• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS 49ers pick em thread (contest is back)

Steelers 17
SF 10
KP 206 yards

Kenny Pickett 188 yards, 1TD 1 INT

Not sure about the running game. Maybe 105 yards total.

This is a tough game to start the season. Things will improve drastically after this game.
As far as the prediction?

Steelers 19
San Fran 13

Pickett 189 yards.

Now they're playing for real, I think turtle ball will be back.

This is probably closest to reality, but if that same polished look I saw in preseason continues into this game, then the sky is the limit. I'm anxious to see how both sides of the line hold up.

Us.....24
Them...21

Pickett.....225

49ers 21

Steelers 15
There’s always one. :(

I’d actually be very disappointed if the Steelers lost this game. They may be underdogs, but it seems to me everything is stacked in their corner. First home opener since 2014. No doubt the fans are going to be cranked. Long road game for the 49ers. The teams’ energy level is high coming off their impressive pre-season. They’re probably more prepared because of the physical camp. Brock is coming off an injury. It’s looking more like Bosa won’t be playing.

For me…this game is a test to see if the excitement is real. The media are starting to catch up, but for Steelers fans the excitement started the second half of last season, and for me specifically, Christmas Eve 2022. The storyline of that game…the rest of the NFL didn’t understand it like we understood it…we HAD to win that game, and that’s when we really saw this team start to take shape. Though they just missed the playoffs, I wasn’t disappointed. This preseason wasn’t a reason to get excited, it was a confirmation of what we expected after how they finished last year. Yeah, if they lose I’ll be very disappointed.

Last edited:
Steelers - 27
49ers - 6

Pickett throws for 198 yard, 2 TDS
Naj & Jaylen combined have 130 yards rushing. Najee gets the TD.
Dionte will get his first TD in over a year.

EDIT: I’m also predicting Bosa doesn’t play.

Why the Bosa not play ?

Salute the nation

A QB who looked Purdy last year, flying in from the west “D”, against the wind……….……….. 19

Want to impose the running against the wind, KFP, MFO’Canada, REAL “D”……………………. 23.5

KFP will throw for 19 - 23- 1 - int / 2 TDs / 23 rush / small scrumble fight .

Salute the nation

There’s always one. :(

I’d actually be very disappointed if the Steelers lost this game. They may be underdogs, but it seems to me everything is stacked in their corner. First home opener since 2014. No doubt the fans are going to be cranked. Long road game for the 49ers. The teams’ energy level is high coming off their impressive pre-season. They’re probably more prepared because of the physical camp. Brock is coming off an injury. It’s looking more like Bosa won’t be playing.

For me…this game is a test to see if the excitement is real. The media are starting to catch up, but for Steelers fans the excitement started the second half of last season, and for me specifically, Christmas Eve 2022. The storyline of that game…the rest of the NFL didn’t understand it like we understood it…we HAD to win that game, and that’s when we really saw this team start to take shape. Though they just missed the playoffs, I wasn’t disappointed. This preseason wasn’t a reason to get excited, it was a confirmation of what we expected after how they finished last year. Yeah, if they lose I’ll be very disappointed.
Yep. Not sure why that bothers you. The last 8-10 years of Steelers football has made me something of a pessimist. On paper this team should be improved. On paper. Will it translate to the field? Guess we will see on Sunday.

You're right, this is a game the Steelers should win. Like you, I'll be disappointed if they lose, but not even a little bit surprised.

Why the Bosa not play ?
Most recent reports say, though it's likely he'll become the highest paid of all time, a big contract like that is complicated and takes time to work out. As of yesterday, their initial walk through for this weeks game, he was not with the team, and a SF article I read said if he's not with the team by Wednesday he likely won't play, or at least be on a snap count if a last minute deal is signed.

And now there are reports saying Kittle might not play because of his groin.

Last edited: