• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers request interview with LA Rams for potential new OC

The team contacted the LA Rams to interview passing coordinator Zac Robinson for their new OC.
And so it begins! That’s certainly outside the organization.
Robinson has ties to Rudolph. Both went to Oklahoma State. Also, Robinson trained Rudolph for the draft and Rudolph lived with him during that time.

I read that earlier Buckeye. Very interesting! He also will interview with the Raiders I read.

Robinson has ties to Rudolph. Both went to Oklahoma State. Also, Robinson trained Rudolph for the draft and Rudolph lived with him during that time.

Wonder if that means they will try hard to resign Rudy.

Have to read up on him don't know a lot about him.

Looks like there is a decent amount of interest from other teams...

Wow... interesting. Makes you think it's possible they are thinking they make Mason QB 1 if he stays. Maybe they are trying to sweeten the pot to get him to stay.

Bad side of that is it could mean they won't be looking for a vet QB

Wonder if that means they will try hard to resign Rudy.

I would guess that is a part plan should Robinson sign on. It would also sweeten Rudy’s position of trust for level competition.

Salute the nation

I would guess that is a part plan should Robinson sign on. It would also sweeten Rudy’s position of trust for level competition.

Salute the nation
Might just have the opposite effect with Kenny though. I think I'd prefer that both start with someone they haven't worked with in the past and may the best man win.

Might just have the opposite effect with Kenny though. I think I'd prefer that both start with someone they haven't worked with in the past and may the best man win.

I don’t care either way, I just want the best OC that we can get. Like it or not, Rudy is already facing an uphill battle on the fair competition aspect of things.

I’m no expert, but I have a feeling Rudy is exploring all “away” options possible. I think he played into a chance for some decent offers.

I wouldn’t break the bank as it looks like there will be a whole new offensive scheme (if FO has said hands off to Coach Tomlin). I also thin retaining Rudy is a great option to see not only what he has but to also determine Kenny’s future as well.

Salute the nation

Interesting fact: Zac Robinson was a coach on a team that won 4 playoff games in 2021, which is 1 more postseason victory than Tomlin has procured in the last 13 years.

Robinson had the 10th best passing offense in the NFL this year, for what it's worth.

Raiders, Pat** and Steelers. Three teams with unsettled QB situations for a guy that is a young passing guru. If I'm him, I'd welcome the opportunity to be an OC .. But, damn, can you give me something to work with?

Did he attend William and Mary? Did his mom drive on the Pennsylvania turnpike once? Come on man. There has to be a pittsburgh connection or something tied to Tomlin.

Raiders, Pat** and Steelers. Three teams with unsettled QB situations for a guy that is a young passing guru. If I'm him, I'd welcome the opportunity to be an OC .. But, damn, can you give me something to work with?
The Steelers job should be the most attractive. Already a winner, better coaching stability. Of course money could be a deciding factor as well.

I still don't see them offering Rudolph more than Trubisky was making to be QB2 with some large incentives if he plays more like QB1. I lived in OKC when Rudolph and Mayfield were there. I thought both were very good. Mayfield appears to finally be coming into his own with a new potential contract worth $40 to $45 million per. Rudolph had a great arm and threw a lot of long bombs in college. I still think he has another gear left in him that the right OC can bring out. It will be interesting to see if there is a true competition at QB or if they still put KP ahead since he was a 1st round pick. Tomlin never likes to admit he's wrong.

A lot can change for both QBs. Should Rudy stay, like TDX27 says, he may hit that “HIGH” gear. I also think Rudy will get an offer once he has explored outside options. STEELERS will come in close to that.

Kenny will greatly benefit from a QB guru. Those happy feet will need outside help and possibly Robinson may be that help.

Salute the nation

Peter King says the Steelers will speak with Kliff Kingsbury for their open OC position.

Peter King says the Steelers will speak with Kliff Kingsbury for their open OC position.

I hope douche-bag King finally gets one right………….

Salute the nation

I hope douche-bag King finally gets one right………….

Salute the nation
I think this may be the most spot on thing I've seen from you on the board.
Not saying you don't get things spot on ... But, this? This is correct on so many levels.