• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - Rams game thread.

Did we win though .............or did the Rams lose .............. maybe we should call it a draw ...........lol

I am pretty sure we cheated by pumping that crowd noise into the stadium ........ was in the kitchen cooking ....hear big noise and think OH NO ....come in the livingroom .... WTF
They won enough in the 4th and the Rams STs contributed. So for me both the Steelers won it but the Rams ST lost it.

So both!

Red Herring argument. You make the assumption that those things aren't preached during practice. Something that neither you, nor I, can confirm or deny.
You would think that after 8 yrs of high school and college ball that professional football players would no longer need to be taught those those types of things. They are supposed to be mature adults by now.

DJ didn't learn from Pickens huge mistake minutes before that...That's on DJ
Plus DJ isn't green he is been in the league long enough to know taunting can hurt the team. Sometimes the players need to police themselves up.

To be honest, I’m glad the taunting call was called. It was a bullshit pass interference Call on Witherspoon.
They are called every game. Sullivan was called for one on a 3rd down stop.

You honestly think they don’t? Seriously?
Eh, I'm all for Tomlin moving on. But some of these guys would blame him if TJ Watt didn't wear proper clothing in a rainstorm, caught the flu and missed a game.
"Tomlin doesn't preach about wearing the right clothes to match the weather. It's coaching."

You would think that after 8 yrs of high school and college ball that professional football players would no longer need to be taught those those types of things. They are supposed to be mature adults by now.
In fact you really don't see this stupid stuff in college.

You honestly think they don’t? Seriously?
So if they do.....what does that say then? They ignore Tomlin/coaches? That was my point. Either they don't or they do. EITHER WAY IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR.........Tomlin. Does it?
Seriously....DJ is our Vet WR. Smh

Eh, I'm all for Tomlin moving on. But some of these guys would blame him if TJ Watt didn't wear proper clothing in a rainstorm, caught the flu and missed a game.
"Tomlin doesn't preach about wearing the right clothes to match the weather. It's coaching."
It might be more about consequences than preaching. Maybe hit them in the wallet. Not sure if that’s allowed but it should be.

It might be more about consequences than preaching. Maybe hit them in the wallet. Not sure if that’s allowed but it should be.
I'd agree. Hitting that wallet would make a huge difference. Not sure if the team can.
I remember back in the day, the players policed themselves and had lockerroom fines via "Kangaroo Courts". Not sure if that's allowed nowadays either.

So if they do.....what does that say then? They ignore Tomlin/coaches? That was my point. Either they don't or they do. EITHER WAY IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR.........Tomlin. Does it?
Seriously....DJ is our Vet WR. Smh
It doesn't look good league wide. This is not by any means limited to the Steelers. Not even close. I think part of the problem is the energy level Tomlin manages to get form guys sometimes backfires in emotion. When we aren't getting them we are losing. I also blame this whole damned generation for being morons.

Tomlin even included him in the lecture after that play.
I don't think any of our WRs would be capable of deciphering a Tomlin Tomlinism Lecture in real time.
They are not allowed to use cell phones during the game to look that Shyt up on Google ...... just nod your head fellas .....wash, rinse & repeat ............ channel your inner AB

I don't think any of our WRs would be capable of deciphering a Tomlin Tomlinism Lecture in real time.
They are not allowed to use cell phones during the game to look that Shyt up on Google ...... just nod your head fellas .....wash, rinse & repeat ............ channel your inner AB
See my post I just made, lol.

In fact you really don't see this stupid stuff in college.
Wow, now that you mentioned it. Never occurred to me. It’s as if becoming a pro removes the leash college ball had had them. They don’t have sideline tantrums in college either. Being paid entitles them to be ********.

Wow, now that you mentioned it. Never occurred to me. It’s as if becoming a pro removes the leash college ball had had them. They don’t have sideline tantrums in college either. Being paid entitles them to be ********.
Because in college they will just pull their scholarship and there are 5 deep players at each position.

I'll disagree, taunting has to be the dumbest rule in the NFL, you got beat, get over it.
The rule is the rule, whether or not you disagree with it