• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers’ Omar Khan Is Working On Securing A Massive Playmaker: “Very Close To Landing A Significant Playmaker”

I don't think they will bring anyone in. But they will look for discarded talent. You know. The Steeler way.
but it will be the "BEST" discarded talent.

Reactions: xjx
Yes. Talent that wasn't used properly.
Yes, you mean like the hot winners like Allen Robinson, Miles Boykin, Dez Fitzpatrick, Gunner Olszewski, Steven Sims, Ray Ray McCloud and the like?

Reactions: xjx
Its a numbers game... Same thing justin does by letting you post here.
Yes, you mean like the hot winners like Allen Robinson, Miles Boykin, Dez Fitzpatrick, Gunner Olszewski, Steven Sims, Ray Ray McCloud and the like? Got it.

I still don't understand why WR2 is such an obsession here? It really isn't a big part of Smiths offense, and all of the non pickens WRs are those fast as hell deep threats that typically work great as second tier wr 2 because they still loosen up the D well... adding is a luxury, not a requirement right now...

I still don't understand why WR2 is such an obsession here? It really isn't a big part of Smiths offense, and all of the non pickens WRs are those fast as hell deep threats that typically work great as second tier wr 2 because they still loosen up the D well... adding is a luxury, not a requirement right now...
Well, in 2020, Cory Davis was #2 with 65 rep, 984 yards at TN, so the 2 was a factor in Art's O. At the time as I write this, I'm not sure what WR on staff is good for 65 rec and 984 yards. Who? The rookie Wilson? I don't see him as that productive. Austin III? Not on your life.

I don't get the feel from Pickens that he is the #1 WR as AJ Brown is either. Too immature.

Not so about what the scheme dictates, more so what completing drives and winning games dictates. There will always be times when you need playmakers on the field. We can call it number 2 WR but what it really is, is a lack of playmakers. We have a guy still working on routes. We have a TE that has had lapses of not producing whether it was due to injury or the coordinator. Behind that you have a collective whole of underperforming options. The fewer options the better a D can defend and stall your attempts to score.

If you are one dimensional and focus in on the run they crowd the box.

The teams that go on to the bigger games? Have units rich in playmakers.

I don’t see adding to a team deficient in playmakers as a luxury more in the lines of a necessity.

Come the playoffs for me this shows to be point on. To be honest that is the line drawn in the sand. You can be a competitive team that does well but ultimately falls short or you can be the team that gives teams fits which results in one more week win the chips are down and dirty.

Not so about what the scheme dictates, more so what completing drives and winning games dictates. There will always be times when you need playmakers on the field. We can call it number 2 WR but what it really is, is a lack of playmakers. We have a guy still working on routes. We have a TE that has had lapses of not producing whether it was due to injury or the coordinator. Behind that you have a collective whole of underperforming options. The fewer options the better a D can defend and stall your attempts to score.

If you are one dimensional and focus in on the run they crowd the box.

The teams that go on to the bigger games? Have units rich in playmakers.

I don’t see adding to a team deficient in playmakers as a luxury more in the lines of a necessity.

Come the playoffs for me this shows to be point on. To be honest that is the line drawn in the sand. You can be a competitive team that does well but ultimately falls short or you can be the team that gives teams fits which results in one more week win the chips are down and dirty.

Well im looking at the last five years of Super bowl teams, and im not exactly blown away by Some teams WR2...

Sure you have Tampa, cinci, and last years 49'rs... buut the Chiefs havent gotten two star receivers for their dynasty, and tgat first SF team had Emmanuel Sanders as wr2....

And that rams team that won's WR 2 was one Van Jefferson ... sure tgey added OBJ at the deadline... but Jefferson started 17 games and had more targets, even in the super bowl

Well, in 2020, Cory Davis was #2 with 65 rep, 984 yards at TN, so the 2 was a factor in Art's O. At the time as I write this, I'm not sure what WR on staff is good for 65 rec and 984 yards. Who? The rookie Wilson? I don't see him as that productive. Austin III? Not on your life.

I don't get the feel from Pickens that he is the #1 WR as AJ Brown is either. Too immature.

Again, Van jefferson was wr 2 on that rams team that won the super bowl... he had 50 receptions for 802 yards

And google AJ brown and immature and then tell me how Pickens cant do what he did in-this o

well you do tend to focus on the negative.

Well im looking at the last five years of Super bowl teams, and im not exactly blown away by Some teams WR2...

Sure you have Tampa, cinci, and last years 49'rs... buut the Chiefs havent gotten two star receivers for their dynasty, and tgat first SF team had Emmanuel Sanders as wr2....

And that rams team that won's WR 2 was one Van Jefferson ... sure tgey added OBJ at the deadline... but Jefferson started 17 games and had more targets, even in the super bowl
The Chiefs also have a QB who will likely finish as one of the three best ever to play the game. The Steelers don't have that type of QB, so the more weapons you can surround him with, the better. As slash pointed out, this team lacks playmakers and if Pickens misses any action, they will be running a bunch of WR4 and WR5 types out there in the starting lineup. Reminds me of the year Ben had to play with a bunch of scrubs in the AFC Championship game.

Which was his career high by a lot I might add.
Yeah and he followed it up by starting the 22 season on IR, rushing back after 6 games, tweaking his injury, and playing limited snaps tge next two weeks... then the next year Puca displaced him and he demanded a trade...

This is what? His fifth season? Id say if his speed is fine he will be adequate...

I think people are deluded into thinking all these other teams are 5 deep with pro bowlers at every position. We have been spoiled with some really deep wr corps throughout the years, but that really isnt the norm...

You simply need WR2 to be adequate to consistently beat man coverage. Jefferson, CA3 or Wilson may fill that role.

One injury away from a scary looking WR room tho, that’s one of the main reasons we need a solid WR2 imho.

Should never set the roster up so that 1 injury stops the train. A solid WR2 just makes sense cuz if Jefferson, CA3 and Wilson are the trio it seems that run attack will suffer vs stacked boxes

Yeah and he followed it up by starting the 22 season on IR, rushing back after 6 games, tweaking his injury, and playing limited snaps tge next two weeks... then the next year Puca displaced him and he demanded a trade...

This is what? His fifth season? Id say if his speed is fine he will be adequate...

I think people are deluded into thinking all these other teams are 5 deep with pro bowlers at every position. We have been spoiled with some really deep wr corps throughout the years, but that really isnt the norm...
Steelers don’t have a Patrick they have an aging vet that will need not pro bowlers but playmakers. I am not talking a guy that will make an occasional play. Guys capable of consistency. You have one WR that they can double and then what do they have?

They have the opposite of a deep WR group right now. Pointing to any WR outside of Pickens and label them as adequate isn’t supported by recent production.

It is arguably this teams greatest weakness . In years past I would think about what had held this team back this position or that. When everything wrapped up I saw that weakness often heavily contributing.

This year it is this position. They will need at least one more proven playmaker. Not a pro-bowler but someone who has produced last year to a level that shows they won’t be able to consistently double up on Pickens.

Hell even at TE there is more questions than answers.

I think Wilson will help with his ability to extend plays. But someone outside of GP will have to be a steady Eddie and right now they just have, I hope they get lucky-Bucky.

You simply need WR2 to be adequate to consistently beat man coverage. Jefferson, CA3 or Wilson may fill that role.

One injury away from a scary looking WR room tho, that’s one of the main reasons we need a solid WR2 imho.

Should never set the roster up so that 1 injury stops the train. A solid WR2 just makes sense cuz if Jefferson, CA3 and Wilson are the trio it seems that run attack will suffer vs stacked boxes
That is a concern without the injury. I think the Steelers think like the one poster that the unit is adequate. But wishing in one hand…..