• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - Rams game thread.

very true slash. Very true. Have no problem taking that win and getting out of town. Some of those calls against us were bush league. What goes around comes around. Did LA get screwed at the end, yes, but it evened out.

How could you call a taunting call for simply putting your finger over your lips and "shushing?" DJ wasnt yelling at him or making fun of him. He was just saying "shhhhh." And the idiot ref thought that was worth 15 yards or negating a play where we got the first. Terrible call so LA has nothing to complain about.
Johnson got right up in dude's face and did the whole shhhhh thing. To be surprised that they called him for taunting means you're either clueless, or just started watching football for the first time this weekend.

Did you miss him having a pretty serious talk when he came off. And it looked like he had a little advice going on there as well. You can do it with a smile.
Nah, you have to stick out that chin and spit all over them in anger, or, tell them to get on with their life's work. I'd say run 'em so much that their legs are dead for the next game, but someone already said that (besides, pretty sure it's against the CBA).

Did you miss him having a pretty serious talk when he came off. And it looked like he had a little advice going on there as well. You can do it with a smile.

Situational football ........... you are a pro player and should know the rules and understand that all eyes are on you when you make a play or draw a penalty. Get your sorry azz back to the huddle and shut the fugg up. or .... coach sits your azz on the bench for you.... There are other players who can replace you on the next play....
WRs are the most childish individuals on the field most days ..... discipline is non existent ......... right up there with not taking accountability ........

I was just as upset with TJ removing his helmet in a previous game .......... you know the rules .... it hurts your team .....nothing else matters ....team sport

Situational football ........... you are a pro player and should know the rules and understand that all eyes are on you when you make a play or draw a penalty. Get your sorry azz back to the huddle and shut the fugg up. or .... coach sits your azz on the bench for you.... There are other players who can replace you on the next play....
WRs are the most childish individuals on the field most days ..... discipline is non existent ......... right up there with not taking accountability ........

I was just as upset with TJ removing his helmet in a previous game .......... you know the rules .... it hurts your team .....nothing else matters ....team sport
Yeah both those players need to clean that crap up.

But for now 1 2 3

Win!

Still a horrible horrible time for DJ to do what he did. That is coaching.

But for now 1 2 3

Win!

Dude, as intelligent as you are, it’s 3-2-1———- Win !!!!!

No worries though, Pittsburgh Dad is still proud of you.

Salute the nation

No, that is a player making a dumb *** decision.
Coaching was Tomlin taking him to task for it when he came off the field.

Johnson got right up in dude's face and did the whole shhhhh thing. To be surprised that they called him for taunting means you're either clueless, or just started watching football for the first time this weekend.
I'll disagree, taunting has to be the dumbest rule in the NFL, you got beat, get over it.

Yes it I but I am sure Tomlin doesn’t tell them to go do that ****. He certainly had words with them. Face it that is unfortunately what we get form many of these young guys at WR and DB. In the old days they did the same **** but did it in the pile or at the line not as much after the play.

No, that is a player making a dumb *** decision.
Coaching was Tomlin taking him to task for it when he came off the field.
Until DJ or another player does the exact same thing next week. Yeah. Sure.

Yes it I but I am sure Tomlin doesn’t tell them to go do that ****. He certainly had words with them. Face it that is unfortunately what we get form many of these young guys at WR and DB. In the old days they did the same **** but did it in the pile or at the line not as much after the play.
It is something you preach about daily in practice. The little things. The ins and outs that you tell the players daily. Coaching up on the side lines after the fact.......a bit late no?

Until DJ or another player does the exact same thing next week. Yeah. Sure.
You do realize that not everything is on the coaches, right? Players make dumb *** decisions in the heat of the moment. That's not on the coaches. It's on the player.
The idea that everything is blamed on the coaches is partially why we have so many entitled *** players who don't take responsibility or accountability for their actions.
Because ultimately, it's not their fault ... it's the coaching.

I'll disagree, taunting has to be the dumbest rule in the NFL, you got beat, get over it.
it is a rule though that is most likely used as a way to stop the escalation of the situation when overpaid, young, immature douches make a simple 1st down play and act like they won the Superbowl.....

It is something you preach about daily in practice. The little things. The ins and outs that you tell the players daily. Coaching up on the side lines after the fact.......a bit late no?
Red Herring argument. You make the assumption that those things aren't preached during practice. Something that neither you, nor I, can confirm or deny.

Red Herring argument. You make the assumption that those things aren't preached during practice. Something that neither you, nor I, can confirm or deny.
Sure. If Tomlin does preach to them the little shot.......and the players still do the stupid ****(game in and game out) ......still doesn't male Tomlin look any better. Or maybe you have another excuse?

Just watched coaches Nick and Mike having a conversation on the field of the FINS vs Eagles game ....... Nick covering his lips with his hand knowing cameras are always watching

Now that is taking everything about your position as a leader to another level .......

I felt like that was a makeup call for the bogus PI but yeah they both have to be smarter then that.

But for now 1 2 3

Win!
Did we win though .............or did the Rams lose .............. maybe we should call it a draw ...........lol

I am pretty sure we cheated by pumping that crowd noise into the stadium ........ was in the kitchen cooking ....hear big noise and think OH NO ....come in the livingroom .... WTF

Sure. If Tomlin does preach to them the little shot.......and the players still do the stupid ****(game in and game out) ......still doesn't male Tomlin look any better. Or maybe you have another excuse?
It's not about excuses for Tomlin. It's that I don't believe EVERY miscue by the players is the coach's fault. Some of y'all would blame Tomlin if Percy Harvin shanked a punt .... OH, that's right, you do. No player accountability. It's all on the coaches. It's a ridiculous take.
Sure, Tomlin makes a lot of boneheaded decisions on things; hiring Canada, keeping Canada, hiring Austin, keeping Austin rather than offering the job to Flores, game management, time management, challenges .... A LOT ....
But, sometimes, players do stupid **** and it has nothing to do with coaching. Just players doing stupid ****.
Also, some of you ... smh ... with the "excuses" anytime someone disagrees with your take on Tomlin. Maybe folks disagree because the take is bullshit.

I felt like that was a makeup call for the bogus PI but yeah they both have to be smarter then that.
It wasn't a makeup call. They'll call that every time. If he turns his head to the sideline and makes the same gesture, no call. He did it right in front of Witherspoon's face. Stupid and selfish.