as I was. Limited options beyond that.

Or they can what......give up capital and a huge chunk of cap space to a lug nut like Metcalf or Hill. Or way more capital and crazy contract for Aiyuk. Which is it? The need and value was there for oline in this year's draft. They apparently weren't as interested in Boyd as I was. Limited options beyond that.
Well. I think most us us got tired of seeing "Kahn ready to sign a huge playmaker" 100X over. Yea, click bait all that but how tiresome was that? Over and over. "Kahn ready to sign a huge playmaker." It never happened. He got rid of CJ like there was zero problem in replacing him. We'll see, or have we already?

Well. I think most us us got tired of seeing "Kahn ready to sign a huge playmaker" 100X over. Yea, click bait all that but how tiresome was that? Over and over. "Kahn ready to sign a huge playmaker." It never happened. He got rid of CJ like there was zero problem in replacing him. We'll see, or have we already?
Hmmmm….i wonder if you’ve set yourself up.

“Well.I think most of us got tired of ____________________ 100X over. 🫣🙂

I am not a writer for a national magazine, just a poster on a football message board. Big difference.

"Lug nut" is usually a derogatory term meaning someone isn't special. Metcalf and Hill are both better than ANYONE we have on our roster. Unless your definition of "lug nut" is different than my understanding, of course.

So….heres an idea I was floating around in my head. All hypothetical of course. But I KNOW Omar reads my posts for some type of inspiration.

Remember John Metchie? A Canadian kid that did very well with Alabama that I followed a touch. Drafted in the second round by Houston. Tons of potential coming out of the draft and unfortunately was diagnosed with Cancer. Obviously missed his first season fighting the Battle. Cleared as Cancer free and played in limited role last season. Now Houston has a wealth of WR’s that have done very well with a great mixture of youth and vets. Maybe Metchie could be pried away. Still only 23. If the price is right of course. Houston has Tank,Nico Collins, Xavier Hutchinson,Robert Woods, Noah Brown. And Dalton Schultz catches enough too. Maybe Metchie ?

"Lug nut" is usually a derogatory term meaning someone isn't special. Metcalf and Hill are both better than ANYONE we have on our roster. Unless your definition of "lug nut" is different than my understanding, of course.

That's probably it. Lug nuts are vital for a smooth-running organization. Without lug nuts the wheels fall off.

Who the **** is CJ?

If the glove fits you must admit.

Metcalf acts like a tool on the field. Gets an OC every other game. Hill has 27 kids with 13 baby mammas. Lug nuts.