• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers to take a look at Melvin Ingram

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers remain on the hunt for pass rush help. Had interest in Justin Houston but that does not appear to be a match. Will bring in Melvin Ingram for a visit this week and possibly others. Per Jason La Canfora.

Last edited:
I’d say we should kick some tires on a few edge defenders. Highsmith and Roche replacing Bud and Marsh backing up TJ is a recipe for disaster. Even if Highsmith replaces Bud adequately there’s not a lot of depth there. A vet to even rotate would make me feel better

I’d say we should kick some tires on a few edge defenders. Highsmith and Roche replacing Bud and Marsh backing up TJ is a recipe for disaster. Even if Highsmith replaces Bud adequately there’s not a lot of depth there. A vet to even rotate would make me feel better
I think the team needs OLBer, CB, and LT depth. Just hoping they be thorough and accomplish solidifying these areas before the season kicks off.

I think the team needs OLBer, CB, and LT depth. Just hoping they be thorough and accomplish solidifying these areas before the season kicks off.

slash, I don't know which of the three is most important but I see a big need at CB then OLB & LT. If Moore pans out then we have the LT depth & starter solved wheather Chuks or Moore. Hopefully they can get the help needed. I also think we have a little cap room to bring in someone as well.

Salute the nation

I totally believe this if only cause iirc the Steelers were supposed to have liked him his draft year, and they like recycling those guys after they are available cheap…

meh again id rather us go into the preseason and see if we have any diamonds in the rough before we blow cap space on old vets… if it isn’t a problem don’t waste space that can fill a critical injury spot later.. the guys available aren’t likely to be gamechangers anymore

I totally believe this if only cause iirc the Steelers were supposed to have liked him his draft year, and they like recycling those guys after they are available cheap…

meh again id rather us go into the preseason and see if we have any diamonds in the rough before we blow cap space on old vets… if it isn’t a problem don’t waste space that can fill a critical injury spot later.. the guys available aren’t likely to be gamechangers anymore
Problem is there is weak areas that need addressed. You can wait sure but there is a wait too long miss out risk. They don't need game changers as much as roster fillers that won't necessarily bring in a big drop off in play. Perhaps the difference between capable to oh **** a huge hole exists at the wrong time. On a team notorious for a significant amount of injuries at the wrong time you want to fill those weaknesses. The benefit of doing that before preseason is getting that player up to speed in your system and getting a longer look at what you have in your free agent pickup.

Do you see a particular position 1st or all three equaly ? I see CB but also realize we need all three. TC will help determine but we should address one of the three prior to camp and I thin CB is the one they wait on due to thinking a better talent will show after cuts.

Salute the nation

Cassius marsh is no Diamond in the rough, then you have 2nd year late 3rd rounder and a rookie 7th rounder (though he was a 5th in my big board). There's basically zero depth at OLB

Cassius marsh is no Diamond in the rough, then you have 2nd year late 3rd rounder and a rookie 7th rounder (though he was a 5th in my big board). There's basically zero depth at OLB
Ditto CB and to a slightly lesser degree LT.

I think OLB and LT are very dependent on rookies stepping up. CB I actually feel ok about but only if our pass rush is near 2020 ability. I think Haden, Sutton and Pierre can get it done and Maulet gives us some flexibility. Obviously, not as good as last year but I feel we can manage. If Pierre intercepts in games like he has in OTA’s maybe he makes up for the loss of Hiltons picks. I think Sutton can intercept more than Nelson so we have upside.
My worry is Chuks can’t replace Villanueva and Ben gets killed or TJ misses time and opposing QB’s get 5+ seconds to throw

I think OLB and LT are very dependent on rookies stepping up. CB I actually feel ok about but only if our pass rush is near 2020 ability. I think Haden, Sutton and Pierre can get it done and Maulet gives us some flexibility. Obviously, not as good as last year but I feel we can manage. If Pierre intercepts in games like he has in OTA’s maybe he makes up for the loss of Hiltons picks. I think Sutton can intercept more than Nelson so we have upside.
My worry is Chuks can’t replace Villanueva and Ben gets killed or TJ misses time and opposing QB’s get 5+ seconds to throw
Pierre to me is a mystery with little experience. I have to treat him as an unknown as should the Steelers. Really not a good idea to go into the season without experience at those three positions.

Back to the topic...

I think signing Ingram is a no brainer - if he's healthy - he's gonna be Woodley 2.0. If he's better than that---we could see the reincarnation of Deebo!!!

Back to the topic...

I think signing Ingram is a no brainer - if he's healthy - he's gonna be Woodley 2.0. If he's better than that---we could see the reincarnation of Deebo!!!
For how quickly Wood faided he still ranks up there high for Steelers playoff sacks. Not to forget putting the icing on a SB cake. How sweet that was.