• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers VS 49ers pick em thread (contest is back)

Yep. Not sure why that bothers you. The last 8-10 years of Steelers football has made me something of a pessimist. On paper this team should be improved. On paper. Will it translate to the field? Guess we will see on Sunday.

You're right, this is a game the Steelers should win. Like you, I'll be disappointed if they lose, but not even a little bit surprised.
Not bothered at all, just a friendly jab. I understand the pessimism, I was right there with you. But you gotta admit...this team 'feels' different. I hope week one gives us all a reason to be optimistic.

Last edited:
Not bothered at all, just a friendly jab. I understand the pessimism, I was right there with you. But you gotta admit...this team 'feels' different. I hope week one gives us all a reason to be optimistic.
I don't think this team will contend for the SB, but it would be nice if they show signs of life. A win on Sunday, even if Bosa and Kittle don't play, will be a step in the right direction. Hope the stadium is rocking and haven't felt this much optimism in the last 5 years. We'll see.

I don't think this team will contend for the SB, but it would be nice if they show signs of life. A win on Sunday, even if Bosa and Kittle don't play, will be a step in the right direction. Hope the stadium is rocking and haven't felt this much optimism in the last 5 years. We'll see.A
A win would be huge. Even without Bosa, the 9ers D is stacked. Their O has a ton of speed and runners. If our O scores 20, that will be a tremendous feat. The D and special teams are going to need to step up in this game. Canaduh better have a game plan for this one and be prepared to make in-game adjustments.

A win would be huge. Even without Bosa, the 9ers D is stacked. Their O has a ton of speed and runners. If our O scores 20, that will be a tremendous feat. The D and special teams are going to need to step up in this game. Canaduh better have a game plan for this one and be prepared to make in-game adjustments.
i

"We are preparing for Bosa," Tomlin said in his weekly news conference Tuesday. "It is prudent for us to assume that he's going to be there and prepare in that vein as opposed to be surprised."

i

"We are preparing for Bosa," Tomlin said in his weekly news conference Tuesday. "It is prudent for us to assume that he's going to be there and prepare in that vein as opposed to be surprised."
Unfortunately, that only means they will possibly plan on how to keep Bosa somewhat at bey. It doesn't mean they will gameplan on how to attack the D. They admitted they didn't gameplan last year and Canaduh has said they will do the same things this year. You obviously play to your strengths but you also have to have a plan on how to attack a teams D. Tomlin loves to live in his fears.

Men of Steel = 24
Shiny Rock Pickers = 16

Number 8 matriculates the ball down the field at a distance of 894 feet.

Last edited:
Preseason means nothing but...

In my opinion, this is the most well-rounded team that we've had since the mid 2000's.

My gut tells me we're going to score at least 25 points - so, here's my prediction:

Steelers 26
49ers 17

EDIT - Kenny throws for 216 yards

New season and I decided to go with the contest with weekly winners. Everyone is eligible but if you don't want your prize it defaults to the second runner up. No exceptions, discussions or debates.

There will be a grand prize winner. The gifts are randomly decided and undisclosed.

Don't forget to play your tiebreakers.

I will play but will not be eligible to place or get a prize.

I still have some addresses but if I need one I will email you privately.

Good luck

Steelers 23- 49ers 21

Tiebreaker

Kenny f***ing Pickett will throw for..

235 yards

Let me know if you will honor me winning a prize this time :)

Steelers 31, 49ers 24

Pickett throws for 206 yards.

Tie breaker, Tomlin wears his extra a dark shades and wastes a time out of a red flag.

Steelers 31, 49ers 24

Tie breaker, Tomlin wears his extra a dark shades and wastes a time out of a red flag.
I outlined the rules in the first post. Let me know if you need someone to help explain them to you.

Saw earlier that there is a possibility Kittle will be out. So, a gimp at QB and maybe no Bosa and no Kittle.

Most recent reports say, though it's likely he'll become the highest paid of all time, a big contract like that is complicated and takes time to work out. As of yesterday, their initial walk through for this weeks game, he was not with the team, and a SF article I read said if he's not with the team by Wednesday he likely won't play, or at least be on a snap count if a last minute deal is signed.

And now there are reports saying Kittle might not play because of his groin.
He will sign, then pull a hammy in the first quarter,then be worthless for 6 weeks after.

That's always my biggest worry with players at the start of the year not being in game shape, then tweaking quads&hamstrings right out of the gate.

I think Steelers ride the high while 9ers are distracted.

Steelers 27
49er's 24
Kenny Pickett - 321 yards passing, 40 yards rushing

Steelers 31, 49ers 24

Coach, R-E-A-D the ****-ing rules he laid out in his post. Follow the rules and you will get the prize.

The year you got disqualified, was because you tried to make up rules in a contest you had no authority to do so.

Pretty simple but you make it difficult by doing things ONLY you can do.

Salute the nation

Saw earlier that there is a possibility Kittle will be out. So, a gimp at QB and maybe no Bosa and no Kittle.

We both know that we can ONLY play who they put on the field.

**** Bosa and Kittle, regardless of play or not.

Salute the nation

Men of Steel 24
Minor 49’ers 23
KFP 220 yards